• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 27, 2019
Man, definitely a bummer. Wonder if the reason for the slowdown is licensing or the size of the team and that X enhancements seem to take a lot of work?

Hoping for more in May.

Oct 27, 2017
No new games for today.

A grand total of ONE new game in all of April. JFC.

That's gonna be a YIKES from me, dawg.

I'm not holding my breath for much of anything else for the rest of the month. There's yet a real possibility that last week's games are the last for April in total, given the amount of effort the X enhancements seemed to require to become possible.

I don't enjoy being completely spot on with my most pessimistic of a projection but here we are.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm having problems buying 360 games on Xb1 or browser. Keep getting a "sorry purchase can't be made at this time" error but it's been going on for months. I've talked to support to make sure my billing and payment info are all in line with my account region (I've moved a couple of times) and even had my age verified, but no dice. Any idea what could be causing it?

Apparently it can be caused if you have added a new card and your bank doesn't authorised the test purchase they send.

Have you tried via PayPal instead where this isn't a problem?

You could even try calling your bank up after a failure and checking if they had any blank/small purchases not authorised

Last edited:

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Could the current drought be caused by the month-long vacation back in December? We had a pretty good run of releases since the beginning of this year, and was curious how/when that December break was going to affect the release pipeline.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Could the current drought be caused by the month-long vacation back in December? We had a pretty good run of releases since the beginning of this year, and was curious how/when that December break was going to affect the release pipeline.
Hopefully it is a drought so they can throw loads at us during E3.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it is a drought so they can throw loads at us during E3.

I don't intend to begin sounding like a wet blanket but, to date, they've never once added specific games during their E3 conferences and throughout the week of E3 for that matter. Any mention of backwards compatibility has been related to expansions to the program, both in 2015 and 2017, and total zilch in the other two years.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
My gut feeling is that the BC team is working on some stuff that will impact BC in a positive way next gen. With Microsoft AI combined with what the BC team has already been able to do with existing games, don't underestimate the potential there. Seems logical Microsoft would continue to stay one step ahead in BC while being able to demo the power of machine learning at the same time. We've already seen examples of AI able to recreate textures on very old PC games. Why not on the next Xbox if it has a much more powerful CPU (and potentially a AI chip)?

In conclusion, I don't believe the BC team has run out of work.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Setting up my "new" 360 and I remembered I can download muhfuggin Marble Blast Ultra and Scott Pilgrim.

Makes me both excited and sad at the same time. Excited to revisit them, sad about the state of game preservation in general. And Microsoft is the only console company even making an effort.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Setting up my "new" 360 and I remembered I can download muhfuggin Marble Blast Ultra and Scott Pilgrim.

Makes me both excited and sad at the same time. Excited to revisit them, sad about the state of game preservation in general. And Microsoft is the only console company even making an effort.

Those two and Afterburner Climax were the first three games when I bought a used 360 S this past November. Glad to have access to them again. Wish the Download History menu was more usable.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Going back has been an adjustment. I didn't have many digital games back then so I didn't notice it, but mannnnn it's crazy how much better the Xbox One is for managing your digital library.
Man.... it's sucked for a good while now for me lol.
Especially since DLC is lumped in that list on the 360 with the games. I've been buying digital games on Xbox for more than a dozen years now, not to mention all those damn Rock Band songs (and all those arcade game trials). I was hoping when that site they used to have to see your 360 purchases got fucked, it meant they were re-doing it all so it would be more in line how it works on the Xbox One. No such luck, it seems.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
hey I got one on my list :) Trials Evolution! Apparently it's delisted, too. I don't think I've seen a delisted XBLA only game go BC?

Wants for 2019:

Blur
Retro City Rampage: DX
Fez
Simpsons Arcade
Costume Quest
Marathon: Durandal
Turtles in Time RS
TMNT 1989 Arcade
Trials Evolution
Worms 2: Armageddon

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, Razor's Edge. I'll have to buy a copy of it and try it again... I couldnt stomach it when it first came out (vanilla)

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Never tried NG3 might bite for cheap just to check it out

Trials being BC is awesome love that game , I'm legit down to like 3-4 360 games out of 50+ 👏

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see more Ninja Gaiden! I never beat that one, but I bought it last year when out of the blue I just wanted copies of every game in the "modern series" (I didn't get NG3 or NG3RE on PS3 too, though, but I did get a copy of Sigma 2| already had Sigma 1 ) Don't know if I'm willing to spend 30 for a digital copy. Might wait for a sale for that.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I never tried either of the NG3 releases, but I now feel compelled to buy a copy of Razors Edge so I have all three games available on one system.

Anyway, nice to see some additions :)

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I like Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. Huge step up from the original version (though still the weakest game in the trilogy). I have it on Wii U, though...

I do have Trials Evolution, so I'll try that later.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Razors Edge is fine, it's not 1 or 2 but it's not completely awful. Glad to see it here as it's not like there's a lot of good action games that play similarly this gen

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'll just hook up my 360 at this point to knock out the handful of games I have that I doubt will come to BC. Would have finished them ages ago if I had just done that to begin with.

Oct 27, 2017
The following Xbox 360 games are now compatible on Xbox One:

-Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
-Trials Evolution

It lives! Ubisoft continuing with their commitment to the program. Also seeing Koei finally becoming active contributors, here's hoping some of the DOAs arrive on both gens. Not to mention Fatal Frame 2 on OG Xbox (who am I kidding?)

Also, on a separate note, was there anyone here wishing for that one Konami IP from last gen, Blades of Time, to be compatible? That might be a bit unlikely after a rather surprising remaster for the Switch announced today. FWIW.

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/blades-of-time-remaster-coming-to-switch-on-may-14

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
I have the original Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 3. I know Ninja Gaiden is NOT backwards compatible, as only Black works. I'm guessing it's the same case for NG3 as it's technically a different game.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
No thread for NGIII and Trials Evolution? I don't even care about NG anymore, the biggest sin was already commited, but i remember a lot of people wanting Evolution

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I feel like I'm the only one here who has always kept their Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles hooked up. Heh.

Anyway, Trials Evolution didn't want to load up the save files that I had on the cloud. I can't retry uploading them from my Xbox 360 because that requires Gold, and I don't have that on my account right now (I can use Gold features on Xbox One due to my brother's account, though). Guess I'll start up from the beginning on Xbox One.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I have the original Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 3. I know Ninja Gaiden is NOT backwards compatible, as only Black works. I'm guessing it's the same case for NG3 as it's technically a different game.
Correct. We do not assume (or expect) that the vanilla version of Ninja Gaiden 3 will be compatible with Xbox One.

No thread for NGIII and Trials Evolution? I don't even care about NG anymore, the biggest sin was already committed, but i remember a lot of people wanting Evolution
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-now-backwards-compatible-on-xbox-one.114747/