• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
About the price, people tend to forget the S console is now €299 RRP, but it' often sold at €229 (even bundled with games) by many stores. So the new console will be €70 lower RRP, and it could reach as low as €159 after the discounts applied by the stores. I'm pretty sure that, come Christmas, it will be easily found at around 150. That's a great price point IMHO.

Everyone expecting this to be a play for now and saying it's going to flop are missing the point. This will be heavily discounted for the holidays and bundled like crazy.
Yep, exactly.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The MSRP is the MSRP. It'll almost certainly be sold for less, particularly during promotional periods.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Why on earth would I pay way more money for way less features? Come on, MS. There's multiple bundles on Amazon.de for a regular One S 1TB for a lot less than 230€, not even looking at regional retailer discounts.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Why on earth would I pay way more money for way less features? Come on, MS. There's multiple bundles on Amazon.de for a regular One S 1TB for a lot less than 230€, not even looking at regional retailer discounts.
That console is 299 RRP. So if you find it at 230, you'll definitely be able to find the new one at around €160. Why are you comparing an RRP price with a seller discounted price? It makes no sense at all.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
That console is 299 RRP. So if you find it at 230, you'll definitely be able to find the new one at around €160.
I'm pretty sure I won't for a while.

Right now on regular-ass Amazon I see

XONES 1TB + Forza 199€
XONES 1TB regular 200€
XONES 1TB Forza + Gamepass 230€
XONES 1TB Starter bundle (3m Gamepass + Live Gold) 199€
XONES 1TB Division 2 bundle 220€

To assume a 299 regular pricing is just not adequate, at least over here in Germany. It's just not being sold for this price.

Last edited:

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Those "but it's cheape

XONES 1TB + Forza 199€
XONES 1TB regular 200€

To assume a 299 regular pricing is just not adequate, at least over here in Germany. It's just not being sold for this price.
Why not? All these prices are discounts applied by Amazon to SKUs with a €300 or more RRP, and they will surely do the same with the new SKU. It will definitely come at around €150 by Fall.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
These share the same design:
tL4F5UL.png

5YpHU7h.jpg
Are you serious right now?

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
$250 is fine. Since the disk model is technically $300, but you never see it at that price.

Expect frequent sales to $200, and even $150 during black friday/boxing day.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
That price seems too high and I wonder if retailers will undercut the RRP to the same extent as the S/X, considering they'll have much incentive to do so.

I mean, why would a retailer like Game offer this at a discount when they'll never get any game sales from anyone who buys one?

Game selection seems odd too - surely they could have just bundled in several months of gamepass instead?

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
Without a disc drive this is only really worth getting as a second Xbox console for the home. Otherwise it would have to be substantially cheaper than the other one s deals you can pick up to make up for the reduced functionality.

As others have mentioned you can get og xb1 consoles for around the 100 quid mark as well and that's a far better option.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
That's too expensive. Hasn't the existing Xbox One been regularly $250-$200 as is?
Pretty much, Black Friday I got the Minecraft bundle for my sis for like $230. Its normally $299 but anyone with working brain cells can go on amazon or online (even in stores a LOT) and find a one s for $230-$250 bundled with a game.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Incredibly difficult to chew at $250. A $50 savings for no disc drive seems like a hard sell since it won't be able to play BC Games off Disc, 4K Blu-Rays, or play used games.

This thing should be $150, sell at a loss, and make the money on the backend with digital sales.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

XONES 1TB + Forza 199€
XONES 1TB regular 200€

RRP is mot something you assume. RRP is definite and it's 299 period.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
I'm still trying to figure out why you would buy an Xbox One S at this point - what is Microsoft's pitch at this point? Is it a cheap entry into Game Pass? Is it just a cheap way to play current gen games? Then, removing the hardware that makes it a decent living room accessory, why go with the disc-less edition?

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Around here you can buy the standard S for 170€ (with bundled games) and even less many times a year.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
to play xbox games for a low price.

right, but with next gen stuff likely around the corner (unless 2020 is less likely than I think?), prices for existing consoles are likely to drop. it's just a weird time to be investing in the system unless you're hoping for cheap entry into the Game Pass environment, which makes sense. I just wonder how much longer the One S will be supported.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
It's obviously smaller but I was expecting it to be even smaller, to be honest. And with an attractive $200 price tag. I wonder what this model will actually tell them. It probably won't do that well.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018

XONES 1TB + Forza 199€
XONES 1TB regular 200€

siKT2GC.jpg

70€ below regular MSRP
And around sale price for the console

The Ps4 Slim was sold for 199€ 3 years ago. Not that shit is even more expensive.
Prices change and adapt.

I'm still trying to figure out why you would buy an Xbox One S at this point - what is Microsoft's pitch at this point? Is it a cheap entry into Game Pass? Is it just a cheap way to play current gen games? Then, removing the hardware that makes it a decent living room accessory, why go with the disc-less edition?
Just like last gen, longer than Ps4.
So probably between 3 and 5 years from now.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
That price doesn't make any sense. 1TB X1S already costs around 189-199€ over here (and has been for months now).

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Comparing current Amazon prices of the S model to this MSRP is meaningless. This will probably regular around/under 200€ in the first six months and reach 150€ during holiday season.