• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Weird maybe is something related to my location (Spain) but the page isn't working for me. In fact I can't even buy any BC title in the EA sale.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen some posts on reddit about this, so I checked my ready to install list.

Splosion Man is missing. I bought it around launch in 2009 or 2010...
Of course I can't check the purchase date because for some reason there are several years of my purchase history missing on account.microsoft.com.

I tried to find it on the store and it's gone. It can still be installed via Xbox.com (360) or microsoft.com (One) but there's no store page available via search on the Xbox One dashboard.

There is a store page however but it can only be accessed through game tile on the console.

It gets weirder: According to Microsoft.com the game is included in Game Pass but it's also missing in the Game Pass install list.

Last edited:

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
The 360 store (which is also the home for all the OG Xbox games) is a mess. There's games that seem like they are delisted on the web but will show up as available to purchase if you search for them on your Xbox One (I just tested this with Crimson Skies and Black). It's about time they killed the 360 store and migrated everything to the new one: keeping the ability to make purchases from 360 consoles is constantly hamstringing the experience on Xbox One and the web.

I am genuinely worried that if this transition never happens that one day the ageing 360 store will be taken down and take with it all our OG Xbox and 360 licenses, and/or the ability to re-download them. We already can no longer see a list of all our 360 games and DLC on My Xbox as this was removed about a year ago.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 360 store (which is also the home for all the OG Xbox games) is a mess. There's games that seem like they are delisted on the web but will show up as available to purchase if you search for them on your Xbox One (I just tested this with Crimson Skies and Black). It's about time they killed the 360 store and migrated everything to the new one: keeping the ability to make purchases from 360 consoles is constantly hamstringing the experience on Xbox One and the web.

I am genuinely worried that if this transition never happens that one day the ageing 360 store will be taken down and take with it all our OG Xbox and 360 licenses, and/or the ability to re-download them. We already can no longer see a list of all our 360 games and DLC on My Xbox as this was removed about a year ago.
Maybe next gen?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
is there anyway to check 360 purchase history?
I'd like to make a list just in case games start disappearing. :0

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in here know of a reliable price tracker for backwards compatible games, especially one that can alert you for specific games? I can't seem to find one that provides that for games outside of those released this generation on the Xbox One.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in here know of a reliable price tracker for backwards compatible games, especially one that can alert you for specific games? I can't seem to find one that provides that for games outside of those released this generation on the Xbox One.

There isn't one: the API all the price tracker sites were using for the 360 store broke/changed about a year ago and there's been nothing since.

Oct 27, 2017
There isn't one: the API all the price tracker sites were using for the 360 store broke/changed about a year ago and there's been nothing since.

It would seem. Thanks for the quick reply.

Would it be fair to say that the reason for a lack of a proper price tracker for 360 and older games is linked with the troubles around missing games and fragmented lists across the X1, 360 download list and the browser you guys are suffering through? Or are they unrelated?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Along with the legendary "Content not available" items. What were they? Who knows!?
Oh my God, that drives me nuts whenever I see that lol!

Like others have brought up, I've noticed all the updates that have been occurring recently.
I took this capture on Friday,
X8Z12Pn.gif

Since then, there has been 19 more updates to my games (only counting BC games).

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
So... Since when The King of Fighters XIII was BC on X1?
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been listed as BC before, but it suddenly showed up in available list on X1 for me today.
I installed it and played a round to make sure it was working.
It was one of the games I was hoping to be BC, but it never has. Until today.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently it was made BC back on February and somehow I missed it then.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
When it comes to Max Payne 1 & 2, they should rather re-release them based on the PC ports, with 60fps and all. Max Payne 2 looks nice evven today in resolution and smooth framerate on PC.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Ho boy that had better not happen.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Woah woah woah. That's some major bullshit. That was one of the best features the Xbox store had and how I re-downloaded stuff when I switched my 360 boxes a few years back. There's so much stuff I've bought and would like to re-download at some point.
When it comes to Max Payne 1 & 2, they should rather re-release them based on the PC ports, with 60fps and all. Max Payne 2 looks nice evven today in resolution and smooth framerate on PC.
The game looks nice and would benefit from a PC port but it would get a ton of hate with how dated some aspects of it feel. It would need a remake if it was brought back imo.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to manually manage saves? This fucking cloud save bullshit just fucked me. It was having trouble syncing, and I had to restart the game 3 times. It finally went through and turns out it deleted like 2 hours of progress. Mother fucker!

Just give me control of my saves. I'll back them up. This so stupid.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Is there any way to manually manage saves? This fucking cloud save bullshit just fucked me. It was having trouble syncing, and I had to restart the game 3 times. It finally went through and turns out it deleted like 2 hours of progress. Mother fucker!

Only way is if you have a 360 as cloud saves can be manually messed with there.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

I stopped playing Lost Odyssey because I lost 5 hours of progress. I had to reset the xbox for some reason. I was so pissed and never touched the game again.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
That's garbage. Sony killed it with user friendliness in interfacing with the PS4. Meanwhile, the company that makes Windows has the worst dashboard and can't do a good way to copy and paste some simple save files.

I agree that the lack of being able to mess with your saves on Xbox is a big issue. I assume it's to prevent save editing but that's not even a major problem on PS4 so it's rather annoying. Especially since as said prior, you can edit with a 360 and still upload to X1 making the lack of editing 360 saves at minimum rather odd.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing Lost Odyssey because I lost 5 hours of progress. I had to reset the xbox for some reason. I was so pissed and never touched the game again.
I would hope that they patch in a way to copy saves directly in to the One by the end of this generation, because could you imagine how ridiculous it would be if you still needed a 360 to do that by the time Xbox 2 rolls around? The cloud is nice, but unreliable as Xbox live constantly drops for me. It's just unacceptable to be subject to loss of progress from a flawed save mechanism.

I lost 5 little sisters, story progress, and the tonics I previously found exploring in between in Minerva's Den. I'm sure I was close to the end. My jimmies are rustled as fuck.

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Which one of the backwards compatible Final Fantasy games should I play?

I'm leaning towards FFXIII because of that (supposed) amazing Enhanced treatment.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
That's garbage. Sony killed it with user friendliness in interfacing with the PS4. Meanwhile, the company that makes Windows has the worst dashboard and can't do a good way to copy and paste some simple save files.
The dashboard itself isn't quite the problem there. You can't manage them because there's nothing to manage them with on the Xbox One. The 360/OG Xbox emulation has no true access to storage, so there's nothing to copy or move saves to.

Cloud saves should remain locally accessible though once fully synced, just like Xbox One titles. It should also be asking if you want to use the local or remote content if there's a conflict. Can't explain why you're having problems there.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Random question, I know that the standalone OG Xbox version of Grabbed by the Ghoulies is X enhanced but does anyone know if this extends to the copy included on Rare Replay, or is it maxed out resolution wise at whatever the game initially released at (1080P?)? I kinda want to replay it and wouldn't mind buying the standalone copy If there's an upgrade but don't want to double dip if it's not necessary.

Thanks! This topic basically sold me on buying an X a year ago.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Random question, I know that the standalone OG Xbox version of Grabbed by the Ghoulies is X enhanced but does anyone know if this extends to the copy included on Rare Replay, or is it maxed out resolution wise at whatever the game initially released at (1080P?)? I kinda want to replay it and wouldn't mind buying the standalone copy If there's an upgrade but don't want to double dip if it's not necessary.

Thanks! This topic basically sold me on buying an X a year ago.
I think the Grabbed by the Ghoulies version in Rare Replay is some kind of remaster made for the One and was not updated for X. It came before they added OG Xbox support.

Oct 27, 2017
Along with the legendary "Content not available" items. What were they? Who knows!?

Don't mean to go on a tangent, but does anyone know what items fall under this? TBH, I've been checking my X360 stuff the last few days, and could have sworn to purchased Marvel vs capcom Origins, and I have a ton of listings for Content Not Available. Any ideas is appreciated.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Don't mean to go on a tangent, but does anyone know what items fall under this? TBH, I've been checking my X360 stuff the last few days, and could have sworn to purchased Marvel vs capcom Origins, and I have a ton of listings for Content Not Available. Any ideas is appreciated.

delisted items that are also not downloadable again.