• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly this! Goddamn it's Scary. My mind goes right to " damn, it's borked, how will I get a new one?"

Yes! Not the kind of stress I needed yesterday... I am happy that in the end it was a pretty painless fix. I did a fair amount of searching before, oddly, finding the official MS page that troubleshoots the E203 error. I was just really happy I didn't even need to do the USB update or even worse a total wipe/reset.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210727-2200) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.

We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you're aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!

Xbox Insider Release Notes

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2119.210727-2200
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – July 29, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – July 30, 2021

Fixes Implemented

Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:

Game DVR

• Fixed an issue where users could not take screenshots of record game clips.
System

• Fixes to address various issues preventing users from installing a system update.
  • Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
    • Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.

Known Issues

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.

We're still tracking these known issues:

Audio

• Some users have reported that they are not hearing any audio with Dolby Atmos enabled.
  • We are receiving reports that users are getting distorted/crackling audio while playing games. We are aware and investigating.
Dolby Vision for Gaming

• Some TVs do not support Dolby Vision at 120 Hz currently and will fall back to either 60 Hz or HDR. We are working closely with TV manufactures to update firmware support for Dolby Vision capabilities. Go to Settings>General>TV & Display Options>4K TV details and look for "Your TV setup supports Dolby Vision".
  • Users may notice that some titles such as Mass Effect: Legendary Edition might stop supporting Dolby Vision for Gaming after the initial release. This is expected while the feature is in Preview.
  • Some users have reported Dolby Vision for gaming not performing as expected.
    • Note: If you encounter an issue, please make sure to check the following:
      • Ensure the TV has the latest firmware
      • Use the Xbox-provided HDMI cable that was included with the console
      • Connect the TV directly to the Xbox and try to see if the problem still persists (i.e. remove any AVRs, Soundbars, HDMI boxes, etc.)
Edge (New)

• Pins related to the new Edge browser will not work if you decide to remove your console from the Xbox Update Preview.
    • Workaround: Pins should be deleted and re-added.
Games

• We've received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
    • Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
Guide

• We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
HDMI-CEC

• We've received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
    • Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
Home

• Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
  • We've received reports some users are seeing a black/blank screen after installing an update. We're aware and investigating.
    • Workaround: Some users have reported a simple reboot resolves the issue. If that doesn't work, a factory reset should get the console back up and running again. Instructions can be found here under "Reset using your console" and selecting the "Reset and keep my games & apps" option.
My Games & Apps

• Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a "trial" tag.
Narrator

• There are several sections of the dashboard that the Narrator does not currently read. We are aware of the issue and investigating.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210730-2200) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring...

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It's important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.

We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you're aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.1737.210730-2200
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 2, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 3, 2021

Fixes Implemented

Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:

Audio

• Fixed and issue where users were getting distorted/crackling audio while playing games.
Game DVR

• Fixed an issue where game captures would stop immediately when started.
Games

• Fixes to address server connection issues with various titles (e.g. PUBG, Sea of Thieves).
System

• Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.

Known Issues

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren't being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.

Apps

• Some users have reported some apps failing to launch with error code 0x87e50001.
    • Workaround: Try re-launching the app again.
Audio

• Some users have reported that they are not hearing any audio with Dolby Atmos enabled.
Dolby Vision for Gaming

• Some TVs do not support Dolby Vision at 120 Hz currently and will fall back to either 60 Hz or HDR. We are working closely with TV manufactures to update firmware support for Dolby Vision capabilities. Go to Settings>General>TV & Display Options>4K TV details and look for "Your TV setup supports Dolby Vision".
  • Users may notice that some titles such as Mass Effect: Legendary Edition might stop supporting Dolby Vision for Gaming after the initial release. This is expected while the feature is in Preview.
      • Connect the TV directly to the Xbox and try to see if the problem still persists (i.e. remove any AVRs, Soundbars, HDMI boxes, etc.)
Edge (New)

• Pins related to the new Edge browser will not work if you decide to remove your console from the Xbox Update Preview.
Games

• We've received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
Guide

• We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
  • Some users have reported that trying to launch the Guide via controller brings up the power menu instead.
HDMI-CEC

• Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
Home

• Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
  • We've received reports some users are seeing a black/blank screen after installing an update. We're aware and investigating.
    • Workaround: Some users have reported a simple reboot resolves the issue. If that doesn't work, a factory reset should get the console back up and running again. Instructions can be found here under "Reset using your console" and selecting the "Reset and keep my games & apps" option.
Installation

• Some users have reported apps and games cannot be re-installed after failing to launch repeatedly.
    • Workaround: A factory reset will need to be performed. Instructions can be found here under "Reset using your console" and selecting the "Reset and keep my games & apps" option.
My Games & Apps

Narrator

• There are several sections of the dashboard that the Narrator does not currently read. We are aware of the issue and investigating.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I appreciate the work the team does, but I start wondering when the next big features are coming, because unless I forgot something, it's been a while.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210802-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2134.210802-2200
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 4, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 5, 2021

Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

Apps

• Some users have reported some apps failing to launch with error code 0x87e50001.
    • Workaround: Try re-launching the app again. If you see this error when launching the app after a game, make sure to try closing the game before launching the app again.
Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

Edge (New)

Games

Guide

• Some users have reported that trying to launch the Guide via controller brings up the power menu instead.
HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

• Some users have reported apps and games cannot be re-installed after failing to launch repeatedly.
    • Workaround: A factory reset will need to be performed. Instructions can be found here under "Reset using your console" and selecting the "Reset and keep my games & apps" option.
My Games & Apps

Narrator

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210804-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2139.210804-2200
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 6, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 7, 2021

New Features and Experiences

We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.

Settings – Night Mode

• Night Mode has now been added as a new feature in Settings! Users can now dim and filter their screen, as well as dim their console & controller LED brightness. Please note that localization is still pending, so the feature is currently only available in English.

Fixes Implemented

Apps

• Fixes to address some apps failing to launch with error code 0x87e50001.
Xbox Cloud Gaming

• Fixed an issue where some users could not launch a game.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

Edge (New)

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

• We've received reports some users are seeing a black/blank screen after installing an update.
    • Workaround: Some users have reported a simple reboot resolves the issue. If that doesn't work, a factory reset should get the console back up and running again. Instructions can be found here under "Reset using your console" and selecting the "Reset and keep my games & apps" option. If you do end up performing a factory reset please submit feedback after completing this step via Report-a-problem.
Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Has there been a fix mentioned for Xbox Cloud Gaming before? I assume this means a fix for xCloud because it uses the Xbox hardware and OS, not that Cloud Gaming is coming to the consoles soon (rather, soon enough ;( )

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210806-2324) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2145.210806-2324
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 9, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 10, 2021

We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.

Remote play on Xbox App on PC

• Use Xbox remote play in the newest version of the Xbox App on PC- available to Insiders today!
  • Customers with any Xbox One generation, Series S, or Series X console can now remote play on PC using updated Xbox App
  • Remote play on PC at 1080p quality, even outside your home network, and play your favorite backward compatible games!

Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

• We've received reports from users that Dolby Vision for Gaming is not working at this time. We're aware of the issue and working on an update to resolve this. Keep an eye out on the release notes for updates.
Edge (New)

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

• We've received reports some users are seeing a black/blank screen after installing an update.
    • Workaround: Some users have reported a simple reboot resolves the issue. If that doesn't work, a factory reset should get the console back up and running again. Instructions can be found here under "Reset using your console" and selecting the "Reset and keep my games & apps" option. If you do end up performing a factory reset please submit feedback after completing this step via Report-a-problem.
Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

Night Mode

• Some users have reported certain apps are unresponsive with Night Mode enabled. We are aware and investigating.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210810-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2158.210810-2200
  • Available: 4 p.m. PT – August 11, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 12, 2021

Fixes Implemented

Night Mode

• Fixed an issue where some apps were unresponsive with Night Mode enabled.
Settings

• Fixed an issue where users reported being unable to set a custom wallpaper on their dashboard.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

• We've received reports from users that Dolby Vision for Gaming is not working at this time. We're aware of the issue and working on an update to resolve this. Keep an eye out on the release notes for updates.
Edge (New)

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210811-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2162.210811-2200
  • Available: 12 p.m. PT – August 13, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 14, 2021

Fixes Implemented

Game/Apps

• Various fixes to address some titles freezing/crashing randomly while in use.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

Edge (New)

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4K UI today !

news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210813-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109\22000.2168.210813-2200
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 16, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 17, 2021

We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.

Dashboard
  • With today's update, Alpha Skip-Ahead Insiders on Xbox Series X consoles connected to a 4K display can begin flighting an increased resolution UI. This change means Home, Guide, and other areas of the UI will be displayed in a higher native resolution for increased sharpness and text readability.

Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

Audio
Dolby Vision for Gaming
Edge (New)
Games
Guide
HDMI-CEC
Home
Installation
My Games & Apps
Narrator

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210815-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2174.210815-2200
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 17, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 18, 2021

Fixes Implemented

Game Trials

• Fixes an issue where users with time-based game trials (e.g. Madden 22) were not getting the full play time available for a trial.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

Edge (New)

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I'm thinking it must be idle that causes problems.

If I leave my Series X on the dashboard for 2 hours, nothing wants to open and requires a reboot or several retries.

Can't even report. After 5 minutes it says sorry.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking it must be idle that causes problems.

If I leave my Series X on the dashboard for 2 hours, nothing wants to open and requires a reboot or several retries.

Can't even report. After 5 minutes it says sorry.
I'm on Skip Ahead and I can leave my Series X on the dashboard for several hours without any issue.

Have you tried resetting it ? It's quite fast and you can keep you games.
I had to do it two weeks ago because for some reason Flight Sim would launch at all, even after a full reinstall, not a Skip Ahead issue, it was a "known" Windows 8 and 10 issue which required a full system reset (same on the console).

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I'll try to copy error number next time.

I've also identified that it happens often when there are updates running. After rebooting it said a game was downloading. Often, the queue is incorrect.

Is weird.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
If it's not because idle, maybe quick start.

Turned on and nothing works.

Store keeps trying to install stick 3 at 98% or stopped.

Can't submit report, forgot to copy error number again.

Queue doesn't show 12 minutes even though I just installed it.

Store says I can install 12 minutes, not play.

Reboot to fix again.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210818-2135) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2183.210818-2135
  • Available: 12 p.m. PT – August 20, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 21, 2021

Dolby Vision for Gaming

• Dolby Vision for Gaming resumes flighting for Xbox Insiders today! This can be enabled by going to Settings>General>TV & display options>Video modes and selecting the Dolby Vision for Gaming checkbox.

Fixes Implemented

Edge

• Fixed an issue where users would be prompted to go through initial setup when starting browser.
Guide

• Fixes to address users attempting to open the Guide seeing the power menu instead.
Home

• Fixed an issue where some users were seeing a black/blank screen after installing an update.
Night Mode

• Fixes to address controller brightness setting not working correctly for some controllers.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

• With Dolby Vision enabled, some TVs may introduce input latency when playing games.
  • When 120Hz, ALLM, or VRR is enabled, some TVs are unable to enter Dolby Vision mode.
  • On some TVs, a brief green screen may be shown when entering/exiting a title with Dolby Vision enabled.
  • When playing a title with Dolby Vision and ALLM enabled some TVs may exhibit washed out colors.
Edge

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still getting power options when pressing once instead of the guide,
I get this the first time I press the Guide button when I just started or came back to a game, it's in the known issue list.
If I wait a few seconds after returning to a game before pressing the Guide button, it will work as intended.

Other than that, I don't have any issue at all on Alpha Skip-ahead since weeks.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210820-1630) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2192.210820-1630
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 23, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 24, 2021

Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

• With Dolby Vision enabled, some TVs may introduce input latency when playing games.
  • When 120Hz, ALLM, or VRR is enabled, some TVs are unable to enter Dolby Vision mode.
  • On some TVs, a brief green screen may be shown when entering/exiting a title with Dolby Vision enabled.
  • When playing a title with Dolby Vision and ALLM enabled some TVs may exhibit washed out colors.
Edge

Games

Guide

• Some users have reported that the Guide is failing to launch/load when pressing the Xbox button on a controller
HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

Media Remote

• We have received reports that the Xbox button on Media Remotes is not working with the latest update. We are aware and investigating.
My Games & Apps

Narrator

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question perhaps, but ever since the error that myself and IbizaPocholo were having a month or so ago which resulted in us having to reset the system... Edge won't work.

Anyone else have this happen? I normally use it to show me what secret achivement requirements are quickly. In the Achivement screen you can choose "Get help" or something like that, and it will open Edge and show a description. Since resetting the console and having to relink it to my MS account... it opens Edge, then maybe 20 seconds later just goes to dashboard. I see no way to uninstall/reinstall Edge either. Just 'delete save' which I assume is a cache... and which doesn't actually delete.

Guessing this is some weird Alpha Skip Ahead/Edge issue... but if of y'all have heard anything that might fix this? Cool. Otherwise I can easily live without it. Just weird.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210826-2330) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2217.210826-2330
  • Available: 12 p.m. PT – August 28, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 29, 2021

We have exciting news! Beta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.

Game Pass

• Users who have not used the feature will see a new option when browsing Game Pass providing details on how to add items to their Play Later queue.

Fixes Implemented

Games

• Fixed an issue where compatibility options would be missing from titles in My Games & Apps.
Guide

• Fixed an issue where the Guide was failing to launch/load when pressing the Xbox button on a controller.
Installation

• Fixed an issue where users were getting a black/blank screen when trying to install content.
Media Remote

• Fixed an issue where the Xbox button on Media Remotes was not working.

• Fixed an issue with Xbox 360 Gamerpics not displaying correctly.
System

Known Issues

Audio

Dolby Vision for Gaming

Edge

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see the Night Mode stuff and the 4K UI make it to retail OS. Hopefully soon.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210830-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2229.210830-2200
  • Available: 6 p.m. PT – August 31, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 1, 2021

Fixes Implemented

Audio

• Fixed an issue where some users would have no console audio when booting the console.
System

Known Issues

Controllers

• We've received some reports that users' controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
Dashboard

• We've received some reports that the dashboard is not responding as quickly as expected. We are aware and investigating.
Dolby Vision for Gaming

Edge

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2109.210831-2330) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2234.210831-2330
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 2, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 3, 2021

Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

Controllers

• We've received some reports that users' controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.

Dashboard

• We've received some reports that the dashboard is not responding as quickly as expected. We are aware and investigating.

Dolby Vision for Gaming

Edge

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

Remote Play

• We've received some reports that this function isn't working with the latest update. We are aware and investigating.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
My manual updates for games (using my games and apps) has been broken for a few months. My external drive works fine but it won't get games updates until I go to launch an unpatched game. I think I'm just going to reset.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is not the best place to ask but, is there some place to watch for official (all users, non insiders) software updates?

Also, has the higher resolution interface reached some other status or is it just the alpha/skip ahead ring? That's mainly what I'm interested in right now, but learning about more added features should be nice too.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is not the best place to ask but, is there some place to watch for official (all users, non insiders) software updates?

Also, has the higher resolution interface reached some other status or is it just the alpha/skip ahead ring? That's mainly what I'm interested in right now, but learning about more added features should be nice too.
I think they post regular updates on Xbox Wire as well, just way less frequently.

If you scroll down, the last one seems to be about the June update (I don't know if the August update went public yet).

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017

The insiders reddit is my go-to source for updates and checking bugs : https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/

you can also follow https://twitter.com/jronald (not just for that but he posts all updates a bit before news.xbox.com) and the official insider twitter https://twitter.com/xboxinsider

For the UI I think it's still only for skip ahead (but I'm not really following the other rings so might be wrong...)

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2110.210906-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2110CO\22000.2517.210906-2200
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 8, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 9, 2021

Controllers

• A new version of the controller firmware is available for Alpha Skip-Ahead users starting today. You can read more about what's included with the update as well as which controllers will be receiving it here.

Fixes Implemented

Controllers

• Fixed an issue where controllers were unresponsive for several seconds when connected to console.
Dashboard

• Fixes to address the dashboard not being responsive randomly while navigating.
Guide

• Additional fixes to address users seeing power menu instead of Guide when pressing Xbox button on controller.
HBO Max

• Fixed an issue where some users were unable to launch the app.
System

Known Issues

Controllers

Dolby Vision for Gaming

• As we are flighting the feature some titles may occasionally stop using Dolby Vision for Gaming and utilize HDR instead.
Edge

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

Remote Play

• We've received some reports that this function isn't working with the latest update. We are aware and investigating.

news.xbox.com

Xbox Controller Firmware Update Rolling Out to Insiders Starting Today - Xbox Wire

Today, we are excited to begin flighting a new firmware update for Xbox One controllers, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, and Xbox Adaptive Controllers that delivers next-gen features...

Today, we are excited to begin flighting a new firmware update for Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth support, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, and Xbox Adaptive Controllers that delivers next-gen features previously available only on Xbox Series X|S controllers, including better cross-device connectivity and reduced latency. We believe it's important to maintain backward compatibility with Xbox accessories people already have in their collection and to ensure we deliver the best gaming experience no matter how you choose to play.

Better cross-device connectivity

These controllers now support Bluetooth Low Energy, which delivers better compatibility across devices and allows for better pairing experiences. You will be able to play wirelessly on Windows 10 PCs, iOS 15+, and Android devices with Bluetooth Low Energy for remote play from your console or cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on the go. After installing the firmware update, these controllers will remember one Bluetooth host (e.g., smartphone) and one Xbox Wireless host (e.g., Xbox console), so you can quickly and seamlessly switch between previously connected devices with a simple double tap of the pair button.

This level of compatibility and connectivity has become the norm for modern devices and accessories. Increasingly, the controller will be your common touch point to your Xbox games across devices. We are invested in expanding Xbox gaming beyond the console, so Xbox controllers need to work equally well on both Xbox consoles and Bluetooth devices and moving between all these devices needs to be easy.

Reduced Latency

With this firmware update, we are bringing to these controllers the innovation of Dynamic Latency Input (DLI). Dynamic Latency Input delivers controller inputs more efficiently to your Xbox Series X|S console for a more responsive gaming experience and seemingly instantaneous action.

We are excited to bring new software features to Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth support, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, and Xbox Adaptive Controllers that were previously available only on next gen Xbox Series X|S controllers. The firmware update is available to Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha users today, and will be available to additional flight rings in the weeks to come.

Thanks to all who participate in the Xbox Insider Program. If you're not an Xbox Insider but interested in participating, you can download the Xbox Insider Hub and enroll in the Omega Ring to get started.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2110.210908-2200) - Xbox Wire

System Update Details:

• OS version released: XB_FLT_2110CO\22000.2523.210908-2200
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 10, 2021
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 11, 2021

Fixes Implemented

System

Known Issues

Controllers

Dolby Vision for Gaming

• As we are flighting the feature some titles may occasionally stop using Dolby Vision for Gaming and utilize HDR instead.
Edge

Games

Guide

HDMI-CEC

Home

Installation

My Games & Apps

Narrator

Remote Play

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else have weird moments where nothing will work, after about 5 minutes the disc drive will bump around and things still won't launch?

Can't even report it because tool also won't work, after collecting info for a few minutes it fails with error code for taking too long.

Third time trying to report working?