• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
....I'm very disappointed. I'm glad that NG2 is announced. But....that's basically it for me. I was hoping for more than one title.

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy with Ninja Gaiden 2 and the Splinter Cell games being X enhanced.

I'm greedy and I want more. But these games that weren't 720p originally getting 9x bump in resolution is just amazing.

Blacklist update appears to be live. Installing now.

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
NG2? Enhanced as well on X?

1311.gif

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Nice list. I'll get some use out of those patches for sure.

I have to say though that I'm really disappointed with the slow pace of OG Xbox enhanced games. I got Panzer Dragoon Orta for which I will forever be grateful but man there are so many OG Xbox games that I want to see happen!

Considering the Splinter Cell theme, fucking Chaos Theory man!

Oct 27, 2017
Now what do we ask for?

For the Original Xbox backwards compatible side of the program to finally be revived after a full year? I really thought there'd be some answer this month to mark a full year without additions.

I'm glad NG 2 arrived but apart from it the announcements were generally underwhelming, at least for me.

Hopefully the folks demanding X enhancements will be pacified for a while.

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
Glory to Itagaki, Ninja Gaiden 2 has come.

My energy now moves to getting the Capcom Super XXX Fighter HD Remix games added to BC.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy for people excited for NG2, but man, I was really hoping for some original Xbox games. I can't believe the original Splinter Cell isn't BC yet.

Oct 27, 2017
New X Enhancements is always excellent news.

But personally, not a great reveal for me. And honestly the continued absence of anything to do with OG Xbox games is just irritating at this point. Why not even just give it a nod to say you're still working on it? It's been a fucking year.

Oct 27, 2017
How long has it been since the last batch of OG xbox games went BC?

More than a year.

New X Enhancements is always excellent news.

But personally, not a great reveal for me. And honestly the continued absence of anything to do with OG Xbox games is just irritating at this point. Why not even just give it a nod to say you're still working on it? It's been a fucking year.

Lack of communication has always been the backwards compatibility team's greatest weakness. I know that the apologists usually frame it as a way to rein in expectations that ensures no promises are explicitly broken, but that completely denies any sort of middle ground, the most minimum of courtesy to acknowledge that they are hearing the wishes of the interested and enthusiastic customers.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I meant since there's no PC version, and Double Agent had an awful PC version ported from the PS2 if I remember correctly. There's a few cross gen games from that era that were better on the 360 than on PC, like the original Just Cause.
The original xbox version of Double Agent is the definitive version.

Oct 27, 2017
I meant since there's no PC version, and Double Agent had an awful PC version ported from the PS2 if I remember correctly. There's a few cross gen games from that era that were better on the 360 than on PC, like the original Just Cause.
Double Agent on PC was the 360/PS3 next gen version. It was just a really bad port or a game that was already divisive.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man only one new game today after weeks of nothing. Sure it's one I've been wanting but still disappointing that we didn't get more than 1.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Don't forget that the Splinter Cell games are on sale now too:

Splinter Cell Conviction - $9.99
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $7.99
Splinter Cell Blacklist - $7.99

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is effing rad. I don't know how much I care about the Fable games, but the Splinter Cell and NG2 X-Enhancements are a godsend.

Also, this is encouraging for the likelihood of OG Xbox Splinter Cell games, which are almost weirdly high priority for me.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Well, it's still the Ubisoft Shanghai version of DA and not Montreal's, so no. That's not BC yet.
The original xbox version of Double Agent is the definitive version.
Double Agent on PC was the 360/PS3 next gen version. It was just a really bad port or a game that was already divisive.
This got me so confused, I just realised now that the PS2 and Xbox version of Double Agent is completely different from PS3 and 360.

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay
Shit I have to wait until tomorrow to try the beauty that is Blacklist in 4K. Also this will definitely get me into the Fable games. Man this console is a blessing for highly replayable games.