• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
When are they adding an option to buy BC games using MS store credit? It's been years, this is beyond ridiculous. They are missing out on so many potential sales because of this. Boggles the mind.

I can't remember where I saw it (Twitter?), but apparently they're working on it, i.e. unifying Xbox 360 and Xbox One stores. My guess is it's coming in an update some time next year.

Oct 27, 2017
Darkness took one off my list. I only have a few left:

Crackdown 2
Condemned 2
Enchanted Arms
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant (doubtful with the PS4 update)
Lego Lord of the Rings ( is this the only remaining lego game?)
Serious Sam Collection
Ninja Gaiden 2

Then a mess of old xbox games like Silent Hill 4 The Room.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i messed about with the settings in The Darkness and most of the control problems were coming from the auto aim, which is just terrible. Turned it off and now i can actually hit things, though i'm still not a fan of the reticle. Feeling better now about the shooting.

And the story just took a turn that i wasn't expecting. It's growing on me.I

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
They have to know it's heavily requested at this point. It's my most wanted BC title too. Hoping it comes before games like DMC 5 and Sekiro come out.
Is it? Or is it just this echo chamber? This is not a rhetorical question; I'm actually curious if there's still an existing ranking/voting system in place somewhere as I thought the old User Voice one was gone.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Is it? Or is it just this echo chamber? This is not a rhetorical question; I'm actually curious if there's still an existing ranking/voting system in place somewhere as I thought the old User Voice one was gone.

I mean you may be right, I have tweeted to Xbox before about it with a decent amount of retweets and I see it mentioned all the time on Larry Hryb's twitter so maybe they don't know the extent of how many people want it but I feel like they must know IMO.

Not sure about the voting, I remember it existing but yeah have no idea if it's something they still follow or if it's still online.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I hope Quantum of Solace and Bloodstone become BC, just so that I can play a James Bond game on the One. Better still, I hope Everything or Nothing is made BC...

(I know almost impossible due to licensing etc).

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Is Midnight Club LA supposed to be available? On the Xbox when I select 'See Price', where the price usually appears, there's just the word 'Buy', plus the usual confirm/cancel buttons. On the web, after clicking 'See Price', there's only the title and screenshots, with nothing else apart from a a link to the manual.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Midnight Club LA supposed to be available? On the Xbox when I select 'See Price', where the price usually appears, there's just the word 'Buy', plus the usual confirm/cancel buttons. On the web, after clicking 'See Price', there's only the title and screenshots, with nothing else apart from a a link to the manual.
The game was delisted last month.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
They are lagging so hard on giving us more 360 enhanced titles. It's one of my fav features of the X.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at that users list. I'm imagining a day where Major Nelson tweets out a BC update and it's just titled "All of the Cave shooters".

And all 20 of us Cave fans on Era will cheer in unison

Goddamn it - how did I not hear about this? Unusual for me to miss these things. :(

Weird that it still shows on the store on the console. Thanks for the info.

It's still cheap at EBgames if you live in Canada. It'll still download if you have the disc.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at that users list. I'm imagining a day where Major Nelson tweets out a BC update and it's just titled "All of the Cave shooters".

And all 20 of us Cave fans on Era will cheer in unison

It's still cheap at EBgames if you live in Canada. It'll still download if you have the disc.
Nah, I'm in Ireland. I'll try GameStop tomorrow.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

In 2018, Team Xbox added over 100 new titles to Backward Compatibility, bringing the full catalog to over 550 games – 57 of which are Xbox One X Enhanced. We're taking a break for the holidays, but stay tuned for more BC news in January. Until then, we'll see you on Xbox Live!

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

In 2018, Team Xbox added over 100 new titles to Backward Compatibility, bringing the full catalog to over 550 games – 57 of which are Xbox One X Enhanced. We're taking a break for the holidays, but stay tuned for more BC news in January. Until then, we'll see you on Xbox Live!

Booooooo
Lol

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Welp.

Kinda feel like we'll wait till like mid January and have a small game no need really asked for and then one people kinda wanted.

Of course that's subjective but oh well.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Aww. Oh well. They sure ended the year strong. Here's to a great 2019 (and hopefully some Original Xbox games).

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's kinda nice they gave us a heads up.

I'll still be lurking 'round these parts every Tuesday (and even Thursday) until next year though...

Oct 27, 2017
They closed it out with a banger by bringing us The Darkness and really this year has had more of my most requested games than 2017, at least.

I am, however, quite disappointed there weren't any more Original Xbox games added. I was prepared for the rate of OG games to be far less, but not nearly this infrequent, to the extent that there's now been 8 months since the last wave dropped. I sure hope that a single round of Original Xbox games per calendar year isn't the norm going forward.

I've been wondering for a little while when Ace Combat 6 will officially become playable, especially now that Bamco is ramping up the marketing for Ace Combat 7.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I've been wondering for a little while when Ace Combat 6 will officially become playable, especially now that Bamco is ramping up the marketing for Ace Combat 7.
Ace Combat 7 is releasing on January 18, so Ace Combat 6 has to be compatible around then. Maybe it'll become available the Tuesday before? So January 15? The BC program should be resuming then.

Oct 27, 2017
I played some Sonic Unleashed and Duke Nukem Forever tonight.

Sonic Unleashed is a lot harder to control than I remember. The first werehog stage took me 25 minutes to beat - that I did remember. Those stages are too long.
Also the framerate dropped noticeably when fighting a lot of enemies at once with lots of effects on screen. That surprised me as I'm on a One X.

Duke looks a lot rougher than I remember. Very blurry and low res. Load times are improved from what I remember but still pretty awful because of how frequent they are. I think there's a world where the good ideas in Duke aren't trapped in a bad game. Still a really interesting game from a history and tech perspective. I forgot it included a development timeline in the extras menu.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
They closed it out with a banger by bringing us The Darkness and really this year has had more of my most requested games than 2017, at least.

I am, however, quite disappointed there weren't any more Original Xbox games added. I was prepared for the rate of OG games to be far less, but not nearly this infrequent, to the extent that there's now been 8 months since the last wave dropped. I sure hope that a single round of Original Xbox games per calendar year isn't the norm going forward.

Agreed, I feel like there's almost nothing for OG xbox.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
If they just added SSX Tricky, JSRF and the OG version of Double Agent I would be content on the OG Xbox side. I've given up hope any Project Gotham will be BC.

Seriously Double Agent would be huge for us nerds. I wish they knew.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I mean you may be right, I have tweeted to Xbox before about it with a decent amount of retweets and I see it mentioned all the time on Larry Hryb's twitter so maybe they don't know the extent of how many people want it but I feel like they must know IMO.

Not sure about the voting, I remember it existing but yeah have no idea if it's something they still follow or if it's still online.
I'm sure they know. I'm guessing it's a matter of getting it to work properly, iirc they only start working on specific games once the emulator shows it can handle them. Maybe NG2 just isn't quite there yet.

Oct 27, 2017
The good thing when games I don't care about become BC is that the chance of games I want to be BC increases every time.

I'm still waiting:
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Eternal Sonata
  • MagnaCarta 2
  • Project Sylpheed
  • DeathSpank 2
  • Ninja Blade
  • Mini Ninjas
  • Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
  • Tenchu Z
  • El Shaddai
  • Beautiful Katamari
  • Nier
  • Enchanted Arms
  • Fez

And games that were ignored and got PS4 re-releases:
  • Resonance of Fate
  • Star Ocean 4
  • The Last Remnant

And games that were never released in the UK, so I can import the US version:
  • Operation Darkness
  • Spectral Force 3
  • Culdcept Saga

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017

🛐

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Looks like no more announcements until after the new year

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1070466932405526528

"In 2018, Team Xbox added over 100 new titles to Backward Compatibility, bringing the full catalog to over 550 games – 57 of which are Xbox One X Enhanced. We're taking a break for the holidays, but stay tuned for more BC news in January. Until then, we'll see you on Xbox Live!🎮"

Hopefully, Xmas sales, I want to buy darkness 1 but don't have gold :(

Oct 27, 2017
All I want is Burnout 3. If they give us that then I won't ask for anything else. I mean, they already sell a digital version of it on the 360, so I'd hope that licensing isn't an issue with it.

Overall though, this has been a decent year. Lots of games that I didn't think would get BC. Lack of original Xbox and X enhanced 360 games has been disappointing though. It's also annoying how many 360 games for whatever reason don't have the forced 16X texture filtering. I've tried logging it as an issue, but I doubt it's high priority.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I still hold out hope for Eternal Sonata. Icing on the cake would be X enhancements. Go ahead and enhance Lost Odyssey, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.