• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
I don't think Dirt 5 looks particularly good on Series X to be honest. Performance mode looks quite last gen (albeit late last gen to a point) and resolution mode looks a bit better but the tearing is awful and, along with the FPS drops, ruins it for me.

Maybe you should try the quality mode then. I personally think that that's the best available option. Game looks stunning in certain moments especially with the weather effects. But sometimes it can look kinda muddy. Graphics are certainly a mixed bag, but I really like it visually most of the time.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Amazon selling 100 dollar XB gift cards for 90. They work on hardware sold by MS (controllers are now 40 bucks) or software obviously.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Which sucks since the 60 seems to stutter all over the place, it's terrible.

Im not far into the game but its felt really consistent to me so far. So much so that ive actually started to play it again as it was a bit of a performance mess on the One X

Maybe performance dips the further you go into the game but for me so far its been very good

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone recommend some good racing games to show off what the Series X can do? I will say that I've briefly tried the Forza games and they didn't quite do it for me. I'm wondering if maybe there's a great arcade racer on Xbox One that looks/runs great on Series X? Perhaps something that even has One X enhancements? Any recommendations appreciated!

GRID (2019). I say that and I worked on Forza games lol. Hooked on it and appreciate it is just pure racing. Also got a kick out of making my teammate a rival during races when slamming into them too hard. They race harder scoring "us" more points trying to get me back lol.
Initially I was playing on PC and double dipped to try it on x|s.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm honestly not sure why people say the Forzas look that good :x I also found Dirt 5 far more impressive. I even think Grid 2019, which shouldn't look different on my Series S than it does on an Xbox One? Looks better than the Forzas. Not to say they're not good games though!

Grid 2019 isn't even close to Horizon 4 graphically.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Interested to see how Empire of Sin performs, especially on the next gen consoles.

I asked on the official Facebook page and was told there are no enhancements for next gen. Asked what resolution it runs at and I haven't got an answer, at least not yet. I hope it's not locked to 30fps and low resolution to account for the base Xbox One, and will at least run better on more powerful hardware.

All games released after the PS5 and Series S/X should really include unlocked framerate and resolution options at this point, as future proofing if nothing else.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Can anyone recommend some good racing games to show off what the Series X can do? I will say that I've briefly tried the Forza games and they didn't quite do it for me. I'm wondering if maybe there's a great arcade racer on Xbox One that looks/runs great on Series X? Perhaps something that even has One X enhancements? Any recommendations appreciated!

I'm with you... I don't find Forza that impressive to look at. The whole series always looks off to me. Even the Forza 8 *in game engine* trailer doesn't look right to me. <shrug>

Last edited:

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm with you... I don't find Forza that impressive to look at. The whole series always looks off to me. Even the Forza 8 *in game engine* trailer doesn't look right to me. <shrug>

Oh, I meant more from a gameplay standpoint. I guess I'm more of a 90's arcade racer kind of guy. I ended up checking out Burnout Paradise Remastered. It looks great on the Series X... just wish it had dedicated races instead of the whole open world setup...

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Really? I'm not very sensitive to resolution usually but the character models look markedly different to me.

Yeah, I've switched back and forth a million times and can't see the difference. I think it's because it's a fairly small jump. 1080p to 1440p, and the 60 fps makes it look extra crispy, even at the lower resolution. Also, the HDR does a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to making the game look good. And of course the pretty stuttery performance in resolution mode doesn't help things.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
It's weird because I've always considered myself a graphics whore and these smooth 60 games at lower resolution are shaking my world upside down.

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
We Happy Few performs terribly on Series X, yes it looks really sharp but the framerate is all over the place, hope they lower the resolution.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It's weird because I've always considered myself a graphics whore and these smooth 60 games at lower resolution are shaking my world upside down.

That's because 60fps is better graphics, the motion clarity and increase temporal resolution makes everything look better as soon as you start moving the camera.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Does anyone else have issues with audio crackling, cracking and hissing when using headphones through a controller? Is there any way to fix this? It's getting really annoying.....

Mar 6, 2019
Rainbow Six Seige at 120fps is a game changer. Actually playable and fun on console. No more laggy gameplay and looks a bit more nicer also.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
im having a musical chairs like issue with games downloading onto my internal...or leaving it. Sometimes i turn my Xbox on, and Grounded/No Mans Sky and other rando games are now on my Internal instead of my external.

and GTA 4 keeps disappearing from my internal. Also Watch Dogs Legion won't show up in my owned games tab. Even tho i own it

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see him test the outdoor environments cause that's where the XB1X really tanked in performance. I should maybe revisit my save on this one on the Series X!
Sadly the Series X performance is no good. Its 60 in enclosed areas but it falls dramatically in open areas, so going from 60 to almost 30 feels more jarring.

Mar 19, 2020
I'm right there with you. Took resolution over frame rate every time but now that all the games I'm playing are locked 60, I'm going to have a way harder time choosing resolution/ray tracing mode or performance mode in the future...

jim2011

Oct 27, 2017
Fifa is out for Series X. I didn't play the Xbox One X version so I can't tell you the differences but the replays look damn good though at 30 FPS. The rest of the game is at 60 but the camera is so far away it doesn't showcase the system well.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is my eyes deceiving me or Witcher 3 on Series X performance mode looks the same as 4K mode? I checked and I don't see much of a difference.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Sadly the Series X performance is no good. Its 60 in enclosed areas but it falls dramatically in open areas, so going from 60 to almost 30 feels more jarring.
Ouch! Guessing the Series S version is 1080p and the Series X is trying for a 2160p?

Is my eyes deceiving me or Witcher 3 on Series X performance mode looks the same as 4K mode? I checked and I don't see much of a difference.

It seems performance mode actually goes a little higher than 1080p, so it should look quite nice on Series X. Definitely the way to play it!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Series X/One X
4K: 2160p Dyn (2160p-1800p), 30fps
Enhanced shadows, textures, texture filtering, and AO.
Performance: 1332p Dyn (1332p-1080p), 60fps
Enhanced shadows (less than 4K's), textures, texture filtering (less than 4K's), and AO.

It seems performance mode actually goes a little higher than 1080p, so it should look quite nice on Series X. Defintely the way to play it!
Just started Deliver Us the Moon and pleasently surprised by the 1080p/60fps mode.

I'm playing a lot of games at 60fps and I don't care if they are only 1080p, it's just so smooth! Rise of the TR, Shadow of the TR, Witcher 3 etc. So nice to finally play with a solid and smooth framerate! I really hope games going forward will always have a solid 60fps mode regardless of resolution.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Immortals Fenyx Rising

Series X
Quality mode - native 4k/30
Performance - Dynamic 1440/4k at 60fps

Series S
Quality mode - 1440p/30
Performance mode - 1080p/60

Oct 29, 2017
im having a musical chairs like issue with games downloading onto my internal...or leaving it. Sometimes i turn my Xbox on, and Grounded/No Mans Sky and other rando games are now on my Internal instead of my external.

and GTA 4 keeps disappearing from my internal. Also Watch Dogs Legion won't show up in my owned games tab. Even tho i own it

From what I've read, I think optimized games automatically switch onto your internal drive because they need the native SSD for the optimization. Grounded and NMS are both optimized so that's probably what's happening.

Revenge First

Mar 21, 2020
It looks like Warhammer : Vermintide 2 has been optimised for series S/X just downloading the update on my series S now. Supposed to be 60 FPS but unsure of anything else

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Really surprised this hasn't made news but Crysis Remastered is getting a next gen specific update. He mentions bringing back the 60FPS cap on next gen while leaving all modes locked to 30 on last gen. I assume we'll be getting the 4K/30 mode with an uncapped Framerate. Hope they touch on the ray tracing mode as well but I just want the regular mode to be 4K/60 tbh.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following. I've been working on this throughout the week and I apologize for the number of "UNKNOWNs", but I keep coming up empty-handed when finding those respect titles' information.

DARQ Complete Edition
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
UNKNOWN​
One X
UNKNOWN​
Duck Life Adventure
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR
Empire of Sin
Series X/One X
2160p​
FIFA 21
Series S
UNKNOWN
Increased player models, hair rendering, cloth physics, npc counts, lighting.​
Series X
2160p
Increased player models, hair rendering, cloth physics, npc counts, lighting.​
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR
I, AI
Series X/One X
UNKNOWN​
Haven
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p​
One X
UNKNOWN​
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Series S
Performance: 1080p Dyn (1080p-720p), 60fps​
Quality: 1440p Dyn (1440p-1080p), 30fps​
Series X
Performance: 2160p Dyn (2160p-1080p), 60fps​
Quality: 2160p Dyn (2160p-1872p), 30fps​
One X
2160p​
HDR
Landflix Odyssey
Series X/One X
2160p​
Madden NFL 21
Series S
UNKNOWN
Increased texture resolution, lighting, npc counts, player animation, weather effects.​
Series X
2160p
Increased texture resolution, lighting, npc counts, player animation, weather effects.​
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR
Quiplash 2 InterLASHional: The Say Anything Party Game!
Series X/One X
2160p​
Rainbow Six: Siege
Series S
1728p, 120fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
One X
1728p​
Can unlock framerate.​
Red Dead Online
Series X/One X
2160p, 30fps w/minor drops​
Shoot 1UP DX
Series X/One X
2160p​
Sinkr 2
Series X/One X
2160p​
Tesla Force
Series S
1080p, 120fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
One X
2160p​
Undead Horde
Series S
1080p, 120fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
One X
2160p​
Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Series S
1080p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
2160p​
We Happy Few
Series S
1080p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps w/drops​
One X
2160p​
HDR
It looks like Warhammer : Vermintide 2 has been optimised for series S/X just downloading the update on my series S now. Supposed to be 60 FPS but unsure of anything else
Thank you; the additional pair of eyes you and others provide helps this thread out tremendously! It's great seeing devs throw in some unforeseen support, even if it is just simply doubling the frame rate.

Really surprised this hasn't made news but Crysis Remastered is getting a next gen specific update. He mentions bringing back the 60FPS cap on next gen while leaving all modes locked to 30 on last gen. I assume we'll be getting the 4K/30 mode with an uncapped Framerate. Hope they touch on the ray tracing mode as well but I just want the regular mode to be 4K/60 tbh.
Ooohhh, nice! This is definitely worth keeping an eye out for.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The rock solid 60fps and auto-HDR for DQXIS makes the game looks so good. I played it to death on Switch and I am currently going back and for on my X1X and XSX in between rooms. This is a good example of an Xbox One game that just looks and feels much better on XSX.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing! I'll grab it when its on sale again.

tandeciarz

Apr 21, 2020
Is anyone experiencing Dishonored 2 crashing to Dash on Series X after pressing any button at the title screen?.... Keep occurring even after console restarts

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Seems like Destiny upgrade is in, there is a badge on the icon. Downloading rn but It may be a mistake cause it was supposed to land on 10th.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
so when i got my series X, i plugged in my HDD and moved over all the series x games i wanted upgraded to the internal. it did that, then downloaded the updates, and it seems like it kept both the copies of the game on the internal and external hd? i picked move, not copy.....went back and manually deleted things but i don't understand, did it keep the regular xbox one version on the HD and redownload the whole game for series x on my internal? Whatever, got it sorted out now but just thought it was weird the system by default was doubling up my stored data for no reason

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
The rock solid 60fps and auto-HDR for DQXIS makes the game looks so good. I played it to death on Switch and I am currently going back and for on my X1X and XSX in between rooms. This is a good example of an Xbox One game that just looks and feels much better on XSX.

does this version have less pop-in than the Switch version?

tandeciarz

Apr 21, 2020
Seems like Destiny upgrade is in, there is a badge on the icon. Downloading rn but It may be a mistake cause it was supposed to land on 10th.
The update was meant to be rolled out on the 8th of December and Bungie is saying that the new version will weigh 70GB on XSX, I think it's just a logo added... don't want to download cause you need to fully re-download the game for the update to be applied, lol - let me know what it looks like on your side?

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
The update was meant to be rolled out on the 8th of December and Bungie is saying that the new version will weigh 70GB on XSX, I think it's just a logo added... don't want to download cause you need to fully re-download the game for the update to be applied, lol - let me know what it looks like on your side?
Yep, false alarm. No upgrades as of now.