• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've been low-key updating the thread throughout the week. The following changes have been made:

Apex Legends
Series S
UNKNOWN
AO, improved shadow resolution, farther LoD, increased texture quality.​
Series X
1440p
One X
1440p Dyn. (1260p-1292p avg)​
HDR
Chicken Police - Paint It RED!
Series X/One X
2160p​
DRAGON QUEST® XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Definitive Edition
Series X/One X
2160p​
VRR
Fortnite
Series S
1080p, 60fps​
"Will support most of the visual enhancements available on the Series X."​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
"Grass and trees responding to explosions, enhanced fluid simulations for smoke and liquid (cooler-looking smoke and liquid effects), and all-new Storm and cloud effects."​
One X
2160p Dyn (uses temporal upsampling)​
Battle Royale: 1728-1152p (1440p avg), 60fps w/drops​
Increased textures, shadows, foliage, AO, lighting, AF.​
Save the World: UNKNOWN, ~30-40fps uncapped​
Framerate selectable.​
Family Mysteries 2: Echoes of Tomorrow
Series X/One X
2160p​
Grey Skies: A War of the Worlds Story
Series X/One X
2160p​
Legends of Eternal
Series X/One X
2160p​
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered
Series X/One X
Fidelity:2160p, 30fps​
Performance1080p, 60fps​
Star Wars: Squadrons
Series S
Visuals: 1440p Dyn, 60fps
Improved lighting.
Performance: 1440p Dyn, 120fps​
Series X
Visuals: 2160p Dyn, 60fps
Improved lighting.
Performance: 2160p Dyn, 120fps​
Series X/One X
2160c Dyn (2160p-1560p, ~1944p avg)​
HDR
VRR
Warframe
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160​
Increased dynamic lighting.​
One X
UNKNOWN​
YesterMorrow
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I just added a few more entries to the OP. The Series X|S launch is nearly upon us!

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Series S
1080p, 120fps​
4K Mode: 2160p, 60fps​
Highest Graphics and Visual Effects settings and High Fidelity Audio with increased Dynamic Range and Convolution Reverb for ambiences.​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
6K Mode: 2160p (downsampled from 3240p), 60fps​
Highest Graphics and Visual Effects settings and High Fidelity Audio with increased Dynamic Range and Convolution Reverb for ambiences.​
One X
2160p​
HDR
atmosnvjhf.png

Persephone
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR
Red Rope: Don't Fall Behind +
Series X/One X
2160p​
State of Decay 2
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
Increased texture resolution, shadow detail, foliage density, ambient occlusion, and higher draw distance.​
Series X/One X
2160p, 30fps w/dips​
Increased texture resolution, shadow detail, foliage density, ambient occlusion, and higher draw distance.​
HDR
We Happy Few
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
2160p​
HDR

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I just added a few more entries to the OP. The Series X|S launch is nearly upon us!

Series S
1080p, 120fps​
4K Mode: 2160p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
6K Mode: 2160p (downsampled from 3240p), 60fps​
One X
2160p​
HDR
atmosnvjhf.png

Persephone
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR
Red Rope: Don't Fall Behind +
Series X/One X
2160p​
State of Decay 2
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
Series X/One X
2160p, 30fps w/dips​
HDR
We Happy Few
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
2160p​
HDR

Unless I'm mistaken, Ori on Series S does NOT have the highest graphical and visual effects settings like the Series X does

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following:

Doom Eternal
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
UNKNOWN​
One X
1800p Dyn. (3200x1800-2560x1440)​
HDR
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
UNKNOWN​
One X
UNKNOWN​
Series S
1080p, 120fps
4K Mode: 2160p, 60fps
High Fidelity Audio with increased Dynamic Range and Convolution Reverb for ambiences.​
Series X
2160p, 120fps
6K Mode: 2160p (downsampled from 3240p), 60fps
One X
2160p​
HDR
atmosnvjhf.png

The Elder Scrolls Online
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
UNKNOWN​
One X
2160p
Upgraded shadows and water reflections, SSAO, and increased view distance.​
HDR

Unless I'm mistaken, Ori on Series S does NOT have the highest graphical and visual effects settings like the Series X does
You're correct, I just copy and pasted from the Series X. I've corrected it. Thanks for keeping an eye out!

Syrenne

Producer of Manifold Garden
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Is this the thread where I should report new enhancements to Manifold Garden's Series X|S versions? We just launched and surprise, the Series X|S versions have HDR support! We've been working on this for a while and will have it rolled out to other console versions soon.

Hubi

Nov 13, 2017
Is this the thread where I should report new enhancements to Manifold Garden's Series X|S versions? We just launched and surprise, the Series X|S versions have HDR support! We've been working on this for a while and will have it rolled out to other console versions soon.
Sounds great

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say, its crazy playing a giant open world game like ac valhalla at a locked 60 fps with really clean image quality

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Anyone know how The Touryst XSX enhancements work? I don't see anything in the options, so does having my system set to 120hz just enable that mode and lock me out of anything else? I mostly just want to know if it's working or not.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Happy Xbox Series day! You can find all the below and more in the new-and-improved OP (now with threadmarks!). I took a guess on Overcooked! All You Can Eat for the Xbox One X. If anyone can confirm/deny that, I would appreciate it. Now get back to playing on your shiny new Xbox (if you got one, that is)!

Bright Memory
Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
UNKNOWN​
Enlisted
Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
UNKNOWN​
HDR
Fuser
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR
VRR
Gears: Tactics
Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
Increased texture quality and world detail. Can toggle 60fps/30fps for cutscenes.​
One X
2160p, 60fps​
1440p, 60fps​
HDR
Liftoff: Drone Racing
Series X/One X
2160p​
Manifold Garden
Series S
1440p​
Maxed settings, draw distance.​
Series X
2160p​
One X
1800p​
"Settings between PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X."​
HDR
Overcooked! All You Can Eat
Series S
2160p​
Series X
2160p​
One X
2160p​
Rogue Company
Series S
1440p, 120fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
One X
2160p, 60fps​
Sparkle 4 Tales
Series X/One X
2160p​
Tetris Effect: Connected
Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
1080p, 60fps w/drops​
The Medium
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Ray tracing.​
Series X
2160p​
Ray tracing.​
HDR
VRR
Train Sim World® 2
Series X/One X
2160p​
Warhammer: Chaosbane
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
UNKNOWN​

As you can see above I've been quite busy today and you've made life a little easier, thank you very much for sharing! (Also, I am super stoked to finally play Manifold Garden on my new Xbox!)

The Medium is next gen and PC only, no Xbox One version.
D'oh, I knew that, too. Thanks for catching that!

Anyone know how The Touryst XSX enhancements work? I don't see anything in the options, so does having my system set to 120hz just enable that mode and lock me out of anything else? I mostly just want to know if it's working or not.
This review seems to imply that the game automatically picks based on your TV's capabilities.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Finally found this thread again. :D

Question, can you maybe color code all titles that already have an Series X patch? Like this as example:

Railway Empire

Series X/One X
2160p

Increased AA.
HDR

Rainbow Six: Siege

Series S
1080p, 120fps

Series X
2160p, 120fps

One X
1728p

Can unlock framerate.

Real Farm

Series X/One X
2160p

HDR

Realm Royale

Series X/One X
2160p

Cause I find it really hard to look through the OT and find series X enhanced titles only.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Xbox Series day! You can find all the below and more in the new-and-improved OP (now with threadmarks!). I took a guess on Overcooked! All You Can Eat for the Xbox One X. If anyone can confirm/deny that, I would appreciate it. Now get back to playing on your shiny new Xbox (if you got one, that is)!

Bright Memory
Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
UNKNOWN​
Enlisted
Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
UNKNOWN​
HDR
Fuser
Series X/One X
2160p​
HDR
VRR
Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
Increased texture quality and world detail. Can toggle 60fps/30fps for cutscenes.​
One X
2160p, 60fps​
1440p, 60fps​
HDR
Liftoff: Drone Racing
Series X/One X
2160p​
Manifold Garden
Series S
1440p​
Series X
2160p​
One X
1800p​
"Settings between PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X."​
HDR
Overcooked! All You Can Eat
Series S
2160p​
Series X
2160p​
One X
2160p​
Rogue Company
Series S
1440p, 120fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
One X
2160p, 60fps​
Sparkle 4 Tales
Series X/One X
2160p​
Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
1080p, 60fps w/drops​
The Medium
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Ray tracing.​
Series X
2160p​
Ray tracing.​
HDR
VRR
Train Sim World® 2
Series X/One X
2160p​
Warhammer: Chaosbane
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
UNKNOWN​

As you can see above I've been quite busy today and you've made life a little easier, thank you very much for sharing! (Also, I am super stoked to finally play Manifold Garden on my new Xbox!)

D'oh, I knew that, too. Thanks for catching that!

This review seems to imply that the game automatically picks based on your TV's capabilities.
Gears Tactics is 2160p30fps not 60fps on OneX.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
I played Gears Tactics on OG Xbox One this morning and now i just booted it up on Series S and omg. It's night and day. It looks fantastic.

Linkeds2

Nov 15, 2017
North Bay, CA
I didn't time it but fallout 76 loads significantly faster on series X. Like a 15 second or less load time from menu.
Fast traveling is instant. Like less than a second

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the following. I've been trying to find out information on Observer: System Redux, but am coming up empty-handed. It's a title I actually want to play, having only put in about an hour into the original over year ago.

Forza Horizon 4
Series S
1080p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
One X
Quality: 2160p, 30fps
Performance: 1080p, 60fps​
HDR
atmosnvjhf.png

Series S
1440p, 60fps​
Series X
2160p, 60fps
One X
2160p, 30fps
1440p, 60fps​
HDR

Gears Tactics is 2160p30fps not 60fps on OneX.
Whoops! Fixed.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still cannot believe that Microsoft went from the release of the Xbox One X to the launch of the Series X and still have not even provided a basic enhanced patch for Minecraft. Also, the game is so sluggish in the menus and crafting screen. Content patches are incredible, but the game deserves better on the Xbox consoles.

bodine1231

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just played Lost Odyssey for a little bit and hot damn,the fights load so much faster now and barely any loading between sections. Hdr looks ok,bit to unnatural in some parts and the game is still not smooth. But the loading time improvement alone is worth it for that game.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I hope everyone had an fun day with their new Xbox! I just got finished playing Tetris Effect and it is definitely 120fps. I assume it is also 120fps on the Series S. Can anyone confirm/deny that?

So, I've updated the OP with Tetris Effect along with some Series X information for Observer System Redux.

Observer: System Redux
Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
HDR
Series S
1440p, 120fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
One X
1080p, 60fps w/drops​

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I hope everyone had an fun day with their new Xbox! I just got finished playing Tetris Effect and it is definitely 120fps. I assume it is also 120fps on the Series S. Can anyone confirm/deny that?

So, I've updated the OP with Tetris Effect along with some Series X information for Observer System Redux.

Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
HDR
Series S
1440p, 120fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
One X
1080p, 60fps w/drops​
Is observer actually 60FPS? Bloober games always have horrible performance

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

Series S
UNKNOWN​
Series X
2160p, 60fps​
HDR
Series S
1440p, 120fps​
Series X
2160p, 120fps​
One X
1080p, 60fps w/drops​

Is there no official info on Tetris, or some analysis? I was playing yesterday on X1X and it seemed higher than 1080p to me, but I though it may be my tv. But if it's 120fps on Series it has more probability of being higher res on 1X I suppose.

Not that it matters a lot, I'm rarely looking outside the play area once play speed is 5 or higher lol.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Is observer actually 60FPS? Bloober games always have horrible performance
I wish I could say for certain. I spent about 30 minutes yesterday trying to gather as much info as I could and of all the places, this review was the only one that offered any information.

Is there no official info on Tetris, or some analysis? I was playing yesterday on X1X and it seemed higher than 1080p to me, but I though it may be my tv. But if it's 120fps on Series it has more probability of being higher res on 1X I suppose.

Not that it matters a lot, I'm rarely looking outside the play area once play speed is 5 or higher lol.
Tetris Effect's website is where I got the information from.

gar3

Oct 25, 2017
New Cumberland, PA USA
I know people have been pretty excited for the below information so I'll post it quickly for the community [/s]

Xbox 360 Enhancement
Assassin's Creed Rogue

Series X
60fps unlocked frame rate

One X
Target 60fps unlocked frame rate (w/frequent drops)

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD
Series X
60fps unlocked frame rate

One X
Target 60fps unlocked frame rate (w/drops)

I haven't had a chance to test Black Flag (XB360) yet. I'm unsure whether that runs unlocked or whether there's a lock for backwards compatible ala Assassin's Creed III (unlocked on XB360, locked to 30fps on XB1X)

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Has anyone here tried Gears 5? I downloaded the 55 GB Series X patch but can't play anything, every mode tells me that they're still downloading even though nothing's in my queue?

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Can't get more official than that I guess! Thank you. Still surprises me how big of a difference there is with Series S! This case speaks well for the little console.
There doesn't seem to be as much Series S information out there as I'd like. I am sure that will change over time, but I am not one to be patient. 😋

Has anyone here tried Gears 5? I downloaded the 55 GB Series X patch but can't play anything, every mode tells me that they're still downloading even though nothing's in my queue?
That is odd. I hope you don't have to download the title again! That was a big patch!

Does Apex Legends have a next gen update as the game icon has an X|S on it
It does! Its entry is in the OP. EA was very coy on the title and I think they were merely talking about the game's dynamic resolution (I think it's within reason that the Series S be "1080p"). We should see some proper enhancements down the line, according to their "with more formal enhancements planned for next year" statement.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a list of Xbox One games that use the Heutchy method to double resolution when running on Series X?

As far as I'm aware the only one is Gear of War Ultimate.

Also for framerate doubling on 30fps locked games, I'm only aware of Fallout 4.

Obviously plenty of games are generally running better or getting dedicated Series X|S versions. But I want to see old games that have no hope of a dedicated update get the same treatment as Gears Ultimate and Fallout 4.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a list of Xbox One games that use the Heutchy method to double resolution when running on Series X?

Obviously plenty of games are generally running better or getting dedicated Series X|S versions. But I want to see old games that have no hope of a dedicated update get the same treatment as Gears Ultimate and Fallout 4.
Are these even live yet? I tried out Fallout 4 and it definitely wasn't 60fps. Haven't tried Gears.

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has already been answered but have this gens Resident Evil games (7, 2R, 3R) seen XSX improvements such as more consistent FPS?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Are these even live yet? I tried out Fallout 4 and it definitely wasn't 60fps. Haven't tried Gears.
No they aren't live yet because they're still working on them.

Byron Hinson

Nov 14, 2017
UK
Yes to have it run 120 you have to set that in the system. Anything other than that will do the 6k downscale at 60fps

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the Series X upgrade patch is broken. It was showing as 55 GB fully installed. Redownloading and it's downloading 72 GB.

I did manage to play the tutorial and it was clearly busted. Buggy textures, the floor was missing in one part.

Unfortunately, I think you'd be better off deleting the title and downloading it from zero.

Sorry if this has already been answered but have this gens Resident Evil games (7, 2R, 3R) seen XSX improvements such as more consistent FPS?
Without actually testing these titles individually, the short answer is "yes." The Series X leverages its full horsepower with any backwards-compatible titleX box One title (including X Enhanced).

No. It also isn't 4K by default, much lower and fluctuates between 60 and lower. Also very very dark compared to the PC version

4K version looks amazing, but performance when it's on is well below 30fps sadly. I'd say 20 or less
You had answered me in another thread, thanks. However, would you mind sharing the exact verbiage Observer uses in the options to turn 4K on or off? I'll update the System Redux entry with all the information you've shared. Thanks!

Yes to have it run 120 you have to set that in the system. Anything other than that will do the 6k downscale at 60fps
This is going in the next batch of OP updates. Of all the games I could have played first on my Series X, The Touryst somehow managed to be the one I picked. It's been on my list for a while and 2160p, 120fps won the day. And I'm having a lot of fun with it!