• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
OP should say: Who Picks These Games?

Not a good selection to start off the new year.
I mean, I don't care for any of them either, but all three of those were popular, well-received games.

So..Lost Odyssey just got an update on my xbox..about 750mb. XBX enhancements or maybe an emulator update?
Odds are just them continuing the bulk update to the emulators they started a few months ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows how to download Driver San Francisco on Xbox One? The full digital version of the game, which I bought a while ago on sale, shows up in my 360 download history and on the Xbox website. However, it doesn't appear on the "Ready To Install" list. Going to the MS store through the One interface directs me to download it via the Xbox website or on a 360 system. However, if I try to add it via the Xbox online download history, I've got an error message saying the game is no longer available. Any workarounds?
Restart yo shit, maybe. Hard reset. If not that, then...who knows!

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Driver SF situation is weird. On the site, it comes up on search under both X360 and One, but if you select 'Buy' it takes you to the page that normally lists content for 360 games, but there's only a trailer in the list. No game.

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
Really happy Driver: San Francisco is back-compat, one of my favourite games from last gen for sure!

Outside of the Splinter Cell games, i think the majority of games i desperately wanted to be backwards compatible are on the 360 side, which is pretty amazing! I do hope some of the earlier stuff do crop up, like Dark Sector and Bullet Witch but for now I'm really happy with how successful this program/service has been.

Anyone knows how to download Driver San Francisco on Xbox One? The full digital version of the game, which I bought a while ago on sale, shows up in my 360 download history and on the Xbox website. However, it doesn't appear on the "Ready To Install" list. Going to the MS store through the One interface directs me to download it via the Xbox website or on a 360 system. However, if I try to add it via the Xbox online download history, I've got an error message saying the game is no longer available. Any workarounds?

Same issue here right now, hopefully it'll be ready by tomorrow.

Yeah, it was delisted

Gutted to hear that, I bet it's because of the music licensing (which was great, I still love to listen to that credits song by The Cure) super-glad I bought it on the cheap digitally!

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017

It's exactly the opposite for me: I'm pretty sure I never bought the game digitally (because I own it on disc), but when started up my Xbox One a few hours ago, it just showed up in the "Read to Install" list - downloaded fine as well and I just had a quick go with it.

This is really weird and while great for me, understandably a bad situation for you.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
It's exactly the opposite for me: I'm pretty sure I never bought the game digitally (because I own it on disc), but when started up my Xbox One a few hours ago, it just showed up in the "Read to Install" list - downloaded fine as well and I just had a quick go with it.

This is really weird and while great for me, understandably a bad situation for you.
Same thing happened to me. At first I figured I had purchased it digitally but when thinking about it I'm pretty sure I didn't and had only played it from the disc. Maybe they are granting a purchase online if you have used the disc version.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
It's not unheard of for newly BC titles to take a while to show up in "Ready to Install" in some circumstances. Especially if there are some weird circumstances (i.e. multiple versions of the game existed, game is delisted from sale, etc.) If you are sure you own it digitally and it's not showing up, try a hard reset, and if that doesn't work be sure to let MS know either via support, the Xbox forums, or directly on your Xbox if you are in the preview program. I can't remember which game it was but there was one earlier in the program that took a couple weeks to show up for me and others.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I also can't install driver sf and own it digitally. I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

Most likely, especially since it's listed like this in Major Nelsons Backward Compatibility list:

Driver San Francisco (available on disc or digitally if previously purchased)

Maybe they are granting a purchase online if you have used the disc version.

While that would be great (and even more so if that were true for all other games as well), it's highly doubtful since you obviously could so easily cheat to get the game basically for free. I know I had some stuff unlocked on Uplay for the game, but that also can't count as proof that somebody owns the game instead of just having rented it once.

My guess would have been it's some kind of error much like what happened to Sony a while ago with Knack 2 (which was free on release for a few hours) - but in that case it should haven shown up for everyone.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Driver SF situation is weird. On the site, it comes up on search under both X360 and One, but if you select 'Buy' it takes you to the page that normally lists content for 360 games, but there's only a trailer in the list. No game.
Is Army of Two in a similar situation? It also isn't downloadable despite being a current GWG offering. Just a demo available.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Love Driver, have it on PC anyway but it's a great title for those who haven't played it yet!

Apatxi Chief

Dec 2, 2017
Hard reset my system and it still doesn't show up. Sniper Elite V2 is there though. Guess I'll reach out to Xbox support tomorrow.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to dig out my copy of Driver. Held on to it through 3 moves, for some reason.

Also so nice of MS to put far cry 2 on sale the week it goes BC. Never got around to it back then, but heard a lot of good things (recently, people comparing BotW to it). Was also pointed to a 4 minute long video of the game's healing animations! I, uh, admire the devs' dedication.

Good start to the year.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is Driver the first time they've brought over a game after it has been delisted digitally? I know they've given out some of the older Forzas before they were delisted, but I can't remember if they've made a game BC after it was delisted. It's pretty cool they're bringing this stuff over to the one.

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
Is Driver the first time they've brought over a game after it has been delisted digitally? I know they've given out some of the older Forzas before they were delisted, but I can't remember if they've made a game BC after it was delisted. It's pretty cool they're bringing this stuff over to the one.

Pure was brought over after being delisted. I don't know if Blazing Angels was ever listed to begin with, but that might be another one.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Far Cry 2 and Sniper Elite! Damn what a good batch, I was just looking at Far Cry 2 on sale yesterday and wishing it was BC.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Just Batman AO got one last week and this week I got Lost Odyssey

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Always fun to see something you weren't expecting in your Ready to Install list on Tuesday and Thursdays. Had no idea I owned Sniper Elite V2 but there it was (evidently a Games for Gold title between when I owned an actual 360 and the backwards compatibility program went live)

Backlogger

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
So I hastily jumped on a copy of Driver on eBay trying to get it before the prices spike but when I got home from work I realized that I already own the digital copy. Oh well.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Last edited:

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, I'd been trying to accept that Outrun, PGR and Afterburner Climax weren't happening... but now I'm daring to dream again.

Jan 2, 2018
I bought Tales of Vesperia almost 2 years ago thinking it would probably sky rocket in price when it will be BC..figured at the time it will probably be only a few months until that...yeah,that copy is still sealed and collecting dust on my shelf.

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay
It'd make sense for them to start with the ones that are still digitally available (like the vast majority of the ones we've gotten), but maybe now some of those more difficult ones start popping up. I also had abandoned all hope for PGR4 but this changes things I think.
Such a great feature to have.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
It'd make sense for them to start with the ones that are still digitally available (like the vast majority of the ones we've gotten), but maybe now some of those more difficult ones start popping up. I also had abandoned all hope for PGR4 but this changes things I think.
Such a great feature to have.

I would love to see how well PGR4 holds up with a 4K update.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
MOTHER FUCKING DRIVER

I was literally on my 360 yesterday organising my pins and thought "Man I hope Driver goes BC one day"

Fuck me that day has come!

edit> Also for those having problems, downloading, MS will have to fix something because you can't even re-download Driver digitally on 360 from your download history. It errors out.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
So let me get this straight: Driver San Francisco was delisted, is a 2011 game with lots of licensed music and cars and it gets a BC release??

MAKE PGR4 HAPPEN IN 4K MICROSOFT!!!!

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The thing about licensing is that its not a deal breaker, its more whether they think its worth the time and effort and of course, whatever the original terms of licensing were.

The reason we don't get a lot more licensed stuff is publishers Can't Be Fucked to bother or too cheap to re-licence if they have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.