• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
A few questions about the BC Sale

Which Splinter Cell you guys think I should get, Blacklist or Conviction?

Is the 360 port of GTA SA any decent? I remember reading it wasn't very good but I'd love to play through the game again

Is Kingdoms of Amalur decent on the 360 also?

Thanks for your help

The San Andreas port is pretty bad. Go with any other version if you can.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A few questions about the BC Sale

Is the 360 port of GTA SA any decent? I remember reading it wasn't very good but I'd love to play through the game again

Is Kingdoms of Amalur decent on the 360 also?

Thanks for your help
Blacklist is a way better game. It improves on everything Conviction did good and gets stuff from the old trilogy as well.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I like the backwards compatibility feature, but I don't use it a whole ton tbh. I think the most recent games I played were Red Dead Redemption (before RDR2) in 4K and Metal Gear Rising cuz of GWG

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Still weird Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie isn't available yet. Heard it was in testing a few months ago, hope it comes soon.
Tell me about it. It's even weirder that we got Transformed first since the first one doesn't really have any extraneous licenses to work out. Microsoft owns Banjo-Kazooie so I don't know what the holdup is.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else missing Aegis Wing in their ready to install list? It's listed in the store, the store page says that I own it, yet it is missing from my list.

I'm getting really annoyed by this kind of stuff. Why is it so hard for Microsoft to provide a complete download and purchase history?

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I like the backwards compatibility feature, but I don't use it a whole ton tbh. I think the most recent games I played were Red Dead Redemption (before RDR2) in 4K and Metal Gear Rising cuz of GWG
I would certainly use it more if more games were in 4K, that's for sure.

I tried Rising just to see how it looked and it's just not worth playing when there's a PC version that looks so much better. I would rather play stuff on console but not to the point where I'm going to play 720p games on an LG OLED. I do appreciate that it exists, but it's just not for me. Enhancements have spoiled me too much to go back

Last month was dope. Maybe only one new game, but 6 enhancements and that one game was better than everything announced this month so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I would certainly use it more if more games were in 4K, that's for sure.

I tried Rising just to see how it looked and it's just not worth playing when there's a PC version that looks so much better. I would rather play stuff on console but not to the point where I'm going to play 720p games on an LG OLED. I do appreciate that it exists, but it's just not for me. Enhancements have spoiled me too much to go back

Last month was dope. Maybe only one new game, but 6 enhancements and that one game was better than everything announced this month so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My thing about BC is that it makes more games easily accessible to me. I have so many games I can play it's unbelievable. Unlike anything I've ever witnessed in gaming. But, it's always a novelty to me. I get a BC game, try it, never beat it. Then I play Smite.

I can see how i would be frustrating if you had a killer pc rig. I just don't have that (I want it but i don't have the funds).

Oct 31, 2017
Anyways disappointed that the Ninja Gaiden games didn't show up, but then KT's always been stingy with sales.

I never saw NGB on sale until now lol

I love both. Start with Conviction ;)
If you can buddy up with somebody, Conviction has a really fun co op campaign.

Played it with one of my best friends. Shit was lit ! :D

Anyone think there's much likelihood of the other two OG Xbox Prince of Persia games coming?

Very likely IMO.

Last edited:

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
So, I re-played through Lost Odyssye recently. Great game.

I also bought Blue Dragon for the first time.

Chance of 4K updates?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Condemned weirdly seems to have framerate locked at 45 fps preventing the Xbox One and One X extra power to run above it. So next gen isn't going to help it get to 60 fps.

Whoa, so it's 4K enhanced with a fluctuating framerate? Thinking about double dipping digitally for the X, but is the performance solid?

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Bully for the first time. Pretty fun so far, but Biology 5 is impossible right? Fuck that class! Ive retried it 20 times. I even know about the double stick speed up, but that hardly helps.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if I get Gta4 Complete edition on disk, will I still have to swap between the disks if I want to play the main game or the DLC episodes? Thanks

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I would assume today is the last day to get some new BC titles for a while given that this thursday is a holiday and next week is E3 week ans its usually quiet a few weeks after E3 as well.

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
So my digital copy of Final Fight simply stopped working, aka "you don't own this item" and "please sign in with the account used to purchase" or whatever.

I'm pretty sure I own it since I've played it a lot. Anyone experiencing this? By any chance was this a Gamepass game that got pulled off?

Weird.

Edit: so I tried redownloading it. It worked. Actually, I switched to the region where I bought it from first, then redowloaded, then it worked. So thanks for the tips!

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
No new games for today. I would say that the BC team probably took off for Memorial Weekend but we haven't had any new games for two and a half weeks now, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, I don't think we've ever had new BC games on a Tuesday following a 3-day weekend in the States in which Monday was a major national holiday.

The BC team operates almost independently of E3, right? We don't get huge games made available then, etc? So I think there's still hope for this coming Thursday, rather than something being saved for 11 days from now.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
So my digital copy of Final Fight simply stopped working, aka "you don't own this item" and "please sign in with the account used to purchase" or whatever.

I'm pretty sure I own it since I've played it a lot. Anyone experiencing this? By any chance was this a Gamepass game that got pulled off?

Weird.
Have you tried to redownload the game? I just downloaded it and it works fine.

My Game Pass sub expires in august. I expect a lot of licencing fun when that happens. Currently more than 80 games that I own, that are also available on Game Pass, have disappeared from my ready to install list.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

Weird.
I dunno what to say, I mean I just booted it up to check and it's working on my end. I don't remember it ever being a Game Pass game.

Oct 27, 2017
No new games for today. I would say that the BC team probably took off for Memorial Weekend but we haven't had any new games for two and a half weeks now, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man, at this point in the year, with how close we are to E3, I can only see a drop of games this thursday AT BEST and nothing else until a couple weeks after E3 itself. I'm not counting out hearing nothing yet again this thursday though...

I might be alone in this but I gotta say I'm genuinely nearing the end of my rope of any enthusiasm to follow the latest additions to the program on a weekly basis with all the inactivity the past few months and complete silence on OG games for more than a year now.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'm gonna guess no. Seems like if there's news or an announcement on a BC day, we get nothing.

I'll be very happy to be wrong though :)

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. Just like today. I don't know why some people keep expecting them to announce BC stuff during E3 when the only time that happened was when they launched it.

You're being so negative. Obviously they'll anounce e.g. at least 20+ OG Xbox games there because not releasing any for the last year or so definitely is no indication at all that we should expect any less.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nothing. Just like today. I don't know why some people keep expecting them to announce BC stuff during E3 when the only time that happened was when they launched it.

Because they are conditioned to get something week to week, and need excuses or big events to justify the total lack of new releases lately.

Microsoft set the expectations. Their entire PR angle is to run silent for half a year, shit all over us with hype for future games and hardware, and it is always a coin toss as to whether they deliver on it.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
If there is any BC news at E3 it'll probably be on Inside Xbox not at the conference.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I don't expect them to focus on BC any more at conferences until we are close to xCloud release on new console. Then it'll be mentioned as being able to play all gens of Xbox games in the cloud.

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
Finally getting round to playing GRAW2. I have the Legacy edition on disc but can't seem to install the dlc. The disc just boots up the game and I can't see anything in my ready to install list for it. Any ideas or is it not supported?

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't get my OG Mirror's Edge disc to work even though it's backwards compatible. Anybody else have this problem?