• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
This is the vanilla version AFAIK, there is an improved version on other platforms

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get too far into this game on Vita before I stopped, and I wish I could remember what the reason was.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I get the idea of shining a light on a rare sale, but it's a weird way to phrase it since you make it sound like its a xbox one exclusive

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the idea of shining a light on a rare sale, but it's a weird way to phrase it since you make it sound like its a xbox one exclusive
How do I make it sound like an exclusive? I'm specifically pointing out the Xbox One version of the game is on sale on the Xbox Live digital store.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
How do I make it sound like an exclusive? I'm specifically pointing out the Xbox One version of the game is on sale on the Xbox Live digital store.

"xbox one dungeon crawler" instead of just saying Strangers of Sword City is on sale on Xbox etc etc. Not that it matters, just thought it was weird phrasing.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"xbox one dungeon crawler" instead of just saying Strangers of Sword City is on sale on Xbox etc etc. Not that it matters, just thought it was weird phrasing.
Yes, I was specifically pointing out it's the Xbox One version of the game that's on sale. What's weird is you pointing it out as if it somehow implies exclusivity since you admittedly acknowledge it doesn't matter. LOL

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
There's an enhanced version with 2 extra classes and other stuff but it doesn't sound like this is it

Yes, this is the original version released by EXP themselves. The Vita release is the enhanced version released by NISA, with presumably a different localization. That should be the version coming out on Switch in March, alongside the sequel, Saviors of Sapphire Wings.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I was specifically pointing out it's the Xbox One version of the game that's on sale. What's weird is you pointing it out as if it somehow implies exclusivity since you admittedly acknowledge it doesn't matter. LOL

You didn't say dungeon crawler is on sale on xbox one, which is how people normally say it. You said xbox one dungeon crawler. That makes it sound likes...it's an xbox one dungeon crawler. That's how people tend to refer to exclusives in many cases. Just pointing that out. They're not being pedantic.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You didn't say dungeon crawler is on sale on xbox one, which is how people normally say it. You said xbox one dungeon crawler. That makes it sound likes...it's an xbox one dungeon crawler. That's how people tend to refer to exclusives in many cases. Just pointing that out. They're not being pedantic.
OK, but it's not exclusive nor is it the point of this thread.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Not to derail the thread but I too thought this was an exclusive based on your phrasing. ' Xbox dungeon crawler' does imply you're talking about an exclusive. You should have titled this ' dungeon crawler "Stranger of Sword City" is on sale on Xbox' to avoid confusion.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to derail the thread but I too thought this was an exclusive based on your phrasing. ' Xbox dungeon crawler' does imply you're talking about an exclusive. You should have titled this ' dungeon crawler "Stranger of Sword City" is on sale on Xbox' to avoid confusion.
There is nothing inaccurate about the title of this thread nor is whether it's an exclusive or not the point of this thread. However if I knew people would derail this thread about something so irrelevant I would've added version after Xbox One or left off Xbox One.

Honestly this shit is so lame it discourages me to ever post threads on here.

Mods, please close thread.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Note, an enhanced version of Stranger of Sword City is bundled along with Saviors of Sapphire Wings which comes out in March on Switch & PC. So if you can play it there, you might want to wait.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Please redirect discussion to existing thread, thanks.
www.resetera.com

Stranger of Sword City is $10.12 (75% off) on Xbox Live (first time on sale since 2018)

\ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/stranger-of-sword-city/c2v6blwq5hl4?activetab=pivot:overviewtab This is one of those Japanese ports to Xbox that happened randomly and fell through the cracks by most. There's a new version of the game coming to Switch with a new expansion, but for the price...

Status
Not open for further replies.