• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Daytona USA 16x anisotropic texture filtering is gone......update disabled it.

I don't see how an update to the emulator would affect that when 16x AF is enforced at the system level on Xbox One X.

What's the source/example for this?

I just checked Daytona as well, and yup, totally missing the 16x filtering. It's back to the really crappy bilinear filtering.

It sucks, cause that one one of the games I was most excited about having improved filtering when I got my X. I wonder why they did that. I doubt enough people care for them to bother fixing it or ever saying why it was changed.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just checked Daytona as well, and yup, totally missing the 16x filtering. It's back to the really crappy bilinear filtering.

It sucks, cause that one one of the games I was most excited about having improved filtering when I got my X. I wonder why they did that. I doubt enough people care for them to bother fixing it or ever saying why it was changed.
I suspect it's a bug in the update that's affected it on a system level. Somebody needs to bring it to the attention of the back compat team.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I never heard any discussions of demos. Do BC games that originally had a demo available on 360 also have their demos available on Xbox One?

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Has anyone noticed this with other games? I'll try to assemble a list and see if it impacts other games or just Daytona.

Any extra info will help me build a case. I'm fairly sure that this was a mistake, though.

The only other 360 game I've tried so far is Burnout Paradise, and it still looks like it has the proper texture filtering.

I know someone mentioned that Perfect Dark was updated at the same time as Daytona, so I could try it out and report back.

Oct 27, 2017
The only other 360 game I've tried so far is Burnout Paradise, and it still looks like it has the proper texture filtering.

I know someone mentioned that Perfect Dark was updated at the same time as Daytona, so I could try it out and report back.

I tried a handful of random 360 games. So far, Daytona and Crazy Taxi are the only one's I've found that don't have 16x AF. They're both ports of Sega arcade games that use bilinear filtering by default, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Yes it was me.
Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark Zero got an update at the same time as Daytona. So these are 2 games that should get tested.

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah multiple times, even changed location, language, really strange.
I've seen multiple reports of issues with San Andreas, but everyone always seems to come up with a solution. Sorry, I haven't been following it closely myself. Maybe someone else can chime in here?

Otherwise, the only other thing I can suggest is contacting Microsoft themselves.

parrotbeak

Nov 1, 2017
My Panzer Dragoon Orta OG disc isn't scratched up and makes the BR player start and then tell me it's a Xbox disc and can't play. I gave up trying, may just buy the digital if I ever really want to play it, since it's only $10.

Oct 27, 2017
Found another game with messed up texture filtering.

Split/Second appears to have poor filtering.

I'm curious how many games are out there that this is happening with.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Really would love to have these games added to BC as I'm sick of booting up my noisy AF Xbox 360 to play them:

Anarchy_Reigns_DVD_NTSC_Custom_f1.jpg

ninjagaidenii_jpn-1000x665w.jpg

Asura_%2527s+Wrath+%2528COVER%2529.jpg

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
It was really only the PS3 version of NV that was particularly heinous; the 360 is fine. Same situation as Skyrim.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Still a little salty over the lack of BC news at E3. I bought Lollypop Chainsaw at a Blockbuster that was closing a few months ago. Really hope it makes the cut soon.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm starting to become a little bummed about the lack of the XB1X enhanced BC announcements as of late. Usually when things start feeling slow, MS announces a bunch of awesome additions, so hopefully that's the case again this time!

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the framerate situation is improved, but not entirely solved.

It's interesting (and makes sense) that basically any distinct moment where the framerate drops below 30 on the XB1 side, the 360 side registers screen-tearing, possibly in addition to its own drops. That's based on the first two-ish minutes, at least.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm starting to become a little bummed about the lack of the XB1X enhanced BC announcements as of late. Usually when this happens MS announces a bunch of awesome additions, so hopefully that's the case again this time!

The enhancements were done in waves. The first time was November alongside the first wave of OG Xbox games. The next wave was 2 months ago, once again alongside OG xbox games. There's definitely a correlation.

Therefore, expect the next wave around August / September.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
The enhancements were done in waves. The first time was November alongside the first wave of OG Xbox games. The next wave was 2 months ago, once again alongside OG xbox games. There's definitely a correlation.

Therefore, expect the next wave around August / September.
3 waves,
Nov 7th, 7 games in total, 4 announced on Oct 23rd, 3 more added right before launch
Feb 27th, 4 games
April 10th, 6 games

So, if we are optimistic, maybe the next Inside Xbox (speculate to be early July) will announce the next batch.

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was Unlimited 2 actually good? I played the heck outta TDU but never got around to even opening my copy of 2.
It's been too long since I played TDU1 so I don't really know the specifics. From memory: TDU 2 is larger, it adds the island Ibiza and adds new roads to Oahu (off-road). In some spots it was a downgrade in others it was an upgrade over the original. Overall I would say that TDU2 is the better game, whereas TDU1 had the newness factor of being a large shared world.

Sadly the servers for both games are no longer online.

Status
Not open for further replies.