• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cant wait till they fix the audio level issues with apps and hdmi in and plex banner problems, two things completely broke that I use my Xbox most for besides gaming. Both reported workarounds for these issues dont work for me.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
My only complaint on the new search functionality is that it excludes Movies & TV content from the store for some reason.

OP
OP
bsigg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
In today's update, everything is broken.

HOW TO GET IT:

• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.

• If your console hasn't downloaded and installed the update by 3:00 AM PDT 3/13/2018 (10:00AM GMT 3/13), you will be prompted to do so at that time.

• This update has a shorter than usual amount of time before it becomes mandatory.

DETAILS:

OS version released: rs4_release_xbox_dev.180308-1900

Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/12 (1:00AM GMT 3/13)

FIXES:

• Audio Issues – Dolby Atmos

• We have resolved an issue with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs and the setting for Atmos will no longer revert to PCM.
• Plex App

In the Plex App we have mitigated the issue in which some users are experiencing buffering.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Settings

When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.

• Pi-hole

Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.

Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.

• Audio Issues

• We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
  • We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
· Some users have reported that HDMI in volume is lower for TV Input and some media apps. We are actively investigating. Workaround : Sit closer to the TV or Start Background Music and goto the Audio Settings and set the volume slider to 50% rather than 0% and the volume issue is fixed.

• Now TV

In the Now TV app some UI elements are disappearing during playback.

• Netflix

(1) The Netflix team are updating the app as it is crashing for some users. Workaround - Please check for an update for the Netflix app.

(2) Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.

• System

We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the console shutdown after you turn it on. Workaround – Simply turn the console back on.

• Vudu

We are investigating why some users are unable to play 4k content in the Vudu app.

• HDMI In Volume

Some users have reported that HDMI in volume is lower for TV Input and some media apps. We are actively investigating. Workaround : Sit closer to the TV or turn up the volume.

• Virtual Keyboard

The virtual keyboard disappears randomly when inputting text.

• HDR Issues

Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.

• Game Install Progress

We are aware of an issue in which the Game Progress status shows over 300%. Please note that this is a different scenario to the fix in this build referenced above in fixes.

• Spotify Search

Some users are discovering that the search function in Spotify is not working. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.

• Store app

Some users are experiencing a problem in which the Store App is failing to update. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.

• Settings

We are aware that the Schedule details is missing after you re-select your schedule from Dark or Light in Theme.

• Settings – Accessory App

Some users may experience a problem not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.

• Casting from the Xbox – Apps such as YouTube

Automatic discovery over WiFi is currently not working correctly. The YouTube app relies on this to make pairing seamless (Link with Wi-Fi). There is a known issue with uPnP and state separation that is being investigated. In the meantime, please use the second pairing method in the YouTube app. Launch the YouTube app then go to Setting à Link TV and Phone à Link with TV Code. Follow the directions on screen.

Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint on the new search functionality is that it excludes Movies & TV content from the store for some reason.

I loved the way you could search for a movie/tv show on the xbox and it would show you if it was on netflix/hulu and even the next time it was showing on TV if you had it hooked up to your cable/satellite box.

That was one of those "This is the future" moments.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the way you could search for a movie/tv show on the xbox and it would show you if it was on netflix/hulu and even the next time it was showing on TV if you had it hooked up to your cable/satellite box.

That was one of those "This is the future" moments.
Yes! That was a great feature that unfortunately didn't make the transition when the dash was redone for the Win 10 version. FYI for anyone looking for something like that, justwatch.com is a good site that does that.

OP
OP
bsigg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, there's a timed survey question in the Insider Preview App asking about play testing. Seems like they're looking to ramp up Insider opportunities.

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina
Is it just me, or the last update makes the whole UI orders of magnitude faster? The store and switching tabs is much much faster.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I don't notice the tabs being faster, but the store seems a lot smoother. It might just be a placebo, but I didn't notice it hitching while scrolling through the game tiles anymore, and when it loads in new tile art, it doesn't freeze the store for 1-2 seconds like it used to.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/03/14/new-preview-alpha-1804-system-update-3-14-18/

Xbox said:
Starting at 6 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Update Alpha ring will begin receiving the latest Xbox One system update (1804.180311-1900). Read on to learn more about a new features, fixes and known issues in the latest system update.

New Features:

Video Settings

• In Display- Video Output-Video Modes we have enabled two new Video settings. Variable Refresh Rate (aka Freesync support) and ALLM (Auto-Low Latency Mode) are enabled.

Fixes:

Casting from the Xbox – Apps such as YouTube

• Automatic discovery over WiFi is resolved.
Settings
  • We have resolved an issue with Settings when selecting from Dark or Light in Theme. The setting now stays as selected.
  • When accessing the Language & location page in Settings you should no longer see a large time to display.
Store app
  • A new version of the Store is available to download which should resolve issues for some users not being able to launch the store.
Now TV
  • The Now TV app will no longer have UI elements are disappearing during playback.
Plex App

• We have made changes to ensure the Plex App no longer pauses/buffers.
Known Issues:
Pi-Hole
  • Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
  • Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
Audio Issues
  • We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
  • We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
  • Some users have reported that HDMI in volume is lower for TV Input and some media apps. We are actively investigating. Workaround : Sit closer to the TV or Start Background Music and goto the Audio Settings and set the volume slider to 50% rather than 0% and the volume issue is fixed.
  • We continue to identify issues with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs. If a sound cut out ever occurs you can change your audio format settings to something else and then back to reset it.
Netflix
  • The Netflix team are updating the app as it is crashing for some users. Workaround – Please check for an update for the Netflix app.
  • Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
System
  • We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the console shutdown after you turn it on. Workaround – Simply turn the console back on.
Vudu
  • We are investigating why some users are unable to play 4k content in the Vudu app.
Virtual Keyboard
  • The virtual keyboard disappears randomly when inputting text.Workaround – Plug in a wired or wireless keyboard
HDR Issues
  • Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation and please provide the make and model of your TV and the firmware version.
Game Install Progress
  • We are aware of an issue in which the Game Progress status shows over 300%. Please note that this is a different scenario to the fix in this build referenced above in fixes.
Spotify Search
  • Some users are discovering that the search function in Spotify is not working. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
Settings – Accessory App
  • Some users may experience a problem not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.
Controller sharing/ Co-pilot vibration issues

• Some users may experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/03...04-system-update-3-14-18/#XbvmLICdYebGD7Eq.99

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's funny to be without updates over Christmas and now we seem to get one every few days haha. Glad they fixed the NowTV issue. Was a pain in the ass.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

They look so diverse and rich. Loving it already.

lsRPnZM.jpg

They better get a lot of flack for this.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I figured the left ones looked a little "too good" so we're getting the less detailed version. Maybe Disney stepped in and said those pre-renderings looked too much like their characters.
Actually we've had the image of the downgrade for a long while now. It's not a simple matter of it being technically worse, it's a complete different art style. One that's much worse.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They better get a lot of flack for this.
The Gamescom avatar trailer was just CGI. I thought this was always known? I mean come on ... That's obvious by the looks of it.

Also, the right one is so heavily zoomed in - the comparison is flawed.

We had screenshots from the new avatars even before the CGI trailer got released.

Cmk29IWVUAYE2Ej.jpg

I think the avatars in the picture from Jez look really, really great and diverse. They have so much more personality than the ones we have currently.

But let's just wait for the final result.

Last edited:

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The Gamescom avatar trailer was just CGI. I thought this was always known? I mean come on ... That's obvious by the looks of it.

Also, the right one is so heavily zoomed in - the comparison is flawed.

I think the avatars in the picture look really, really great. But let's just wait for the final result.

It was presented as if those were the avatars in the video. There is no disclaimers and it's pretty clear they are using the video to showcase them. In the thread about the Avatar Verge article there were a lot of people very displeased by the looks of the leaked avatars. They do not look good at all IMO and wouldn't want that on my console. I wouldn't be surprised if they've delayed them so heavily to get them closer to the trailer.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

It was presented as if those were the avatars in the video. There is no disclaimers and it's pretty clear they are using the video to showcase them. In the thread about the Avatar Verge article there were a lot of people very displeased by the looks of the leaked avatars. They do not look good at all IMO and wouldn't want that on my console. I wouldn't be surprised if they've delayed them so heavily to get them closer to the trailer.

In motion they look really close though.

Z5q5Xtl.gif

Again. You are comparing a CGI trailer to an 150x50 pixels picture enhanced picture to 5x of its size. Of course that looks strange.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
In motion they look really close though.

Z5q5Xtl.gif

Again. You are comparing a CGI trailer to an 150x50 pixels picture enhanced picture to 5 of its size. Of course that looks strange.
That avatar in that GIF is also CG same as that video, that's an old concept shown at a presentation. That is not the same design or quality as the ones you have been posting?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That avatar in that GIF is also CG same as that video, that's an old concept shown at a presentation. That is not the same design or quality as the ones you have been posting?
It's just different lighting. The models in Jez screens just seem to have no lighting shadows on their own shaders. But let's just wait for the final implementation. It's just laborious to discuss or complain about something that isn't even out yet.

I'm sure it will look good based on the things we have seen so far.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Have they even added self refunds that they teased over a year ago? I'm still waiting for my Steam refund style

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it's because I'm in the preview program that my Xbox will only show Doom XBLA or Doom 2016 in my games list, not both at the same time.

OP
OP
bsigg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
New update going out tonight.

HOW TO GET IT

• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.

• If you have been selected to receive the update and your console hasn't downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 3/20/2017, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170316-1901

Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/18 (1:00AM GMT 19/3)

FIXES:

• Game DVR

Fixed an issue which would cause two notifications to pop (instead of one) when uploading a Game DVR clip or screenshot.

• Localization

Miscellaneous fixes to localized text and content.

• Audio

• Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause audio to stop playing after plugging in a headset.

• Fixed an issue with Dolby Atmos for headphones that would cause audio to stop playing if headphones were plugged in or unplugged while using the Blu-Ray Player app.

• Resolved an issue with Dolby Atmos for headphones where apps would play no audio.

• Blu-Ray Player

Fixed an issue where the Blu-Ray Player app would incorrectly indicate an audio format is not supported, and fail to continue without closing and relaunching the app.

• Games & Apps

Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause newly installed apps to fail to launch, if launched while another app is in use.

• Beam (this should be Mixer, I guess Wombat still calls it by its original name)

Pressing X while the virtual keyboard is open should no longer quit the stream.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Game Clips

After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so).

Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.

• EA Access

The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.

• Settings - Ease of Access

When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.

Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).

• Settings - Display & sound

The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.

• Wireless Display

The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.