• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I really enjoyed Hydrophobia at release, and was a bit sad that it never got a continuation.

I also remember getting very confused trying to find my way around Durandal's levels.

I really wish we could get all the DOA games back-compat before 6 comes out. We could have the entire series playable on XBO!!

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, no. It's downright impossible to find some of my old delisted games or DLC to download onto my 360.

Not impossible, however extremely annoying.

Load up your download history on the Xbox 360, you will probably see a lot of "Content Not Available" strings pop up. Some of the delisted games will show up as "Content Not Available", however when you click on them and it loads, it will show you the actual game. So you won't know until you click it.

I just went through this about a month ago, downloading all my Xbox 360 stuff to a external hard drive and that's how I found The Simpsons Arcade, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, Earthworth Jim and many others.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed Hydrophobia at release, and was a bit sad that it never got a continuation.

I also remember getting very confused trying to find my way around Durandal's levels.

I really wish we could get all the DOA games back-compat before 6 comes out. We could have the entire series playable on XBO!!

If they did that..
Many would skip 6.
I personally wouldn't even think of 6.

Oct 27, 2017
First time this year, I think, there's been announcements without a gap of a week or more between.

Also the first few XBLA games added in quite a while.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
If they did that..
Many would skip 6.
I personally wouldn't even think of 6.

I think some would skip, but I don't know if it'd be that many. I would personally absolutely love to have a playable version of DOA2 again, after my DC died :( But I'd still be buying 6.

EDIT Also, I said 'before 6' as I thought it'd be a nice way to get people hyped for the new game, by celebrating its history on Xbox. But I'll still be over the moon if they come months from now :)

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Seems like I am the only person in the world wanted condemned 2. The game was great and died with last gen since it never got a pc release :(

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Lost Planet 2 online coop is the gift that keeps on giving. Currently messing up some fools with a crew composed of Frank West, Albert Wesker, Dom Santiago, and Marcus Phoenix.
Would it be possible to get into LP2 fresh now or would I just get in people's way and make them mad?

Seems like I am the only person in the world wanted condemned 2. The game was great and died with last gen since it never got a pc release :(
Never assume that! I'd be thrilled for Condemned 2.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember they patched the PS3 version into "Hydrophobia: Prophecy" with an actual end-game boss fight and a ton of gameplay quality of life fixes, including redone voice acting for a certain annoying character. 360 users got shafted. If you can play Prophecy on the PS3 or PC, that's the better version.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Ten years ago, people said the same thing. And here we are. Millions of working Xboxes are out there. ~24 million of them were shipped. Working Dreamcasts are out there... and far less of them shipped than that. Even working Saturns are out there... and far less of those shipped (even less than Dreamcasts). Just for example. OG Xbox games are also quite inexpensive right now for the most part (unlike the rarest authentic Saturn games).

I'm not trying to pick on you, nor am I trying to single you out at all. The truth is, hardware failure can happen to any PC or device, regardless of BC or software compatibility. Original Xbox consoles can also have HDD failures (known as error code 7), just like a PC can. But they can also be repaired and/or replaced in such cases as well. If it were me, I'd do one or the other because I've chosen to keep access to the full library I paid for, regardless of Microsoft's current consumer friendly stance. And that is why I can still go fire up several games on the "extinction list" right now.

Note: My time capacitors were removed long before they had ever leaked and I've yet to have an OG Xbox hardware failure at any point thus far. They seem to be reliable from my experience. One is literally 17 years old and still whirring away. If that ever changes, then as an Xbox fan, I'd certainly take action in order to rectify matters.

Well...

I actually collect old consoles. I had an original Xbox since 2003 and it died on October 2018. Dont know the cause.

I don't like to open them up and mess with the hardware, so I just bought another one.

Still, its not a sustainable situation. I cant just keep buying failing consoles.

Only 2 consoles that have failed me in the last 20 years = Original Xbox and PS3 Slim 1.0. The rest (Genesis, SMS, NES, SNES Mini, PS1, PS1 Mini, N64, Cube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, 360, One X, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS2 Slim, Dreamcast, GBA, GBA SP, DS lite, DSi, 3DS, 2DS, PSP, GB Pocket) are all going strong.

May 21, 2018
Well...

I actually collect old consoles. I had an original Xbox since 2003 and it died on October 2018. Dont know the cause.

I don't like to open them up and mess with the hardware, so I just bought another one.

Still, its not a sustainable situation. I cant just keep buying failing consoles.

Only 2 consoles that have failed me in the last 20 years = Original Xbox and PS3 Slim 1.0. The rest (Genesis, SMS, NES, SNES Mini, PS1, PS1 Mini, N64, Cube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, 360, One X, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS2 Slim, Dreamcast, GBA, GBA SP, DS lite, DSi, 3DS, 2DS, PSP, GB Pocket) are all going strong.

Nice to see a fellow collector around here. Fortunately, this subject has already been dropped (so as to not 'hijack' the most beneficial aspects of the thread again). Therefore, please don't assume I am "ignoring you" by not replying to your quoted message directly.

I have a direct reply -- it's just being intentionally withheld, haha.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would it be possible to get into LP2 fresh now or would I just get in people's way and make them mad?

Never assume that! I'd be thrilled for Condemned 2.

Do what I do and mute them...I like the feeling of a whiny baby losing their shit and having absolutely no impact on me. I just play the best I can and follow their lead.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
So how is Marathon? I played the first one on MAC like 20 years ago. Can you play this one with no recollection of the first game story?

Do you need to buy it on the 360 first or can I find it on the Xbox One store?

Side question: I have the Quake II 360 disc that came with Quake IV. Would love to see that running on the One. Will probably never happen eh?

Oct 31, 2017
Is Lost Planet available digitally?

Only Colonies is up I think.

I wonder if the OG disc lets you download the Colonies edition... Did someone try ?

I bought it last year.

Haven't checked this thread in a while, no Ninja Gaiden 2 yet?

Not yet, Ryu is taking his time :P

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Well...

OG Xbox has a known issue with a battery/fuse in there IIRC.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Well...

If you collect old consoles, being able to perform basic repairs is an essential skill to stop what is a finite resource eventually running dry. If you need any help getting started Retro Era will gladly help you! The more of us out there who can look after these precious consoles to stop them going to waste the better. The OG Xbox is actually a joy to perform repairs on.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
I have hydrophobia somehow so thanks I guess. Always cool to be surprised by the ready to install list on a tuesday.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
If you collect old consoles, being able to perform basic repairs is an essential skill to stop what is a finite resource eventually running dry. If you need any help getting started Retro Era will gladly help you! The more of us out there who can look after these precious consoles to stop them going to waste the better. The OG Xbox is actually a joy to perform repairs on.

Thanks! Will contact you separately. Im interested in seeing what happened to the first one, and how I can prevent damage to the current one.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I would love to play this again. The last time I played it was in 2008 on the PS3. Any slight improvements would be excellent. I also replayed Condemned on the 360 a few years ago and it held up quite well.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Oh sweet. I bought Hydrophobia for a buck last year during a sale, but didn't get around to playing it. I retired my 360 a week later. This is good.

Feb 27, 2019
Wants for 2019:

Blur
Retro City Rampage: DX
Fez
Simpsons Arcade
Costume Quest
Marathon: Durandal
Turtles in Time RS
TMNT 1989 Arcade
Trials Evolution
Worms 2: Armageddon

Congrats on Marathon!

My list is:

360:
Blur
Asura's Wrath
Fez (is this not happening because Phil Fish hates Microsoft? no idea what could be holding it up other than that)
Mark of the Ninja

OG:
Timesplitters 2/3 (please!)
Simpsons Hit and Run

I finally packed away my 360 so really hoping these all come at some point! Backward compatibility is so awesome and MS deserves all the credit for this program. It really has me feeling good about the Xbox platform going forward.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on Marathon!

My list is:

360:
Mark of the Ninja

I finally packed away my 360 so really hoping these all come at some point! Backward compatibility is so awesome and MS deserves all the credit for this program. It really has me feeling good about the Xbox platform going forward.

When they released the Remastered version a little while ago, owners of the original got it for free (at least that's how it ended up in my install list) - so shouldn't you have this already in its improved form or do you explicitely want the old game?

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I'm glad to see people's lists are starting to get smaller to the point where it's only one or two games left for most, this program has made amazing progress since it's inception and I must admit, is much further along (well, 360 BC at least) than I thought it would be by this point as well.

I still have quite a few I'd like to see from 360 though:

FEAR Trilogy
Max Payne 3
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
El Shaddai: Acension Of the Metatron
Magna Carta 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Ninety-Nine Nights I & II
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City (I want all my RE games regardless of quality, and this is the last one left)
Binary Domain
Remember Me
Dead Or Alive 4
Virtua Fighter 5 (not Final Showdown)
Darkstalkers HD Collection
SoulCalibur V (dont see SCIV happening cause Star Wars)
Lollipop Chainsaw
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja & The Broken Bond
Way of the Samurai 3
Resonance of Fate
The Last Remnant
Nier
Anarchy Reigns
.....Ninja Gaiden 2

Etc.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
With Crackdown 3 now having launched and Crackdown 1 already being BC not having Crackdown 2 in the program is a shame. I know people like to write it off, but I just want to collect more orbs!

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

You'd be fine. The campaign structure actually feels really odd at first, with tiny chapters that you can technically rush though, with a ton of very different boss fights along the way. There's a guage for basically the collective respawn resources for the whole group you can add to by hitting different objectives or capture points, but that isn't really strained until the last handful of missions.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
quoted for truth.

(add Ninja Blade while at it for laughs and Soldier of Fortune 2 & Call of Cthulhu from the OG)
Was Ninja Blade bad? That's the From Software QTE "almost Ninja Gaiden", right? I thought I remember it being received averagely.

Edit: Oh, is it cuz NG2 will never (jk maybe) be b/c? I can see that being funny if Ninja Blade makes it.

Oct 31, 2017
Bionic Commando Rearmed 1?

Yup, pretty weird how R2 is BC but not R1.

I'd also love Bionic Commando 2009 to get BC.

I'd like that too.

Was Ninja Blade bad? That's the From Software QTE "almost Ninja Gaiden", right? I thought I remember it being received averagely.

Edit: Oh, is it cuz NG2 will never (jk maybe) be b/c? I can see that being funny if Ninja Blade makes it.

It's average with loads of (QTE) cheese. Monsters were done by the Lost Planet monster designer if I'm not mistaken.

I enjoyed it quite a lot back then, it's an interesting game and I think my very first FS game. With that said, it's nothing like NG :D

Last edited:

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

yeah i wouldn't rank it as amazing, but it is a From Software curio for sure and stuck on the 360.

Deleted member 34711

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
All these new BC titles have got me hyped, even if I haven't gotten anything from my short list for a long time.

360:
akai katana shin
mushihimesama futari
espgaluda 2
dodonpachi saidaioujou
raiden fighters aces
under defeat hd
ginga force
bubble bobble neo
ninja gaiden 2

xbox:
house of the dead 3
taito legends
taito legends 2
timesplitters: future perfect

*I am aware that many/most of these may never happen.

Last edited:

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
do BC games perform better on the XB1 S compared to the original XB1 black 500gb console?