• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
With Portal: Still Alive on Games with Gold this month, I know Portal 2 is back compat, but it's one of the few games that requires the disc version to play, right? I can't just buy it digitally on the Xbox Live store?

Nov 1, 2017
I have the digital version (think it was GwG at some point?) and it plays just fine. I always thought if a digital version exists then you're good to go? AFAIK there are only a handful of BC games without a digital version that are pure disc only.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feb 27, 2019
Hoping for some BC news on IX at E3. Maybe at least a nod to OG Xbox games??

Not feeling as dire about BC this year as some (we've gotten some really big games even if they're not my favorites) but it's definitely been slim the last few weeks.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I'm wondering how many more games can they feasibly tap into from the 360 library without getting into licensing issues. Or maybe they're holding off on any major announcements till E3? We're long overdue for another round of OG xbox titles.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
If they run out of games they can just start enhancing more of them. Lost Odyssey looks just awful. Fix it!

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Every month or so I check the list for one or more of:

The Simpsons Game (2007)
The Simpsons Hit & Run
Burnout 3

And am constantly disappointed.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for some BC news on IX at E3. Maybe at least a nod to OG Xbox games??

Not feeling as dire about BC this year as some (we've gotten some really big games even if they're not my favorites) but it's definitely been slim the last few weeks.
Last few weeks? Try the past couple of months. The only game we got all of April was Ninja Gaiden 2 and May wasn't much better. Yes I'm aware they enhanced a few titles in April for the X as well but that didn't slow their output down the last time they released X enhancements.

Oct 27, 2017
Not anticipating anything until well after E3 at this point. Unless, of course, this significant lull is because they're preparing some sort of reveal for backwards compatibility that relates to Xcloud, which is the only reason I can think they would bother to mention it during a conference.

I've said this several times in this thread, but to date Microsoft hasn't ever revealed further additions to the program during their programs, only expansions to the program's capabilities. Wishing for otherwise is a pipe dream especially with how lacking it's been the past few months.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if BC team members moving off to xCloud a little while back was actually the soft end of the program and everything since then has been inertia.

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
🤞 for Original Xbox backward compatibility announcements, that or any BC-related announcements/drops are my most anticipated news going into E3/Inside Xbox.