• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I wonder what it would take to integrate the Xbox 360 store into the Xbox One store. I think that might cut off 360 owners and that's why they are holding back.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm kicking myself for not claiming the first few Games with Gold titles now, like Crackdown, just in case. I was specifically apathetic about the idea of claiming a "free" digital version of retail games games I already owned on disc back in 2013. I've since sold most of my physical 360 games (including Crackdown 1) and I didn't understand the convenience of digital on console (I felt digital was mostly for XBLA and disregarded Games on Demand) and I especially didn't envision something like X enhanced BC being a thing 5 years later. I caught on by 2014 w/ Xbox One and started claiming everything offered through GwG, even from other regions.

Gonna check out The Witcher 2, Fable Anniversary and Forza Horizon on the X1X today tho! Seeing Xbox One X settings in the 360 guide is a trip.

Oct 27, 2017
They were withholding Crackdown for X enhancements this entire while? Cool, never played the series and found a used copy of it for 5 bucks, should dive into it soon.

To think, everyone here was totally committed and prepared for Crackdown to be reserved for a Crackdown 3 pre-order bonus, damn well before era was born. I can yet envision that they would offer that along with Crackdown 2 for the pre-order bonus with the hope that the sequel will be ready for compatibility by then. Enhancing it for the X might also be strategic for reasserting the sentiment and perception that Crackdown is a series that's capable of strong visuals, after Crackdown 3's visuals' poor reception at E3.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
No, the 360 games are delivered on the back end by the 360 store that is region locked. Trust me, I need to work around this all the time.
Yeah, games and DLCs, though every now and then there's one that's not region locked.

I was able to buy some random Mass Effect DLCs (mostly those bonus armors and stuff and only 1 actual big DLC, Kasumi), but can't buy the actual games (I can play them thanks to EA Access, though!) and the rest of the DLCs. Last week I was able to buy Civ Revolution, even though a few months ago it told me it's not available in my region.

360 content is effed if you're outside the big countries. :/

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Crackdown is an awesome if inevitable addition. Also it's great they are doing the x enhancement for forza horizon 1 in particular because they can't even sell it anymore so it's purely a goodwill gesture. Looking forward to playing fable anniversary for the first time in 4k! Still loads of games I want added though..

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about picking up Fable Anniversary. I don't think I ever played it but fable 2 was one of my favorite 360 games. Is it similar enough? I need to find it used, not dropping 40 for a digital copy

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a quick comparison shot for Crackdown, its a huge difference. Also for those curious, when you switch between Performance and Graphics Mode, the game quits and has to be relaunched.

Performance Mode
crackperf.png

Graphics Mode
crack4k.png

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So it looks like the Performance setting sends the resolution back to the game's 360 res. Halo 3 looks rough!

No HDR in Crackdown, but looks great in graphics mode. I might try and get hold of Riot Act so I can 1000g it again.

Fantastic news though, it's one of my favourite games ever, I hope Crackdown 2 isn't far behind.
As it shares the same engine with Burnout Paradise, I wonder if EA will let MS bump it to 4k...... I think we all know the answer to that one.

no HDR in Fable either, which is a shame, I was hoping that all UE games would let them do it

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a quick comparison shot for Crackdown, its a huge difference. Also for those curious, when you switch between Performance and Graphics Mode, the game quits and has to be relaunched.

Performance Mode
Graphics Mode
Thanks for this. I had to hard reboot to get the updates to show up and now I have like 7 or 8 to download (edit: 9, every X enhanced BC game. I guess to add the "modes").
Yeah, that looks like a pretty significant difference. I'm usually a framerate over visuals guy, but I'm going to have to see how well the visuals mode holds up before I make a choice.

Yeah, all three Fable games are on Game Pass.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to have to do some comparisons for Witcher 2. The effects and textures in that game are still pretty good, it was the low resolution bringing it down.

Dec 11, 2017
Now that they've added a toggle for performance and graphics, I hope they are preparing to flip the switch and make EVERY backwards compatible Xbox 360 game X enhanced.

Worst case you just flip it to performance.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently imgur and abload have a 10MB cap on still images, so here... (I wasn't want to imgtag pictures that large anyways, just link them.)

Witcher 2
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/chinohormann/screenshot/8336990 -Performance Mode
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/chinohormann/screenshot/8336991 -Graphics Mode

Yeah, not the best I'm sorry, but if you click on the image and mouse up to zoom to 100%, just look at the difference in the soldiers in formation. It's like... wow.

Now that they've added a toggle for performance and graphics, I hope they are preparing to flip the switch and make EVERY backwards compatible Xbox 360 game X enhanced.

Worst case you just flip it to performance.
That would be so nice. I'd love to see what changes the toggle could make for Mass Effect 1 (Or Ninja Gaiden II if it ever gets added...)

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently imgur and abload have a 10MB cap on still images, so here... (I wasn't want to imgtag pictures that large anyways, just link them.)

Witcher 2

Yeah, not the best I'm sorry, but if you click on the image and mouse up to zoom to 100%, just look at the difference in the soldiers in formation. It's like... wow.

Stop! This is too much! I can't take all this awesome while I'm stuck at work!

Such a great program though.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Witcher 2

compare2oos4s.gif

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Man i hope Crackdown gets removed from the index soon in germany :/ It happened with Gears 1 already so this needs to happen too.

Very hard to get a copy now for this game, especially without having a 360 around (to use vpn to buy the game digitally)

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new toggle's name is misleading. It doesn't make the performance in games any different to how they were running pre-patch. It'll be good for games released in the future, I guess. But then again, there One X enhancements shouldn't cause any issues in the first place. Now that I think of it, Skate 3 runs a bit poor with its patch. I'll give it a go without the patch being enabled. Anyone have any issues with other 360 enhanced games?

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Any word on Panzer Dragoon Orta becoming retCom? i have it but never came around to play it and that Digital foundry video got me thirsty. Too lazy to re connect my 360 tho u_u

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
MS has wizards, these upgrades are great. I could've sworn that I had Crackdown digitally via gwg, you still can't buy 360 games on the Xbox One or website with your account balance? For shame.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks lol. I was just gonna crop them, but all of a sudden I had to reinstall windows (like the second time this month!). Thankfully I keep routine backups. I think this thing you did here is better anyways.

Also, yeah... I'm the dork that reloaded the save to get "Atten-shun!" for Graphics and "At Ease!" for Performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.