• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 1, 2017
Is Microsoft seriously going to keep their dashboard the same on their new consoles? It's very much looking that way. So disappointed in that. A new gen should bring an entirely new experience

I've never understood this argument. Give me something that is functional that works instead of flashy and new. When the Xbox One came out its UI was an all new experience. And it was a mess and lacked basic functions like custom music playback that were at the launch of the Xbox 360. After many years and many iterations we're now at the point where we have a polished, beautifully functioning UI with pretty much everything you should need in a console interface compared to say the Switch and you wanna throw it all away for something new? No thanks.

It's getting a slightly new look (which i have just been updated to and it looks great) and a vastly improved store, and it will continue to be refined and iterated upon thanks to customer feedback for the whole of the life of the new generation of consoles. I don't get how that isn't enough for some people. Also none of this matters anyway when we're you know, actually playing games on the games console. I can't say for a single moment when i was just playing Resident Evil 7 when i was engrossed in creeping around corners in the dark that i wished that the at this point invisible OS in the background was somehow different.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200908-2000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you're aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5107.200908-2000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 10, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 11, 2020
New Features and Experiences

We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.

Home – Content Blocks

Two new content blocks have been added and will now be made default for most users. For those of you who already have these content blocks enabled, nothing will change.

• The Entertainment block will showcase the latest content in movies, TV, and music across popular entertainment apps.
    • If you want to see all Entertainment options currently available, you can launch the application by clicking the Entertainment button in the block.
      • Note: This block will only be available for users located in the US, UK, Germany, France, Canada and Australia
  • The "Events" content block will display the top four most recent events rotating through the block.
    • If you want to see all Events currently available, you can launch the Events application by clicking the Events button in the block.

If you don't see either block for some reason (and are in a supported region), simply scroll to "Add more" at the bottom of Home, click See All Suggestions then select the block you want and press A to add it.

Sign in

• To make it easier to choose an account when booting up your console, you will now be prompted with a full screen sign in experience before landing on Home. Customers with auto-sign in or using a linked controller will not see this screen.
Fixes Implemented

Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:

System

• Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
    • Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.
Known Issues

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.

We're still tracking these known issues:

Audio

• Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
    • Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.

Guide

• Some users have reported that the audio mixer cannot be used to adjust chat/game audio levels.
  • We've received reports of the Guide not launching or loading.
  • Users are reporting that the "Recent Captures" section isn't loading any content.
  • There are reports that the Guide is not working if the console is offline or no account is logged in

My Games & Apps

• Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
    • Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
  • Some titles in collection may appear with a "trial" tag incorrectly in collection.

New Store Experience

• Some titles may display a "Not currently available" message on the product page and will be unavailable to purchase
    • Note: Users can use the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows to complete purchases for these items.
  • Users will not be able to use the "gifting" option for both Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles at this time.
  • Users will not be able to use the "Build a bundle" functionality at this time
    • Workaround: Create the bundle via the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows.
  • Xbox Design Lab customization is not currently supported.
    • Workaround: Use the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows to purchase.

Profile Color

• Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200912-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you're aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5124.200912-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 14, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 15, 2020

We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.

Audio

DTS Sound Unbound is a new app which brings along with it a new Headset Format Audio setting called DTS Headphone:X and now DTS:X for home theater which is free for all HDMI devices that support it!

A few things to note:

• Ensure you remove any current version of DTS Sound Unbound app which is on your console before participating in this beta
  • By joining this flight you will obtain access to a new beta version of the DTS Sound Unbound app which supports DTS:X for home theater

How To Participate

1. Restart your console to ensure the Xbox Audio settings page UI updates
    1. Note: The setting will be available after 3 p.m. PST today.
  2. Launch the Xbox Insider Hub
  3. Navigate to Insider Content > DTS:X for Home Theater > Join
  4. Install the DTS Sound Unbound app by selecting "Show in store" from the flight (this version is a beta version of the one currently released in the store)
  5. Launch DTS Sound Unbound and accept the EULA and Privacy Policy
  6. Navigate to your Xbox Audio Settings page and under Bitstream format select "DTS:X for home theater (HDMI only)"
  7. Once setup, please participate in the DTS:X Home Theater quest so we can learn more about your experience.

FAQ

Q:
I cannot enable DTS:X for home theater through the DTS Sound Unbound app UI.

A: During this flight period, please enable DTS:X for home theater through the Xbox Audio settings page.

Q: It says I cannot enable the setting under Xbox Audio Settings.

A: Ensure that your HDMI device supports DTS:X and that you have downloaded a version of DTS Sound Unbound which is 2020.203.53.70 or greater (this should be downloadable through the Xbox Insider Hub).

Fixes Implemented

Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:

Guide

• The Guide should work normally if offline or no account is logged in.
  • Fixed an issue where "Recent Captures" would not load any content.

Home

• Fixed an issue where users in the UK could not add the Entertainment content block to their dashboard.

Parties

• Fixed an issue where users would see audio cut in/out of party chat.

Virtual Keyboard

• Fixed an issue where game would not be displayed in the background when using the keyboard for in-game chat.

System

• Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.
Known Issues

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.

New issues we're investigating:

Guide

• Some users are reporting not receiving Game or Party invites on the console.

Home

• We're aware of an issue where the dashboard doesn't appear to load content and shows a black, grey, or white screen instead.

Audio

• Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
    • Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.

Guide

• Some users have reported that the audio mixer cannot be used to adjust chat/game audio levels.
  • We've received reports of the Guide not launching or loading.

My Games & Apps

• Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
    • Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
  • Some titles in collection may appear with a "trial" tag incorrectly in collection.

New Store Experience

• Some titles may display a "Not currently available" message on the product page and will be unavailable to purchase
    • Note: Users can use the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows to complete purchases for these items.
  • Users will not be able to use the "gifting" option for both Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles at this time.

Profile Color

• Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are those games installed to an external hard drive? Could be that you have the setting for shutting external HDs off when in instant-on mode.
Even if this setting is enabled, the console wakes up the HDD to download games and updates on it.

It worked before, but since a few updates I have the same issue, the console won't download all game updates automatically, even if this setting is disabled and even games on the internal HDD won't get updated automatically.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Anyone know if the Dashboard should be in 4K? Was a bit closer on my tv today for switching out discs and noticed how blurry and unsharp it is. Looks like normal 1080p on my 4K. Now I'm confused what's normal here. People online say different things about it.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Anyone know if the Dashboard should be in 4K? Was a bit closer on my tv today for switching out discs and noticed how blurry and unsharp it is. Looks like normal 1080p on my 4K. Now I'm confused what's normal here. People online say different things about it.
The dashboard is 1080p, upscaled to 4k. It saves RAM to do this. The buffer for a 1080p screen is 25% of the size of a 4k buffer.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The dashboard is 1080p, upscaled to 4k. It saves RAM to do this. The buffer for a 1080p screen is 25% of the size of a 4k buffer.

Thank you!

Even if this setting is enabled, the console wakes up the HDD to download games and updates on it.

It worked before, but since a few updates I have the same issue, the console won't download all game updates automatically, even if this setting is disabled and even games on the internal HDD won't get updated automatically.

That doesn't work for me for over 6 months or so now, it's really annoying but it just doesn't work anymore despite having everything set correctly.
I always have to go in manually and then like 20 games pop up. Even if I play the whole day it doesn't figure out there are updates until I look manually for them.

And also the update tabs and even your games need really f'n long to load sometimes, like minutes before it shows anything.

I'll be honest I'm not looking forward to just get the same, still wonky, dashboard for next gen with everything that's included right now.
That can also lead to awful problems like several system apps not getting extra updates and staying on what they currently are, like the Blu Ray app. As example it's still not possible to play Dolby Vision from an UHD Blu Ray, same with Dolby Atmos from any Blu Ray disc, they never patched it, and when they just copy over everything to the series X it won't change at all and I'm scared about that.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't work for me for over 6 months or so now, it's really annoying but it just doesn't work anymore despite having everything set correctly.
I always have to go in manually and then like 20 games pop up.

And also the update tabs and even your games need really f'n long to load sometimes, like minutes before it shows anything.

I'll be honest I'm not looking forward to just get the same, still wonky, dashboard for next gen with everything that's included right now.
That can also lead to awful problems like several system apps not getting extra updates and staying on what they currently are, like the Blu Ray app. As example it's still not possible to play Dolby Vision from an UHD Blu Ray, same with Dolby Atmos from any Blu Ray disc, they never patched it, and when they just copy over everything to the series X it won't change at all and I'm scared about that.
I was just checking my console and only a few got updated over the last couple of days, but I still have 10 updates waiting for me to force them...

Maybe it does not update games I don't play that often ?
Nonetheless, I'm filling a bug feedback right now about that.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200917-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5150.200917-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 18, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 19, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Guide

• Users should no longer be disconnected from a party and have the Guide close when viewing Looking for Group posts.
  • Fixes to address an issue where users are not receiving Game or Party invites on the console.
  • We've fixed an issue to address users being unable to clear notifications or mark them as read.
System

Known Issues

Home

• Some users have reported that their content blocks or groups are not appearing on the dashboard after a reboot or update.
My Games & Apps

• The text for "Ready to Start" when installing a game may not display correctly.
Audio

Guide

• We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
  • There are reports from users that the Guide not launching or loading.
Home

• We're aware of an issue where the dashboard doesn't appear to load content and shows a black, grey, or white screen instead.
My Games & Apps

New Store Experience

Profile Color

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Is anybody else in the DTS:X Home Theater Preview? It popped up for me last night and I joined the preview. It is supposed to be a beta version of the DTS:X app that has free home theater support over HDMI in addition to the paid/trial headphone support just like the Atmos app, but the app it takes me to in the store doesn't seem to be a beta app and it only has Headphone support in it.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200923-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5186.200923-0000
  • Available: 7 p.m. PT – September 23, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 24, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Guide

• Additional fixes to address seeing unreadable text in the Guide with Light Theme enabled.
Home

• Fixed an issue where the dashboard wouldn't load or show a grey or black screen.
  • Users should no longer notice their content blocks or groups missing from the dashboard on reboot/update.

• Users should now correctly see the "Change Background" option in the customize menu.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

• We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200924-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5192.200924-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 25, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 26, 2020

Guide

• We're testing out some changes to the badging at the top of Guide. Make sure and submit feedback if you encounter anything unexpected.
Fixes Implemented

My Games & Apps

• Fixed an issue where the My Games & Apps icon on the dashboard would stop displaying content.
  • Users should now be able to delete the Mixer app if it is still appearing in their collection.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

• We're testing out some changes to the badging at the top of Guide. Make sure and submit feedback if you encounter anything unexpected.
My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200926-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5204.200926-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 28, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 29, 2020
Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

• The text for "Ready to Start" when installing a game may not display correctly.
Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200929-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5219.200929-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 30, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 1, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Guide

• Fixed an issue where the Audio button on the bottom of the Guide was not working.

Home

• Users should no longer see unexpected behavior with the disc tile on the dashboard when installing titles.

Party Chat

• Fixes implemented to address users not being able to hear each other in parties.

System

Known Issues

System

• Users are reporting that disc-based games are automatically launching after console boot/update. We are aware and investigating.

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.201002-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5238.201002-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 5, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 6, 2020
Fixes Implemented

• Fixed an issue with text not displaying correctly when comparing achievements.

Settings

• The time zone information should now display correctly in the menu.

System

Known Issues

System

• Users are reporting that disc-based games are automatically launching after console boot/update. We are aware and investigating.

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

• Some users are reporting seeing the Mixer app in their collection and being unable to remove/uninstall it. The issue is being investigated.

Parties

• Some users have reported being unable to create or join parties.

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.201006-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5258.201006-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 7, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 8, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Groups

• Fixed an issue where groups would not be displayed in the Guide.
System

• Fixed an issue where the system update progress would not be displayed.
Known Issues

System

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

• Some users are reporting seeing the Mixer app in their collection and being unable to remove/uninstall it. The issue is being investigated.
Parties

System

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.201008-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5268.201008-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 9, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 10, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Accessories App

• Fixed an issue where users could not navigate the app.
System

Known Issues

Audio

• We are receiving reports of users stating the console has no audio or low audio levels with recent updates.
    • Note: If you are seeing this behavior, please submit feedback immediately when you notice the behavior. Also, please ensure you don't have any audio settings that could be affecting your volume like the chat mixer.
Guide

My Games & Apps

Parties

System

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.201010-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5278.201010-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 12, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 13, 2020

Family

• Users will be presented with more information about the Xbox Family Settings app when getting an "Add Friend" request from a child account.
Fixes Implemented

Party Chat

• Party chat audio should now correctly be included when broadcasting gameplay.

System

• Fixed an issue where the console would take several minutes to go into standby while in a party.
Known Issues

Audio

• We are receiving reports of users stating the console has no audio or low audio levels with recent updates.
    • Note: If you are seeing this behavior, please submit feedback immediately when you notice the behavior. Also, please ensure you don't have any audio settings that could be affecting your volume like the chat mixer.

Guide

My Games & Apps

Parties

System

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201013-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5291.201013-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 14, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 15, 2020
Fixes Implemented

System

• Fixed an issue where disc-based titles would launch on console boot without user input.
Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Parties

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201015-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5304.201015-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 16, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 17, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Guide

• Fixed an issue where the selection box would disappear when searching for a user in the Find Someone menu.
My Games & Apps

• Fixed an issue where unavailable DLC content would appear as available to install in the Manage Game menu.
System

Known Issues

Settings

• The detailed network statistics page is not loading for some users.
Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Parties

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201016-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5310.201016-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 19, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 20, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Parties

• Various fixes to address issues creating and joining parties.
Settings

• Fixed an issue where the network statistics page would not load for users.
System

Known Issues

Looking for Group

• Some users have reported being unable to use the Looking for Group (LFG) function.
Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201020-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5331.201020-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 21, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 22, 2020
Fixes Implemented

System

• System and stability fixes.
Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201022-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5343.201022-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 23, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 24, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Guide

• Fixed an issue where the number badges in the Guide were not displaying correctly.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201023-2000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5356.201023-2000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 26, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 27, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Store

• Fixed an issue with making in-game purchases in the Store.

System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201027-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5375.201027-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 28, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 29, 2020
Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

HDR Calibration App

• Users are reporting that this app is not launching with latest update.
Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201031-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5399.201031-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – November 2, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 3, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Guide

• Fixed an issue where an unknown app would appear in the Most Recent section of the Guide.
HDR Calibration App

• Fixed an issue where the app would not launch for some users.
Parties

• When starting or joining a new party the chat messages should now be cleared from prior parties.
Settings

• Users should now be able to enable the "Remote Features" feature in Settings.
System

Known Issues

Home

• Users are reporting they are unable to access certain ad links on the dashboard.
Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201104-0329) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5424.201104-0329
  • Available: 6 p.m. PT – November 4, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 5, 2020
We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.

Family

• Family admins can now automatically add the profiles of their family members to their console! This option will occur when the family admin is adding their own account to the Xbox for the first time. Only family members who have previously set up accounts on an Xbox will be available to add automatically.
Fixes Implemented

Blu-ray

• Users should no longer get an error when attempting to play movies through the app.
Guide

• Users should no longer be seeing duplicate tiles in the Guide.
Settings

• Fixed an issue where attempting to setup a Media Remote causes the Settings app to become unresponsive.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

Home

• Users are reporting they are unable to access certain ad links on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201105-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5430.201105-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – November 6, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 7, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Home

• Featured ad links on the dashboard should be working normally.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201108-0000) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5445.201108-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – November 9, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 10, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Game DVR

• Fixed an issue where attempting to trim a game clip would not complete.

Guide

• Fixed an issue where game clip audio would continue playing after exiting when watching a clip.

System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201110-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One. We continue to post these release...

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5454.201110-0000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – November 11, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 12, 2020
Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2011.201113-1945) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5475.201113-1945
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – November 14, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 15, 2020
Fixes Implemented

My Games & Apps

• Fixes to game installations failing preventing the launch of some titles.

System

• Fixes to address consoles powering off unexpectedly while in use.
Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

• Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a "trial" tag.

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead, Alpha and Beta (2011.201115-2330) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead Alpha and Beta ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead Alpha and Beta ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5476.201115-2330
  • Available: 12 p.m. PT – November 17, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 18, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Blu-ray Player

• Users trying to play a DVD should no longer see a black screen when trying to watch the movie.
Home

• The Idle Screen should now display in the correct language on the console.
System

• Additional fixes to address consoles powering off unexpectedly while in use.
Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead, Alpha and Beta (2011.201117-2300) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead, Alpha and Beta ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead, Alpha and Beta ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

System Update Details:
  • OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5481.201117-2300
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – November 18, 2020
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – November 19, 2020
Fixes Implemented

Audio

• Fixes to address crackling console audio when using a headset with the new Xbox Series X|S controller.
My Games & Apps

• Fixes to address some titles failing to launch after a game update.
  • Users should see games correctly appearing in sections when sorting by console type.
Twitch Broadcasting

• Fixed an issue where Party Chat audio not be included when broadcasting.
  • Party chat should correctly be shown as included or not when broadcasting.
System

• Additional fixes to address consoles powering off unexpectedly while in use.
Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

Profile Color

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I've been thinking about whether to enroll my Series X on insider or not (assuming you can). I've always had my One X on preview and I enjoy tinkering around with the new stuff from time to time but man the constant updates in the Alpha ring are brutal and get really old after a while. Every week was going to be a new update, sometimes two. Was thinking I would just leave the One X on insider for testing and leaving my Series X as public firmware for now.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about whether to enroll my Series X on insider or not (assuming you can). I've always had my One X on preview and I enjoy tinkering around with the new stuff from time to time but man the constant updates in the Alpha ring are brutal and get really old after a while. Every week was going to be a new update, sometimes two. Was thinking I would just leave the One X on insider for testing and leaving my Series X as public firmware for now.
You can and that's what I do, enrolled my Series X on day one on Alpha Skip Ahead.
You can pick any ring you are allowed to join on any of your consoles.

Had an issue yesterday with Halo MCC turning off the console but it was fixed on yesterday's update.

They also fix some issues like games not able to run after an update unless you restart, or the throttling download speed when playing a game (seems like it they changed that behavior).

There's updates every day or every two days on Alpha Skip Ahead, but the console updates so fast now :)
Take a look here if you want to see how often they update each ring : https://twitter.com/xboxinsider