• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a random question. I'm browsing OG Xbox one x enhanced games
Grabbed by the ghoulies. I have it in rare replay. But I guesS it's not enhanced there ? Need to buy the stand alone ?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, playing Fable 2 felt like booting it up the day it came out back when I was in school.

No jaggies, super clean, framerate is definitely improved, at least in the main Bowerstone market square.

Absolutely fantastic!

Conviction is also freaking CLEAN, though it seems certain lights are bugging out now - minor flickering.

Downloading Fable 3 and alas gonna miss out on Blacklist, region locking.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Guess I can retire this question in the FAQ in the OP lol

Is Ninja Gaiden II BC yet?
No, and it never will. Get over it already.

Feb 27, 2019
Happy for you guys about NG2, though it's not my cup of tea, and the enhancements are cool—still was hoping for a few more games and a drop of OG Xbox games. Oh well.

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
I would really appreciate it if you guys can post any links to 4K video goodness and/or 4K Xbox One X enhanced pics of NG2 cause I won't get a chance to try NG2 before the weekend.

Oct 27, 2017
Man only one new game today after weeks of nothing. Sure it's one I've been wanting but still disappointing that we didn't get more than 1.

I don't doubt for a second that the backwards compatibility team gives it their all to be as productive as they can be, but for them to need the program to pause for 3 weeks in order to prepare or even finalize 6 X enhancements is totally a sign that the department is considerably understaffed for all the tasks they've been assigned between continuing a consistent output of 360 additions, the occasional X enhancements, and Original Xbox BC. I dreaded that the team would have too much on their plate when the expansion was first announced in 2017 and the gaps between X enhancements and the near dormancy of OG Xbox games only adds to that likelihood.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
Our only hope for OG BC revival now lies in the E3 IX special. Doubt it will happen though, it'll probably be used for promoting E3 stuff. I won't be able to retire my OG anytime soon then.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes you have to do a cold boot to refresh the cache that prompts the console to to and seek the file for the BC diwc
Yeah, I remembered this from before and just did a hard reboot. It's installing now.

I didn't do a "hold the button down" reboot. Just went to the settings menu and did "full power shutdown."

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Very disappointed with the inside xbox, I was expecting more og xbox games. It's been a years since the last batch.
Honestly I'm with you on that.
We were told from the beginning that the rights to these 15-year-old games were really hard to untangle - and so the amount of releases would be drastically less than what we've seen for the Xbox 360.
So now I feel like its time for a point-blank answer. Is this it for Original Xbox titles?

If so, its sad...but understandable. And I think the lingering question should be addressed. I really thought today was the day for more games.

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of communication has always been the backwards compatibility team's greatest weakness. I know that the apologists usually frame it as a way to rein in expectations that ensures no promises are explicitly broken, but that completely denies any sort of middle ground, the most minimum of courtesy to acknowledge that they are hearing the wishes of the interested and enthusiastic customers.

Honestly what would you do if you knew what they were working on ahead of time? What's the point?

I know they are listening due to all the awesome most requested games they've released, including ng2 with X support.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fable 2 getting One X enhancements is a bigger deal to me than NG2 to be honest, that freakin' game looked like a blurry mess and ran at a rock solid 25 frames-per-second.

I'm still hoping for more OG Xbox games one day :(

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
I felt a bit sad after they said "that's all of the Splinter Cell games!" after they said the 360 games were all Xbox One X Enhanced.

Razors4edge

Nov 12, 2017
Lol just one shitty game.

Disappointed.

6 games. If you are referring to NG2, why not celebrate the fact that this is a gem for many people, only on X360 in low res and tanking framerate, finally has seen the daylight it deserves.. I mean, If Lost Odyssey came. I would be happy for those that like it, even if I'm not into it. That also is a game only for X360.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
NG2 at long last is fantastic and those Splinter Cell enhancements are nice, but admittedly I was hoping for a bit more.

Max Payne 3 is still at the top of my list and its such a glaring omission considering pretty much everything else Rockstar put out last gen is BC.

No OG Xbox stuff is also disappointing.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6 games. If you are referring to NG2, why not celebrate the fact that this is a gem for many people, only on X360 in low res and tanking framerate, finally has seen the daylight it deserves.. I mean, If Lost Odyssey came. I would be happy for those that like it, even if I'm not into it. That also is a game only for X360.

1 game. I own an S. X enhancements mean nothing to me.

I am happy for those who wanted it. But i don't want it, therefore i'm disappointed myself. Especially after them saving those revelations for this show like they did.

And Lost Odissey is already BC. I know, because i own it.

Nov 13, 2017

Where are you getting 6 new games from? The splinter cells and fables were on my list long before today.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
X enhanced titles are awesome news! Have splinter cell conviction and never played. Blacklist would be a good/likely future gwg. Nice to have the fable trilogy too.

Also ng2 is finally here but I honestly would have preferred sonic 06.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like people prefer quantity over quality. They'd be happier with 4 shitty Lego games over a highly anticipated game like Ninja Gaiden 2. I will take NG2 very happily, thanks.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Seems like people prefer quantity over quality. They'd be happier with 4 shitty Lego games over a highly anticipated game like Ninja Gaiden 2. I will take NG2 very happily, thanks.
It's fair if NG2 isn't everybody's cup of tea.
It was the only new BC release after a lot of hype, and there's surprisingly little bitching about it here.

If the BC announcement was for Rallisport Challenge 2 or Buffy, I'd be over the moon but probably most people here would be complaining. Can't please everybody.

I would happily sacrifice NG2 4K for the above games, btw, but what can you do

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I still want BC game downloads on Windows 10, old Xbox Live virtualized for OG BC games, and System Link tunneling via Xbox Clubs for OG and 360 games.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
That tweet doesn't directly address the specific glaring question of Original Xbox compatibility which is the main worry and disappointment myself and many others here have expressed.
I mean anyone could of told you that the OG Xbox BC run would be short lived. The rights to a lot of those games are so tangled up that it's almost impossible to bring those games back. Some of those companies don't even exist anymore and the licensing is in purgatory.

My fantasy-wish is for MS to figure out a way to basically bake in OG Xbox hardware into a SoC like chip so they can get hardware BC working on the Next xbox and sidestep a lot of the re-licensing issues. Yeah you would have to own the disc to play but I would rather that than not being able to play at all besides hooking up the old XBox.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I am wondering about the performance of Fable 2 on Xbox One X because I remember it being a sluggish mess on the 360.

Razors4edge

Nov 12, 2017
1 game. I own an S. X enhancements mean nothing to me.

I am happy for those who wanted it. But i don't want it, therefore i'm disappointed myself. Especially after them saving those revelations for this show like they did.

And Lost Odissey is already BC. I know, because i own it.

Yeah my bad, 6 games got enhanced. Not new for the first time. Lost odyssey enhanced would be great for them that want it. If you have S, I understand.