• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Any chance anyone's had enough time with WRC 9 to know how the Series X/S enhancements manifest? My finger's on the "buy" button, but I wish I knew a little more what I was getting into. Like, my IDEAL would be a 120 fps mode, and I know it was (relatively) easy to manage on PC. The Series S version looks really solid, based on this YT footage at least.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Any chance anyone's had enough time with WRC 9 to know how the Series X/S enhancements manifest? My finger's on the "buy" button, but I wish I knew a little more what I was getting into. Like, my IDEAL would be a 120 fps mode, and I know it was (relatively) easy to manage on PC. The Series S version looks really solid, based on this YT footage at least.

I bought WRC 9 even while owning WRC8 and allegedly (i have a series X and 60hz tv) there is not a 120fps mode afaik, unless it only unlocks when tv supports it.

but from what I was able to find about the S/X upgrade, solid 60FPS (on X I believe it is 4k -dynamic?), enhanced texture resolution, optimized for SSD loads (they are quick), much faster updating of the driving model which adds to the sense of contact with road and they improved the weight transfer of the vehicles and it is definitely noticeable. I use a pad and am addicted to the feeling in 9. I have seen a YT'er say it was the same but it is not.

the game definitely looks better than WRC 8 did on my SX and runs better than One X did, before I bought 9 ($25? thank you), runs smoothly and much cleaner and very little to no pop in and great draw distance

not to mention the 3 new locations, cars and more updates to come

2 drawbacks - no HDR on 9 and quick resume does not work (WRC 8 works under Auto HDR and QR as a BC title) ... normally no HDR (and QR) would be a deal breaker for me next gen but I am forgiving it because of how exciting it is to race in

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I bought WRC 9 even while owning WRC8 and allegedly (i have a series X and 60hz tv) there is not a 120fps mode afaik, unless it only unlocks when tv supports it.

but from what I was able to find about the S/X upgrade, solid 60FPS (on X I believe it is 4k -dynamic?), enhanced texture resolution, optimized for SSD loads (they are quick), much faster updating of the driving model which adds to the sense of contact with road and they improved the weight transfer of the vehicles and it is definitely noticeable. I use a pad and am addicted to the feeling in 9. I have seen a YT'er say it was the same but it is not.

the game definitely looks better than WRC 8 did on my SX and runs better than One X did, before I bought 9 ($25? thank you), runs smoothly and much cleaner and very little to no pop in and great draw distance...

not to mention the 3 new locations, cars and more updates to come

2 drawbacks - no HDR on 9 and quick resume does not work (WRC 8 works under Auto HDR and QR as a BC title) ... normally no HDR (and QR) would be a deal breaker for me next gen but I am forgiving it because of how exciting it is to race in

Nice, and thanks for taking the time to put together the write up.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really interested in Xbox og and 360 games and someone near me is selling a one x for $200. I'm hoping the og xbox games can all be bought digitally.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following entries:

Football Manager 2021
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p​
One X
UNKNOWN​
HDR
Serious Sam Collection
Series X/One X
2160p​
eFootball PES 2021
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR

Maybe I missed an update. But how's Bioshock collection on Series X?
The horrendous camera stutter is still there and hasn't been fixed. Doubt it ever will be fixed.
This is bonkers level. I don't understand why this isn't fixed and, more importantly, why being offline is the workaround.

I'm really interested in Xbox og and 360 games and someone near me is selling a one x for $200. I'm hoping the og xbox games can all be bought digitally.
Most of the 360 and OG Xbox titles are available digitally on the Xbox Store. A random search found that Breakdown nor Unreal Championship 2 were on the store, though.

It's 1332p dynamic according to the OP. I personally think it's best to wait for the Series X patch next year.
Its no where near 4k from my testing. When it was on x1x the performance mode would go up to something near 1440p. Unfortunately when I tested with series x, its definitely not hitting 4k or appearing to go much higher. It also has inferior shadows and ambient occlusion. Personally I'm going to wait for the official series x patch.
I think it's fair to say that The Witcher 3 tops off at 1440p, just the One X never could quite there reliably enough. 1332p, which I took from Digital Foundry's analysis, is an odd top-end resolution. I'll do some more digging around and see if anyone ever caught what resolution Performance Mode uses.

Any chance to include framerate of all the games? Or at least mention which games are 60fps?

Thanks
That's already being done.
There's an "*" in there. For the Series S and Series X I am logging the framerate. However, for the "One X/Series X" entries I am only logging the framerate if it changes over the base One S version.
eFootball PES 2021 Season Update should be added to the list - it supports 2160p like with 2020 (I mean, it is pretty much the same game!)
Thanks for keeping an eye out!

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So with disc version of Resident Evil 3 I should be able to run it 2160p unpatched right?

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Hey folks, I have an Xbox One X and I just moved all my games to an external HDD. I'm going to be setting up my XSX tonight. What's the best way to determine what games I should move to the console SSD vs leave on the external HDD? I understand some games are 'enhanced' but only if the game is on the console SSD vs external.

EDIT: found this page https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized#thetable it's not clear if the games need to be on the internal SSD or if they can be played off of the external HDD to take advantage of the XSX.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks, I have an Xbox One X and I just moved all my games to an external HDD. I'm going to be setting up my XSX tonight. What's the best way to determine what games I should move to the console SSD vs leave on the external HDD? I understand some games are 'enhanced' but only if the game is on the console SSD vs external.

EDIT: found this page https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized#thetable it's not clear if the games need to be on the internal SSD or if they can be played off of the external HDD to take advantage of the XSX.

They have to be internal for any load differences but general stability improvements of BC are universal.

And you may as well not bother wasting time copying over any cross gen games that have a native XSX version because it will just start to download the entire thing off of live.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
They have to be internal for any load differences but general stability improvements of BC are universal.

And you may as well not bother wasting time copying over any cross gen games that have a native XSX version because it will just start to download the entire thing off of live.

Yeah that's kinda disaster that you gotta redownload the whole damn thing

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Ohhhh, is that what it's doing when it says there's a massive update? I thought they were just...massive updates lol. I didn't realize that's what was happening

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I wasted a lot of time on launch day trying to transfer games from my 1X to Series X. It was mostly pointless.

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
AC Valhalla is adding a 30FPS quality mode in tomorrows update on Series X and a 60FPS option for Series S. Also fixing screen tearing at 60fps.

This page has definitely closed. To find your favorite forums and threads, go to https://discussions.ubisoft.com.

This page has definitely closed. To find your favorite forums and threads, go to https://discussions.ubisoft.com.

Great news !

curious to see the performance at 60fps on Series S. At 1440p probably not locked ,but at 1080p , maybe.

Byron Hinson

Nov 14, 2017
UK
Be interested to see if this looks much different to the 60fps mode. Will find it hard to drop down to 30fps for this one again.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Can anyone recommend some good racing games to show off what the Series X can do? I will say that I've briefly tried the Forza games and they didn't quite do it for me. I'm wondering if maybe there's a great arcade racer on Xbox One that looks/runs great on Series X? Perhaps something that even has One X enhancements? Any recommendations appreciated!

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend some good racing games to show off what the Series X can do? I will say that I've briefly tried the Forza games and they didn't quite do it for me. I'm wondering if maybe there's a great arcade racer on Xbox One that looks/runs great on Series X? Perhaps something that even has One X enhancements? Any recommendations appreciated!

Dirt 5 on a Series S seemed damn impressive to me so I'm sure on an X more so

Oct 29, 2017

The easy and obvious suggestion is Forza Horizon 4. No other racing game comes remotely close.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Dead or Alive 6 looks REALLY nice on Series X in 4K mode and appears to be locked 60fps. The HDR seems a little weird to me in this game though. Its like the overall picture just isn't bright enough.

Burnout Paradise Remastered is quite nice as well. 4K 60 and looks really great considering its essentially a 360-era game.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Guess you haven't fought on Seaside Eden yet in Dead or Alive 6. I hope there's some fix for it in the future. It runs great otherwise.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i've seen some talk around about games that have enhancements, but they don't require them to be installed on the internal. Is this true. And where to find a list like that.

Heck, it took me a week to realize that quick resume worked on external harddrive games too. I just assumed it was internal only. So i was transferring anything i play often to internal

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm honestly not sure why people say the Forzas look that good :x I also found Dirt 5 far more impressive. I even think Grid 2019, which shouldn't look different on my Series S than it does on an Xbox One? Looks better than the Forzas. Not to say they're not good games though!

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think Dirt 5 looks particularly good on Series X to be honest. Performance mode looks quite last gen (albeit late last gen to a point) and resolution mode looks a bit better but the tearing is awful and, along with the FPS drops, ruins it for me.