• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iroshino

Jan 4, 2020
I hope they will add to the backward compatibility program: PGR 3, PGR 4, Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005, The Riddick Chronicles: Attack on Dark Athena, Max Payne 3.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Have they even hinted at that they will continue work on OG and 360 games? Feels like it's all Xbox One FPS boost from here on out...

Citywok

Nov 10, 2017
They need to fix the matchmaking issue pretty sure every COD game has issues. All of them are fine on PS3.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I hope they will add to the backward compatibility program: PGR 3, PGR 4, Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005, The Riddick Chronicles: Attack on Dark Athena, Max Payne 3.
PGR never gonna happen. Car licenses are way expired. Anything with a real car, real people/sports teams or licensed music is very very very unlikely. Would cost way way more in money and effort than they could possibly justify.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PGR never gonna happen. Car licenses are way expired. Anything with a real car, real people/sports teams or licensed music is very very very unlikely. Would cost way way more in money and effort than they could possibly justify.
They were able to bring back Ace Combat 6, which has license planes so there is a chance if they really want it.

Iroshino

Jan 4, 2020
They added Forza Horizon but don't sell it in their store. They can also do the same with PGR, those who want to play can find discs with the game.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda bummed about very little BC news outside of those handful of 60fps enhancements.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
I have a question, don't know if this is the right thread for it, but I will ask anyway.

My Xbox 360 is in another house, used only for Netflix. My Series X is with me. Let's say, I want to play an Xbox 360 Games on my Series X, but someone is watching Netflix on X360.

If I start the X360 game on Series X, am I going to log out someone on X360 who is watching Netflix at that time?

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
I have a question, don't know if this is the right thread for it, but I will ask anyway.

My Xbox 360 is in another house, used only for Netflix. My Series X is with me. Let's say, I want to play an Xbox 360 Games on my Series X, but someone is watching Netflix on X360.

If I start the X360 game on Series X, am I going to log out someone on X360 who is watching Netflix at that time?

It shouldn't.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017

Well, it does. As soon as Xbox 360 goes online (connects to Xbox Live after starting the console), Xbox Series X in BC mode is getting disconnected from Xbox Live Network. Tested with Crysis 2 SP and starting up Xbox 360 console.

Also, when I start Xbox 360 game through BC, if Xbox 360 was connected on the Live, it's disconnecting at that particular moment, closing the apps that are started at that time....

It shouldn't be doing that, based on feedback from Microsoft forums.... Don't know if there are any setting under the account that enables this.

Last edited:

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
If it's the same profile being signed into at a second location that's also accessing content, I think it's normal to boot the other instance.

It doesn't work only with Xbox 360 BC games. It works with Original Xbox games and Xbox One games. Meaning I can be signed in with the same account from two different adresses. But only if I'm not playing X360 games.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't work only with Xbox 360 BC games. It works with Original Xbox games and Xbox One games. Meaning I can be signed in with the same account from two different adresses. But only if I'm not playing X360 games.

That's because that is three different accounts. You can't be signed into the same one.

Basically under your account each platform has a sub account. That same sub account cannot be on two things at once.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
360 BC still follows the same rules as an actual 360 as far as XBL goes, yes. A single profile can only be signed into one 360 at a time, regardless of whether it's a virtual or physical 360. This is unlikely to ever change, because this is how XBL has always worked on 360. I think there might have been similar limitations with GFWL as well.

Documentation on the matter: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/shared-consoles/concurrent-signin

IIRC it doesn't work this way on X1 and S|X though. You should be able to stream on one console and game on another using the same profile, because the OS and modern XBL are built with that use case in mind.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So true, and i prefer higher texture or better résolution than fps. Older 360 game like blue dragon or lost odyssey, i want them in 4k ! XD
Higher resolution and higher framerates can be achieved at the same time. The BC team are a bunch of wizards, and I expect them to enhance more and more games in the future.

That said, I'm pretty much craving FPS Boost on more games. Last batch of titles came over a month ago, and we've got nothing but silence since then.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
If it's the same profile being signed into at a second location that's also accessing content, I think it's normal to boot the other instance.

I could swear my son and I tested this out, but it has been ages ago, and we were in the same house (with different rooms and setups). Maybe that had something to do with it.

At any rate, I stand corrected.

drock5k

Aug 3, 2018
Higher resolution and higher framerates can be achieved at the same time. The BC team are a bunch of wizards, and I expect them to enhance more and more games in the future.

That said, I'm pretty much craving FPS Boost on more games. Last batch of titles came over a month ago, and we've got nothing but silence since then.
I agree. Prey at 60 FPS was amazing and I want more.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Quick question, I've never played Fable at the time and I've been going through Fable 2 recently and, well, is it the emulation or did it always feel really bad to control? Moving your character feels like wading through treacle, combat is sluggish and commands feel laggy and the timing based mini games don't have the indicator stop for a long while after you hit the button.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, I've never played Fable at the time and I've been going through Fable 2 recently and, well, is it the emulation or did it always feel really bad to control? Moving your character feels like wading through treacle, combat is sluggish and commands feel laggy and the timing based mini games don't have the indicator stop for a long while after you hit the button.

Yeah, that's more or less how the game has always felt. The series was always more revered for it's atmosphere, characters and writing and less for having snappy, responsive gameplay.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm.

I haven't tried it recently if it got updated, but I remember trying to play it when it was first added and I was shocked at how sluggish it felt back then. Like Loxley mentioned, it wasn't known for being "snappy," but it definitely wasn't as "chunky" as when I tried it.

I even took a video clip of it and it's probably easy to just see how bad it feels to control. (I did only play the first little bit before deciding not to go on, maybe it got better?) Actually, I'm Pretty sure I got up to at least a part where I tried a job (like blackmith or bartender) and noped out then, now that I think about it.
Again though, maybe it's been updated so this video clip might be outdated.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017

Yes it always felt like that and actually felt kind of worse on my 360 even, I'm not sure why it felt so weird. Fable 1 wasn't perfect but felt much better to play to me and is one of my favourite games. The other issue I've ran into was random crashes on fable 2, I didn't finish it on 360 and was confused why it kept crashing when I picked it back up on xbox one, did some searching and was told to play it offline to stop the crashes, that worked and fixed the issue but still not sure why it kept happening.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the replies!

Hmm.

I haven't tried it recently if it got updated, but I remember trying to play it when it was first added and I was shocked at how sluggish it felt back then. Like [snip]

I even took a video clip of it and it's probably easy to just see how bad it feels to control. (I did only play the first little bit before deciding not to go on, maybe it got better?) Actually, I'm Pretty sure I got up to at least a part where I tried a job (like blackmith or bartender) and noped out then, now that I think about it.
Again though, maybe it's been updated so this video clip might be outdated.
I might put it in my 360 and see if it feels any different, I'm quite curious now.

Did 3 feel about the same, do you guys know? I was planning on going straight into it after.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Ran perfectly for me just a month ago. Is this in regards to the OS update?
It could be, Alien Isolation ran fine for me before the newest OS update.

Seems to be for specific games though not all of them, try testing these out to see if you get the same issues.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Ran perfectly for me just a month ago. Is this in regards to the OS update?

No. Mine was running terribly before that. I tried it near lunch and was up to the bit with the female cat fish and the safe and the stuttering was constant. That area ran poorly on the Ine X as well, but seemed far worse on the SX. Might try it again tomorrow to see if anything changed.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
No. Mine was running terribly before that. I tried it near lunch and was up to the bit with the female cat fish and the safe and the stuttering was constant. That area ran poorly on the One X as well, but seemed far worse on the SX. Might try it again tomorrow to see if anything changed.
That's really weird. Maybe try clearing your cache?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Would clearing the MAC address and forcing a restart do that, or do I need to hold down the power button? Genuinely can't remember how to clear the cache anymore.
Looks like you need to hold down the power button:

Quick Google Search said:
CLEARING THE XBOX ONE CACHE:
Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache.