• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
You're welcome! It's complicated because OG emulation on 360 and 360/OG emulation on 1/Series are fundamentally different.

I'm also hoping MS reopens the program at some point, but even if they don't it's really amazing how many great games are playable on modern systems. Playing TimeSplitters 2 on my Series X is just mind blowing!
With Microsoft buying Activision and Embracer(which has been very active on the bc program) buying Eidos, there's room for a nice new batch of games. I hope they will consider it someday

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I bought Forza Horizon 1 when it was delisted the other day, how long do I have until it's taken away? Is it a certainty that they'll remove it from my account?

No, Forza delisted games are not removed from your account, you can still redownload it afterwards :)

I think in this case Miker is speaking about the recent store blip where Forza Horizon became available despite being delisted from sale previously - similar games have had this happen where purchases for them after the delisting date were reversed by Microsoft. There's a thread specifically about the Forza Horizon store blip which will probably be updated if purchases get revoked for anyone who bought it on Sunday - I'd advise keeping an eye on there.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I know they've refunded other games that popped back up that were 3rd party, but I've never seen a 1st party game go back up after being delisted... I would expect it to get revoked but who knows.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I think in this case Miker is speaking about the recent store blip where Forza Horizon became available despite being delisted from sale previously - similar games have had this happen where purchases for them after the delisting date were reversed by Microsoft. There's a thread specifically about the Forza Horizon store blip which will probably be updated if purchases get revoked for anyone who bought it on Sunday - I'd advise keeping an eye on there.

Yeah, wondering if it's worth starting it and getting into it if it's just gonna be taken away from me.

Feb 27, 2019
With Microsoft buying Activision and Embracer(which has been very active on the bc program) buying Eidos, there's room for a nice new batch of games. I hope they will consider it someday

Me too! It's one of the best things about the Xbox ecosystem. I wouldn't get your/our hopes up too much, though. They were pretty clear with the last batch that it would be the final additions to the program. (Before they always left the door open.)

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
No, Forza delisted games are not removed from your account, you can still redownload it afterwards :)
If bought when meant to be on sale. Horizon 1 was accidentally relisted the other day.

I've no idea, but I would be prepared to have it removed and your payment refunded as a possibility.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Forza Horizon 1 when it was delisted the other day, how long do I have until it's taken away? Is it a certainty that they'll remove it from my account?

I downloaded telltale Jurassic Park on my 360, and I can redownload it just fine. Let me check if it's still available on my xbox series.

EDIT: welp, it is gone now. So yeah I can still play on my 360, but it's gone on the new gen. Too bad, because I actually had it installed before for quite a while. I don't remember when it would have been removed.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
God I have been waiting for F.E.A.R. and Overlord.

I still don't understand why either of those was delisted. What's up with that? Overlord 2 is up. F.E.A.R. 2 is up. Like the heck?
I guess F.E.A.R must have something to do with it being Sierra and not WB Games, but I think both Overlords had the same dev AND publisher so I dunno in all honesty lol.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
OG F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. Files discs here in Brazil are impossibly expensive to get. 80-110 USD from the listings I could find, which were very few. I have the game on PC digitally, but I'd love to have a copy on Xbox 😢

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Was lucky enough to order FEAR for cheap the moment the news dropped. I wasn't so lucky wrt Ridge Racer 6... I was too slow :(

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone check if Final Fight: Double Impact has been stealthily removed from the backwards compatibility program? I can't play it anymore on my Series X, no problem on the 360.

Also, I don't see it listed on the store.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone check if Final Fight: Double Impact has been stealthily removed from the backwards compatibility program? I can't play it anymore on my Series X, no problem on the 360.

Also, I don't see it listed on the store.
Thar's strange...

Yeah, it's working on my end, at least.

Nov 1, 2017
Was lucky enough to order FEAR for cheap the moment the news dropped. I wasn't so lucky wrt Ridge Racer 6... I was too slow :(
I might be misunderstanding, but while Ridge Racer 6 isn't discounted, it is still on sale in North America:

Legacy Xbox 360 Store:

Ridge Racer 6

Xbox Store:

Buy Ridge Racer 6 | Xbox

Blast through hairpin turns at more than 150 mph as beautiful high-definition graphics and scintillating sounds assault your senses. Ridge Racer™ 6 employs the power of next-generation hardware to deliver exhilarating drift-racing gameplay at even more extreme speeds.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I could have got FEAR Files basically for free a few years ago, someone wanted to trade it for a cheap game I was selling, I refused because it was not BC and my 360 has been dead for a while.
When it went BC I was so mad at myself lol, luckily I was still able to get it for a relatively low price

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
I might be misunderstanding, but while Ridge Racer 6 isn't discounted, it is still on sale in North America:

Legacy Xbox 360 Store:

Ridge Racer 6

Xbox Store:

Buy Ridge Racer 6 | Xbox

Blast through hairpin turns at more than 150 mph as beautiful high-definition graphics and scintillating sounds assault your senses. Ridge Racer™ 6 employs the power of next-generation hardware to deliver exhilarating drift-racing gameplay at even more extreme speeds.
Not available in PAL regions, if I end up buying that version I have to set my console to USA in order to play it. For some reason Bandai Namco refuses to sell the game digitally here.

PolskiGamer17

Oct 27, 2017
Now that Microsoft bought Acti, I hope we get the rest of crash and spyro games that came out on og Xbox and 360.
Also it sucks that 360 Mortal Kombat games are not available digitally.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
It's so annoying, I already have RR7 for the PS3 so I'm not too fussed about it but I want those achievements dammit lol
Fair warning, the achievements in RR6 are brutal! A lot of them are online specfific too, and while there probably are a handful still playing the game, it's going to be a very steep hill to get them.

You can play RR6 if you have a PAL disc though. It looks very nice with the Auto HDR and rock solid 60fps.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
There's a couple of free DLCs available now

Get The Lost Hobo King | Xbox

In the Lost Hobo King, the first DLC pack for Double Fine’s Stacking, players journey to the hobo kingdom of Camelfoot in attempt to pass three tests of valor to awaken the hobo blacksmiths of old. Overcome challenges, discover unique dolls and hi-jinks to reforge the lost crown for a new hobo...

Scarica Yoko Belnades Character Pack | Xbox

Manifest as this witch ally of the Belmont clan and inherit the powers of the magic seal!

Get Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice | Xbox

Continue the Costume Quest adventure by exploring the monster world, Repugia. Face new enemies while collecting additional quests, costumes, battle stamps and creepy treat cards. Help the monsters overthrow Araxia to bring peace back to Repugia! Unlock now!

Nov 13, 2017
Is there a list somewhere of games that are backwards compatible but not available digitally? I'd like to hunt around for some discs.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

In the Lost Hobo King, the first DLC pack for Double Fine’s Stacking, players journey to the hobo kingdom of Camelfoot in attempt to pass three tests of valor to awaken the hobo blacksmiths of old. Overcome challenges, discover unique dolls and hi-jinks to reforge the lost crown for a new hobo...

Manifest as this witch ally of the Belmont clan and inherit the powers of the magic seal!

Continue the Costume Quest adventure by exploring the monster world, Repugia. Face new enemies while collecting additional quests, costumes, battle stamps and creepy treat cards. Help the monsters overthrow Araxia to bring peace back to Repugia! Unlock now!
Thank you!
Is there a list somewhere of games that are backwards compatible but not available digitally? I'd like to hunt around for some discs.
www.resetera.com

What 360 games are backwards compatible but are delisted or unavailable on the Xbox marketplace?

I would like this thread to keep track of all these titles as a resource so people know which games are backwards compatible but must track down a physical copy (if available) if they didn't own it digitally before it was delisted or it was never made available to buy digitally. Xbox 360 # 50...

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Oh cool, thanks for posting. I really enjoyed Costume Quest, but I never got round to buying the DLC.

Is there anyway to get an Xbox game I claimed from GwG, but was only added to my Xbox Live Gold games tab, not my actual library, added to my library?

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Oh cool, thanks for posting. I really enjoyed Costume Quest, but I never got round to buying the DLC.

Is there anyway to get an Xbox game I claimed from GwG, but was only added to my Xbox Live Gold games tab, not my actual library, added to my library?

I think you'd have to try buying it. I have a single OG Xbox game on the Gold tab too, I couldn't tell you the name of it but I'm curious if it was an error or if that particular game just wouldn't add to my library.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

I'm late to seeing this but nice.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I still have my Forza Horizon from when it was accidentally relisted on 4/30/22. If I still have it now, it's probably safe to start and they won't take it away...right?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I saw F.E.A.R. will be on the new rebranded PS Now streaming service, but I suppose we shouldn't get our hopes up about a potential resisting as a result? Also want to dip into this series, I really do.

Last edited:

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw F.E.A.R. will be on the new rebranded PS Now streaming service, but I suppose we shoiuldn't get our hopes up about a potential resisting as a result? Also want to dip into this series, I really do.
It's very possible because the publishing rights have to be in order for it to be licensed onto Playstation's service.

It will be interesting to see if the publishing rights reverted back to Warner Brothers or if Activision Blizzard still owns it for the first game.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I saw F.E.A.R. will be on the new rebranded PS Now streaming service, but I suppose we shouldn't get our hopes up about a potential resisting as a result? Also want to dip into this series, I really do.
The first (and best) game should work great even on old PCs or laptops. The PC version is superior in every way too. It should also be cheap as hell.

If gaming on PC is an option for you that is.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Here is an interesting article that explains the complexity of music rights and licensing. These apply especially to making games BC, as most of these old titles have to be re-enabled for purchase and distrubution online.

www.gamesindustry.biz

Music licensing in games: trials, tribulations, and what's next

The games and music industries have had a long and at times illustrious relationship. Early 80s arcade titles like Jour…