• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This and gamepass are why I might just buy a XsS before getting a PlayStation 5. I, too, hope they keep up the work!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly really excited for this drop of games honestly.

Since we're getting Red Dead Revolver, the Max Payne Trilogy (well, 1 and 2, probably 3) I wonder if we'll get The Warriors and Midnight Club 3 as well. Rockstar has kept their license for The Warriors so it should be possible even if it wouldn't leak…

And since only 3 360 games have leaked, I wonder what other 360 games we'll get. Hopefully Wolfenstein 2009 and Quake 4 for starters…
OG Xbox The Warriors is highly unlikely to become BC because the version of The Warriors that Rockstar is currently publishing has some songs removed due to licensing. Same reason OG Xbox GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are highly unlikely to become BC.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at XBO compatible fightsticks right now. Every last Xbox-exclusive DoA game including 4 is a banger.
Get a Brooks adapter and a 360 stick. You can find solid 360 sticks for pretty cheap and a Xbox brooks adapter will allow you play it on xbox one without any issues.

Playing MP3 with faster load times would completely change the experience. I could never replay it because it was such a slow-paced, narrative-focused affair that I usually gave up... But the gameplay is just sublime.
Fuckkk, you are so right. The load times being quick will completely change the game's replayability. Seeing this game x enhanced would be so amazing

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
You will probably still feel that the Max Payne 3 load times are too long. They are on the PC version.

I replayed the trilogy last year on PC and those games are just among my favorites. Gunplay feels so good in MP3.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'd be stoked for the OG Xbox Dead or Alive games. Curious why there is a listing for DoA 1 though. That didn't release for Xbox, did it? I thought just Dead or Alive 3 and then Dead or Alive Ultimate (which was a remake of 1 and 2).

RagingAvatar

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester
I'd be stoked for the OG Xbox Dead or Alive games. Curious why there is a listing for DoA 1 though. That didn't release for Xbox, did it? I thought just Dead or Alive 3 and then Dead or Alive Ultimate (which was a remake of 1 and 2).

Dead or Alive Ultimate looks like it's being broke out into 2 products as Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate and Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate?

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Something to keep in mind: DOA3 was a kinda rushed launch game, especially if we end up with the North American 1.0 version.

DOA2:Ultimate was released years afterwards and has better graphics and polish, more unlockables/costumes, more stages, but a slightly smaller roster with no Christie, Hayate, or Brad Wong. The boss character Tengu is playable.

I'll buy both and I probably have more nostalgia for DOA3, but there is a case to be made that DOA2U is a more complete game.
ah i didn't realise DOA2:Ultimate was made after DOA3. i've memories of playing DOA2 on ps2 and never played DOA3 but i'm one of those weird single-player fighting game people so i'll go with 2 first i think. hopefully 4 is BC'd at somepoint too.

thanks everyone for your replies!

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dead or Alive Ultimate looks like it's being broke out into 2 products as Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate and Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate?

Original release was two discs so it could be.
The funny thing about the game is that both discs actually have both games on it. Each disc has 2 directories (one for each game) and the only differentiating factor is that they have a different executable. One disc points to the doa1 directory while the other points to the doa2 directory

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
The funny thing about the game is that both discs actually have both games on it. Each disc has 2 directories (one for each game) and the only differentiating factor is that they have a different executable. One disc points to the doa1 directory while the other points to the doa2 directory
Thaaat is really interesting! I wonder why they split the compilation in two then when they originally released it back in 2004. Maybe there wasn't enough space for all of it to fit into one disc?

What was added to DOA 1 Ultimate besides graphics improvement? Can't remember
Nothing really. I remember at the time, Team Ninja said they basically left DOA1 untouched because they wanted to preserve it.

But then they were also bragging about how much they remade DOA2 from it's original release so that was pretty weird. Lol.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
OG Xbox The Warriors is highly unlikely to become BC because the version of The Warriors that Rockstar is currently publishing has some songs removed due to licensing. Same reason OG Xbox GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are highly unlikely to become BC.
The PS2-on-PS4 port has songs missing?

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Very excited to hear about DOA 1-3;. Really hoping DOA 4 gets backwards compatible as well as it's my favorite.

Aug 25, 2021
ah i didn't realise DOA2:Ultimate was made after DOA3. i've memories of playing DOA2 on ps2 and never played DOA3 but i'm one of those weird single-player fighting game people so i'll go with 2 first i think. hopefully 4 is BC'd at somepoint too.

thanks everyone for your replies!

You're not entirely wrong, the Ps2 DOA 2 version was released at launch (or close to launch) and was dubbed DOA 2 Hardcore, and the Xbox version was pretty much a Remake of DOA2, hence, the Ultimate.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Crossing my fingers for:
Silent Hill 2/4
Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Spikeout
Binary Domain
Asura's Wrath
Genman Onimusha (Not gonna happen)
Mortal kombat 9/ DA/ Deception/ Armageddon (Mk vs DC? lol)
Bloody Roar Extreme
Otogi 1/2
Ninja Blade
Singularity

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
So if I understand correctly, we're getting DOA 1 and 2? Any chances of online play?
We should be getting at least DOA 1-3. None of them will have online play though due to the Original Xbox Live servers being shut down over a decade ago.

We will have confirmation for EVERYTHING on Monday afternoon during the Xbox 20th Anniversary Livestream event, so it's not much longer now!

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Just do it.

51XAGK61GDL._AC_SY580_.jpg

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Pie in the sky dream announcement for Monday: Jet Set Radio Future.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Crossing my fingers for:
Silent Hill 2/4
Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Spikeout
Binary Domain
Asura's Wrath
Genman Onimusha (Not gonna happen)
Mortal kombat 9/ DA/ Deception/ Armageddon (Mk vs DC? lol)
Bloody Roar Extreme
Otogi 1/2
Ninja Blade
Singularity
Pretty sure that Asura's Wrath is BC already

Aug 16, 2020
91Dw207PKUL._SY445_.jpg

Super crossing my fingers for this one to make it eventually. it's janky and all the licensed music might make it impossible BUT it was published by bethesda so there's a slim chance I guess

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
My biggest hope for backwards compatibility is Eternal Sonata, it's the last JRPG in my 360 collection that needs to come over. Max Payne 3 will be great too though, bought it shortly before getting an Xbox One so didn't really get a chance to play it, my 360 only gets used nowadays for racing and wrestling games that will never become BC anyway.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Outrun probably due to licensing unless they do disc only bc. Mechassault 2 their own IP. Otogi 1and 2, but I think that deserves a proper remaster like metal wolf chaos. On 360, I am still hoping condemned 2 can run on modern hardware since pc version is probably never going to happen. After the success of Re7 vr I was hoping the dev can port condemned 1&2 to modern hardware plus psvr and pc vr.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Give us 4k Burnout 3!

I hope that's not port begging. It's curiously available for digital purchase on the 360, so I got it. But it looks like crap on my screen lol - that 480p 16:9 stretch classic games did.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
91Dw207PKUL._SY445_.jpg

Super crossing my fingers for this one to make it eventually. it's janky and all the licensed music might make it impossible BUT it was published by bethesda so there's a slim chance I guess

This and Skate 2 are my most wanted titles.

I just bought WET physical for my 360 retro collection so I'm also hoping it's added as well since it was delisted. Also hoping for the 2009 Wolfenstein game by Raven that Activision published which doesn't seem like it has as much licensed hurdles outside of Activision themselves who should also be approving Singularity as a BC game.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So, a few of my 360 games are receiving 400-ish MB patches for no apparent reason. Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins, Gears of War 2, maybe more (Gears 2 is getting a 526MB patch as I type this post). Maybe we'll be seeing enhancements soon?

Edit: Now it's Oblivion getting a 448MB patch. I'll keep adding titles as they show up.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, a few of my 360 games are receiving 400-ish MB patches for no apparent reason. Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins, Gears of War 2, maybe more (Gears 2 is getting a 526MB patch as I type this post). Maybe we'll be seeing enhancements soon?

Edit: Now it's Oblivion getting a 448MB patch. I'll keep adding titles as they show up.
Those are some good games right there that would be welcomed to improve.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I just got a patch for Fable Anniversary. At least 600MB