• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
China
So, they did stealth update the Xbox Original BC on the 360

Look at the timestamp - first is from when I booted a game earlier this April. The next was today...

53e1718c26.png

c699e1f964.png

Look at the numbers however - why have a separate update for 360 BC? I scanned the XEX files in the packages, the latest date I found was November, 26th 2007, however the files inside ARE different to a point

769a6dff47.png

.xexp is a patch file, meaning something was changed on the 360 backend - some games may actually run better but I'm assuming it's specific to Xbox One related games. Anyone at MS want to shed some light?
The PAL version of Panzer Dragoon Orta crashed on the 3rd stage when played on 360. I guess they had to patch it now its availible on the store.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So, they did stealth update the Xbox Original BC on the 360

Look at the timestamp - first is from when I booted a game earlier this April. The next was today...

53e1718c26.png

c699e1f964.png

Look at the numbers however - why have a separate update for 360 BC? I scanned the XEX files in the packages, the latest date I found was November, 26th 2007, however the files inside ARE different to a point

769a6dff47.png

.xexp is a patch file, meaning something was changed on the 360 backend - some games may actually run better but I'm assuming it's specific to Xbox One related games. Anyone at MS want to shed some light?

It's becauss the 360 console contains a list of games and the settings to use for each title.

Because they have actually added new games to 360's BC for the first time , they've needed to push an update out so the console plays the new games

Deleted member 5727

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going for around $40 used on Amazon.

Although I am reading elsewhere on this forum that the vanilla version might download the GOTY version.

Yeah, I saw used copies of the normal (Platinum hits) version for $6-10. I just thought the $138 price was funny. Supply and demand, I suppose. Not many of those new copies still left. But used copies work fine for a game like this, because it's just a license check.

I'll miss that in-game map of the world, though. I had that thing pasted to my wall for 6 months.

Deleted member 5727

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question about 360 games on the X -- for the ones that are not "X-enhanced," do they upscale at all, or just play as if they were the original 360 versions? For example, the Mass Effect trilogy is not "X-enhanced." Would it just play at the original Xbox 360 resolution, or would the X1X upscale it somehow?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question about 360 games on the X -- for the ones that are not "X-enhanced," do they upscale at all, or just play as if they were the original 360 versions? For example, the Mass Effect trilogy is not "X-enhanced." Would it just play at the original Xbox 360 resolution, or would the X1X upscale it somehow?
They will play as if they were the original 360 versions but will have increased performance (faster load times, hit it's target framerate or resolution if it's dynamic more often or all the time) and at the hardware level have 16x AF. It will run at it's original native res and upscale to your TV or monitor's resolution. Enhanced titles have there native resolution increased.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck is the store so complicated when it comes to these OG Xbox games?

Can't find SSX 3 on the XB1 console store, it's not available to buy on the Xbox app. What is the deal?

Then there is all that stupidity with clicking on a game and it then saying "click here to see the price". WTF? Are you trying to minimize the purchases of these games? Do you not want my money?

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can't find SSX 3 on the XB1 console store, it's not available to buy on the Xbox app. What is the deal?

Then there is all that stupidity with clicking on a game and it then saying "click here to see the price". WTF? Are you trying to minimize the purchases of these games? Do you not want my money?
They're emulating the 360 store where they exist which is why it's weird.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't show up on the store for me either and my original Xbox disc doesn't work (just gives me a "This game isn't playable here" message). I'm thinking it's not available in my region (UK) yet?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

whalenapp81

Oct 29, 2017
To echo some of the Xbox One X store jank. I put some Microsoft Money on the console via a card. But couldn't buy the games with the money on Microsoft account either on X or website. So I had to load up 360 and buy them. Loving the trip down memory lane that playing these games is giving me.

brandonh83

Oct 25, 2017
To echo some of the Xbox One X store jank. I put some Microsoft Money on the console via a card. But couldn't buy the games with the money on Microsoft account either on X or website. So I had to load up 360 and buy them. Loving the trip down memory lane that playing these games is giving me.

I did this but don't have a 360. lol.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm on the fence about some of these games. I'm definitely getting Panzer Dragoon, which others hold up well? I'm interested in Breakdown but not sure how it plays.

Deleted member 5727

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They will play as if they were the original 360 versions but will have increased performance (faster load times, hit it's target framerate or resolution if it's dynamic more often or all the time) and at the hardware level have 16x AF. It will run at it's original native res and upscale to your TV or monitor's resolution.

Thank you. So it will upscale to 4K, along with the other benefits you mentioned. Nice.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Nevermind, I purchased and downloaded it but apparently I do not own this game or app. Shit's fucked.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This SSX 3 fiasco never ends. So it's finally visible on the XB1 store, but it's showing me the purchase price, even though I bought it earlier on the website.

So I push the buy button and it begins downloading. Success! Download finishes and I attempt to boot the game. "Do you own this game or app?".

For fucks sake

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Trying to play SSX 3 is the first time I've used my Xbox One in quite a while... and this is how it ends up going. Not a good look, MS. I wouldn't have bought the game if I knew I wouldn't be able to play it today.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
Really impressed with Jade Empire. Bout to fire up SSX then call it a night. Way too many games to play...

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having an issue when trying to buy Xbox original games from the web store where it tells you that you have no valid payment options even though your card is attached to your account?

I can buy regular Xbox one games fine on the same site, just not xbox originals

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone having an issue when trying to buy Xbox original games from the web store where it tells you that you have no valid payment options even though your card is attached to your account?

I can buy regular Xbox one games fine on the same site, just not xbox originals

They use the 'old' store with its own payment processor/system. It is annoying.

Maybe something is up with SSX 3.. I bought it on the web store but it isn't showing up on my XB1. The other BC games I purchased today showed up immediately.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
They use the 'old' store with its own payment processor/system. It is annoying.

How do I enter a new payment method? When it tells me I have none I enter my card and it tells me that card is already saved as a payment method.

I even deleted it from my account and re entered it, and it still tells me I have no valid payment method

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm in touch with Microsoft support, they say they are having some issues with Battlefront and SSX3. Mine isn't showing up on my Xbox after purchasing it on the web store.

BuddyC

Oct 27, 2017
SSX 3 digital works if you also buy Morrowind digital. Digital license shenanigans, ya'll.

This'll surely be fixed eventually, but for now, if you're eager to play...

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Breakdown aged much better than I expected. Just don't go in expecting an FPS. Go in expecting what Japanese developers thought an FPS was if they saw screenshots and had someone explain it to them inside an elevator.

Really cool animations and first person fighting.

Trying out Blinx, never played this before. Really cool 'fake' language and music so far. I have no idea what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.