• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
It's a great deal!
I can't believe I am totally ok with a Disc-less console. I realized that I purchased almost all my PS4 games digitally. Actually, my physical games are an exception.

The only reason I wouldn't buy a disc-less PS5 or Xbox is because I want a 4K blu ray player. Otherwise, I will totally buy all the games digitally next gen. And if a disc-less console is cheaper, then it's not convenient.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I would jump on this if it not for the fact that I have a pretty decent number of Xbox360 physical disks + a copy of panzer dragoon orta.

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah my friend just got one. Perfect for Gamepass, video streaming services and Xbox 360 digital BC.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Once it's at this price at permanent drop I will probably pick one up, gamepass and OG X-Box games that are digitally available is why I have wanted one but don't want to pay too much when I am too invested in the PS ecosystem now to make a full switch to MS, but would like some access and to reward them for some of the ship righting they have done.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Nice price. I wonder how long it will take for the Xsex to be available without a disc drive... maybe they could let you special order it from their website before the launch or something.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I would actually love a disc-less console, it's such a great convenience. The only problem really is that digital only consoles will end up being more expensive, because digital game prices are so much higher than physical game prices (unless you always buy games on launch day for full price). I guess with Gamepass though, even that's not a factor anymore

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen regular One S consoles at the same price, but a brand new Xbox One for $150 is a fantastic deal. Pair it with one of the good Gamepass deals going and you have yourself a fantastic gaming experience for cheap.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be in for an S for 150
I might have been wrong on that. I can't seem to find anything on One S consoles at that price, even looking at Black Friday deals. I must have been mistaking them for the All Digital edition. Still, this is a great deal and I'd jump on it unless you want to look in the used market. I'm sure you can find a regular One S used for around this price.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I'd buy one if I needed one. Can't even remember the last time I've bought a game physically for the XB1.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
This may also serve as a good X-Cloud box as well once that comes out. You could have it to play Xbox One games, BC OG Xbox and 360 games, and in the future, I'm sure you'll be able to stream next-gen games to it as well. All for $150 is a pretty good deal.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good combo with Gamepass for sure. There are certainly good arguments to be made about the merits of spending more on an S or One X, but there's a huge amount of undeniable value there. Great way to catch up on this generation of Xbox games on a budget.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still feels a little overpriced but I also already own a One S so i guess it's not really targeted at me to begin with. I feel like 129.99 makes more sense for this thing a year out from next gen

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I'm getting more and more tempted by this. I don't know how I feel about getting one with the next generation coming out next year but then I look at all the Gamepass games out right now that I want to play and I get a little weaker.