• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Wow. They are engaged with the irrelevant titles still. SMH.
The amount of good games/most requested ones not BC yet is insane but they keep wasting time with the shovelwares.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I get mad they aren't making 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand BC either.

I've been tweeting 50 cent about it every month.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The amount of good games/most requested ones not BC yet is insane but they keep wasting time with the shovelwares.

Big factors for what gets added is (1) how quickly it can be playtested, (2) if there's a rights snag, and (3) if they run into issues that can't be worked around. The stuff added in the last week or so is hardly shovelware, too.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

The Magic games are not shovelware. They're actually pretty decent card games that hold up well. I think we should applaud them for every single title they add, whether it's of interest to us personally or not. Being able to revisit the library of a previous platform is one of the biggest advantages of Microsoft's current system.

Last edited:

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Magic games aren't shovelware lol

The Magic games are not shoveware. They're actually pretty decent card games that hold up well. I think we should applaud them for every single title they add, whether it's of interest to us personally or not. Being able to revisit the library of a previous platform is one of the biggest advantages of Microsoft's current system.
^^^and ya, this. I personally like that they are "preserving" smaller titles

Backlogger

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Do games ever come back after being delisted or do publishers not really care?

Depends on the publisher and why it was de-listed. If its a simple renewal of a single trademark or licensing agreement then it could come back if the publisher and the license holder cares. Some games get more complicated if they are dealing with multiple licensing agreements and in those cases it might not be a matter of caring but the situation is simply too complicated or involves too many parties.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, maybe Driver has a problem with the cars, music and maybe even locations, shops. I want it on digital. Wish they would say when it's getting delisted and put it up on sale, perhaps they did.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, maybe Driver has a problem with the cars, music and maybe even locations, shops. I want it on digital. Wish they would say when it's getting delisted and put it up on sale, perhaps they did.
Pretty sure they gave a heads up for a few games. Actually I'm not sure where the warning came from, but we did get warnings for the Marvel Vs. games (Origins, 2, and 3), Alan Wake, and Forza Horizon 1 off the top of my head.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure they gave a heads up for a few games. Actually I'm not sure where the warning came from, but we did get warnings for the Marvel Vs. games (Origins, 2, and 3), Alan Wake, and Forza Horizon 1 off the top of my head.
At least they gave away Forza Horizon with GWG right before it got delisted.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Big factors for what gets added is (1) how quickly it can be playtested, (2) if there's a rights snag, and (3) if they run into issues that can't be worked around. The stuff added in the last week or so is hardly shovelware, too.
I'm enraged so anything that isn't Ninja Gaiden 2, Tales of Vesperia, KofXIII, PGR4, Binary Domain, Sonic Generations, Forza 4, Metal Gear HD, Splinter Cell, Max Payne 3, Mark of the Ninja and Crysis trilogy is shovelware by default.

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like I'm the only person in the world shouting I NEED ROCKSTAR PRESENTS TABLE TENNIS TO BE BACKWARDS COMPAT. NEED.

Please? :)

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Wonder is they want a HD repackaging of Lost Planet trilogy...

Id be OK with that to be honest, the multiplayer cooperative in lost planet 2 is dead and a HD rerelease would bring back some life to one of the best experiences last generation had to offer.

Just hope it includes E.X. Troopers since we never got that on Xbox.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in particular felt so scummy because Capcom ported it anyway to PS4 and Xbox One digitally and physically, yet they're still not available on PS3 and Xbox 360. The way they went about it was pretty underhanded and felt like they wanted to get a few more sales in.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Capcom Sucks.

edit: They fixed the licensing issue with driver sf, is now in my ready to install list. Ubisoft is the mvp of bc

Last edited:

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, is there any way to play any of the backwards compatible fighting games with sticks? XB1 stick, 360 stick, Sega Activator, anything?

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
They all work with XB1 sticks as though they were 360 sticks. If you have a 360 stick, you'll need a Brook, cronusmax or similar as an adapter.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I do hope they can get EA to add Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge to Backwards compatibility. I can see some music licence issues though.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. I've used both a 360 FightingEdge and a PS4 Street Fighter V stick, both through a cronusmax with no issues. It just thinks they're an XB1 stick and it all works fine.
Well, it thinks they're XB1 controllers. This thread implies XB1 sticks may not work; only solutions that incorporate third party products like your cronusmax, though some replies state it works. I'll give it a shot.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Well, it thinks they're XB1 controllers. This thread implies XB1 sticks may not work; only solutions that incorporate third party products like your cronusmax, though some replies state it works. I'll give it a shot.

Ah... that may be the case then actually. Maybe ask oneida. I think I saw something about him picking up an XB1 stick a while back, and he'd have certainly tried playing VF5FS with it.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to dog pile but I was excited to see these games finally got BC treatment. Gives me a chance to play them again and try to get a few new achievements.

There are still a lot of games I want to see get the BC treatment, we probably won't get them due to licenses or the publishers wanting us to pay $60 again for a slightly uprez'd version.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Is alpha protocol ever gonna be backwards compatible? I've had a copy sitting around for like 3 years and really don't wanna hook my 360 back up.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when (or probably more fitting, if) there will ever be more OG Xbox games coming - seems like the first wave a few months ago nothing is happening anymore in that regard, unless I missed something?

Admittedly I'd prefer them to get through worthy 360 games like PGR4, but some originals would be awesome to have as well (like PGR2 our OutRun 2006) - ah well, probably won't happen either way.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when (or probably more fitting, if) there will ever be more OG Xbox games coming - seems like the first wave a few months ago nothing is happening anymore in that regard, unless I missed something?

Admittedly I'd prefer them to get through worthy 360 games like PGR4, but some originals would be awesome to have as well (like PGR2 our OutRun 2006) - ah well, probably won't happen either way.
They said the next update on OG Xbox games BC would be Spring.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Got back into Skate 3 this weekend, that game is still legit. Felt funny looking at achievement grant dates which were nearly 8 years apart.

Hope we eventually see Skate 1 & 2 on the program.
#skate4

Status
Not open for further replies.