• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dotnetguy

Jul 12, 2020
I've been thinking about whether to enroll my Series X on insider or not (assuming you can). I've always had my One X on preview and I enjoy tinkering around with the new stuff from time to time but man the constant updates in the Alpha ring are brutal and get really old after a while. Every week was going to be a new update, sometimes two. Was thinking I would just leave the One X on insider for testing and leaving my Series X as public firmware for now.
Yeah I started to get absolutely sick of updating my One S practically every few days. I've enrolled my Series X in Omega which doesn't change quite as often (I think!?)

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Enrolled a few days back. Had 3 updates already. A least they are small and the system is super fast to get back to running.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
On my Series X, looks like last update on the 19th still.

news.xbox.com

The new Xbox Insider and Report a problem apps launch today! - Xbox Wire

Following months of arduous work, we’re excited to announce that the new Xbox Insider and Report a problem apps are available to the general public, starting today! Over a quarter million Xbox Insiders have joined us in previewing both apps over the last many months, helping to identify and fix...

news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2102.201130-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.

We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you're aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2102\19041.5947.201130-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – December 1, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – December 2, 2020
Fixes Implemented
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:

System

• Stability and performance fixes.
  • Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
    • Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.
Known Issues
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.

We're still tracking these known issues:
Audio

• We are receiving reports of users stating the console has no audio or low audio levels with recent updates.
    • Note: If you are seeing this behavior, please submit feedback immediately when you notice the behavior. Also, please ensure you don't have any audio settings that could be affecting your volume like the chat mixer.
Guide

• We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
My Games & Apps

• Some users are reporting seeing the Mixer app in their collection and being unable to remove/uninstall it. The issue is being investigated.
  • Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a "trial" tag.
Profile Color

• Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

ZeeAyKay

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the elevated black levels for HDR blu rays has been fixed? Hoping to have it fixed by Friday when I'm planning to watch the new LOTR discs!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Just had an update.
The queue now says if you have a game running, it may effect your download speed.
Oh. That's good, I guess.

Also yeah, I've gotten as high as 1.07 Gbps download speeds, but generally 3-450 Mbps but if I launch a game and check on my downloads it'll be like 25Mbps if that, lol.

I was interested in seeing the HDR tags I read about in the new update but couldn't find what they were talking about. Just noticed them today. An "Auto HDR" box shows up in the upper right when you press the guide button with a (compatible) game running.
(sorry if all you high-speed individuals already knew that)

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Is the HDR calibration fixed? In the last update, I am not in preview btw...but it broke the HDR calibration. Whenever i power up my system I have to reset the calibraiton...prior to the last public update it did not do this.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2102.201203-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring.

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.

We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you're aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2102\19041.5961.201203-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – December 4, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – December 5, 2020
Fixes Implemented
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:

Blu-ray

• Users should no longer encounter a black screen when inserting a DVD or Blu-ray disc into the console.
Games/Apps

• Various fixes to address Series X|S titles not working correctly after updating.
    • Fixed an issue when updating Smart Delivery titles installed on external HDDs (such as Gears 5) on Xbox One consoles causing the game not to recognize content as being installed and even some titles encountering graphical issues.
    • Users should no longer see an error (0x800708ca) when launching certain titles on Xbox Series X|S after upgrading the content.
  • Fixes to improve console stability/consoles shutting down when users are seeing titles crashing.
  • Users should no longer get a black screen when launching 360 titles on Series X|S consoles.
Game DVR

• Various Game DVR quality fixes for Series X|S consoles:
    • Fixed an issue where HDR captures were appearing too dark when captured on Xbox Series X|S consoles.
    • Uploading 4K videos to Xbox Live and Twitter from an Xbox Series X|S should no longer encounter a blank screen.
Networking

• Fixes to address users experiencing random network disconnections while using their Series X|S consoles.
    • Note: Users with a Fritz!Box 7430 router should test this behavior and if you still encounter an issue please submit feedback.
System

• Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.
Known Issues
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.

Audio

• We are receiving reports of users stating the console has no audio or low audio levels with recent updates.
    • Note: If you are seeing this behavior, please submit feedback immediately when you notice the behavior. Also, please ensure you don't have any audio settings that could be affecting your volume like the chat mixer.
Guide

• We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
My Games & Apps

• Some users are reporting seeing the Mixer app in their collection and being unable to remove/uninstall it. The issue is being investigated.
Profile Color

• Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
The elevated black levels don't affect the One X according to that Vincent video, but it looks like his One X wasn't updated. Are black levels fucked on that too or just Series X? Anyone double confirmed?

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2102.201205-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring...

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2102\19041.5971.201205-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – December 7, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – December 8, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Controllers

• Fixed an issue where controllers would not sync with the console when powered on from standby.
  • Users using a 3rd party headset should see quality improvements with audio and disconnects when connected to a controller.
Groups

• Fixed an issue where some users would not see their Groups on the dashboard.
Settings

• Fixed an issue where text boxes would not display correctly.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Just got an update as I shut down.
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2102.201207-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2102\19041.5979.201207-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – December 9, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – December 10, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Games/Apps

• Fixed an issue where Quick Resume was not working correctly for titles.

Networking

• Users should no longer encounter an issue with not be connected to their network when the console is rebooted or powered on from standby.

Twitch

• Fixed an issue where a broadcast would fail to start or fails to show up on the Twitch website.

System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Open up the Xbox Beta app on Android.
Search for Cyberpunk 2077.
Click Download to Console.
My disc arrives later today, but the game is already installed. Best feature ever.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Open up the Xbox Beta app on Android.
Search for Cyberpunk 2077.
Click Download to Console.
My disc arrives later today, but the game is already installed. Best feature ever.
Oooh! Thanks for the tip.

Waiting for my disc too, but it's great I can have it installing now and have it ready when it gets here.

3Tubv3P.jpg

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Can any insiders let me know if they have fixed the HDR Calibration app? Ever since the last update, every time I boot up my system I have to reset the HDR settings because they revert back to default.

Thanks!

Snake Versus

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have a Series X and run into issues where, in "Instant-On" mode, the system turns itself back on and desyncs the controller?

has happened to me since launch, and I'm wondering if it's a system OS, controller firmware, or some random hardware issue.

JeffG

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Anyone have a Series X and run into issues where, in "Instant-On" mode, the system turns itself back on and desyncs the controller?

has happened to me since launch, and I'm wondering if it's a system OS, controller firmware, or some random hardware issue.
I would hazard a guess it has something to do with the new low latency controllers (but on the OS side maybe firmware or maybe both) It was happening to me as well. Plus, there is a known bug with the interference with wireless headsets. I've gone back to my Xbox One controller and the Series X has behaved better ever since.

Captainslow

Dec 3, 2020

Do you happen to have Artcis 9X headphones? If so, updating the firmware of the headphones should fix that issue.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, looks like a system issue as the controller refuses to sync to it until it is manually restarted but is happy to connect to a PC in the meantime.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

this happened to me until i updated the firmware on ly arctis 9x headset

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope there's some features related to a Quick Resume UI, even if it's not enabled at first, or so it could mean no QR UI until after August builds.

I like testing new features :)

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Haha.

It's common on the Windows side to be a cycle (6 months generally) ahead of normal on the Dev channel, I see they've took this approach on the Xbox side too now.

Can't wait to see what this entails.
Yeah, all this means for now is they want some users on the next version of Core OS, doesn't mean they will enable user facing features that aren't due to release until August or later anytime soon.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, all this means for now is they want some users on the next version of Core OS, doesn't mean they will enable user facing features that aren't due to release until August or later anytime soon.
Yep, the OneCore initiative is not for user facing side anyway. The stuff we see if built off the Core. New Core means the ability to do new stuff, doesn't mean that stuff is there until it's ready though!

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210105-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6125.210105-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – January 6, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – December 10, 2021
Fixes Implemented

Home

• Fixed an issue where the 24-hour clock would not be displayed correctly.

System

Known Issues

Controllers

• We're aware some users using an Xbox Series X|S controller are seeing it lose sync with the console.
    • Note: If you see this behavior, try reconnecting the controller to the console via USB/Wireless or if possible connect another controller and submit feedback. Then reboot the console and try re-syncing the controller.

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210108-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6140.210108-0000
  • Available: 6 p.m. PT – January 8, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 9, 2021
New Features and Experiences

We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.

Guide

• Users will notice a new option to "View on Mobile" to complete certain actions in the Guide. When selected, a notification will be sent to the users' phone (if they have the Xbox App installed) to complete the action.
Fixes Implemented

Audio

• Fixes to address users having no audio (such as Dolby Atmos) when booting up the console.

System

Known Issues

Controllers

• We're aware some users using an Xbox Series X|S controller are seeing it lose sync with the console.
    • Note: If you see this behavior, try reconnecting the controller to the console via USB/Wireless or if possible connect another controller and submit feedback. Then reboot the console and try re-syncing the controller.

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210109-0000) - Xbox Wire

Xbox Insider Release Notes
System Update Details:

OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6145.210109-0000
Available: 2 p.m. PT – January 11, 2021
Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 12, 2021

Fixes Implemented

System

Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.

Known Issues

Controllers

We're aware some users using an Xbox Series X|S controller are seeing it lose sync with the console.
Note: If you see this behavior, try reconnecting the controller to the console via USB/Wireless or if possible connect another controller and submit feedback. Then reboot the console and try re-syncing the controller.

Guide

We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.

My Games & Apps

Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a "trial" tag.

Profile Color

Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210111-2000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6158.210111-2000
  • Available: 12 p.m. PT – January 13, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 14, 2021
Fixes Implemented

Report a Problem

• Fixed an issue where users would be unable to submit feedback from the console.

System

Known Issues

Controllers

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210115-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6179.210115-0000
  • Available: 12 p.m. PT – January 16, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 17, 2021
Fixes Implemented

Audio

• Various fixes to address users not having audio when console is powered on.

My Games & Apps

• Users should now see correct installation status/progress when viewing a tile in their Full Library.

Notifications

• Fixed an issue where users would not receive a notification when a Game DVR ciip is captured.

• Fixed an issue where Tenure would not display while in High Contrast mode.
  • Users should no longer see a Gamertag displayed across two lines when comparing Achievements.

System

Known Issues

Controllers

Guide

My Games & Apps

Settings

• We've discovered an issue where users are unable to switch between themes. We're aware and investigating and advise users to not change their theme until a fix has been released.

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210120-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6203.210120-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – January 21, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 22, 2021
Fixes Implemented

Settings

• Users should have no longer encounter a problem switching between themes.

System

Known Issues

Controllers

Guide

Home

• Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Update available.

I'll grab it later. But I am in the weirdest loop. Console says offline, but I can see friend and use apps. But games and reporting tool says I can't use unless connected.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210122-2040) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6223.210122-2040
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – January 25, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 26, 2021
Fixes Implemented

Games/Apps

• Fixed an issue where games/apps would not launch and instructed users that the title needed to be installed.

Game DVR

• Fixed an issue where users could upload captures without being prompted about privacy settings being enabled.

Guide

• Fixed an issue where the Auto HDR notification would appear in the Guide after a compatible title was closed.

Installation

• Fixed an issue where consoles would not install content while in standby.
  • Users should no longer be prompted to install an update that has already been installed.

System

Known Issues

Controllers

Guide

Home

• Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210128-0000) - Xbox Wire

Xbox Insider Release Notes
System Update Details:
OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6250.210128-0000
Available: 12 p.m. PT – January 29, 2021
Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 30, 2021
Fixes Implemented

My Games & Apps

Users should no longer incorrectly see the incompatible tag on titles that are compatible on the console.
System

Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.
Known Issues

Controllers

We're aware some users using an Xbox Series X|S controller are seeing it lose sync with the console.
Note: If you see this behavior, try reconnecting the controller to the console via USB/Wireless or if possible connect another controller and submit feedback. Then reboot the console and try re-syncing the controller.
Guide

We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
Home

Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps

Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a "trial" tag.
Profile Color

Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2102.210201-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2102VB\19041.6272.210201-0000
  • Available: 6 p.m. PT – February 1, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – February 2, 2021
Fixes Implemented

Settings

• Fixed an issue where users could not enable the "Show Banners" option in Notification settings.

System Update

• Fixed an issue where some users would get errors and repeated prompts to install an update.

System

Known Issues

Controllers

Guide

Home

My Games & Apps

Profile Color