• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
nSFMztJ.png

Other notable news, Sea of Thieves jumped from 50 to 39. Brawhalla seems to be doing okay aswell.
This is only for the US, however it is the largest market and aside from sports culture differences tends to be a good global indicator.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Shouldn't BFV have performed better since it was aiming for a wider audience?

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft ended up backing the wrong horse with BFV and FO76. They are also offering 50% discount on the game exclusive to Xbox One.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow Six's staying power is ridiculous. I remember trying one of the free weekends about a year or so ago and wrote it off. I should definitely give it a second look.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout 76 having more players than BF5 is kind of funny. Good for those of us who want Bethesda to fix the game though.
Microsoft ended up backing the wrong horse with BFV and FO76. They are also offering 50% discount on the game exclusive to Xbox One.

I'm sure MS isn't pleased but it's not like this is something they could have predicted when the deals were made.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I posted a thread about it yesterday but Trueachievement is also doing some sort of chart and is based on people starting up the game and more "global" And runs from monday to monday.
This was this week lists

naamloosqtf9v.png

OP
OP
Maneil99

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I posted a thread about it yesterday but Trueachievement is also doing some sort of chart and is based on people starting up the game and more "global" And runs from monday to monday.
This was this week lists

naamloosqtf9v.png
Yah I saw that, it is interesting, not sure what to make of it. Forza Horizon 4 being 4th kinda makes me scratch my head.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Shouldn't BFV have performed better since it was aiming for a wider audience?

I think it mostly just came out at a bad time. The CoD BR mode was super hyped, Fortnite is still huge, PUBG is still big etc. Shooter fans only have so much gaming time.

I also thing a real world war game probably isn't the best genre to try for that wider audience. For lack of better terms, those games usually appeal hard to military types, "dudebros" and what not. That's not exactly the wider audience begging for more diversity in games. If any thing, they alienated a lot of their core base with the diversity approach since a lot of them are anti-"SJWs".

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 finally topped BLOPS4. I suspect it will continue at number 2 or 3 for the foreseeable future.

Marketing deals are made years in advance.

No battlefield is pretty niche

15-20+ million games sold with every mainline release since BF3 cannot be considered niche.

OP
OP
Maneil99

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
RDR2 finally topped BLOPS4. I suspect it will continue at number 2 or 3 for the foreseeable future.

Marketing deals are made years in advance.

15-20+ million games sold with every mainline release since BF3 cannot be considered niche.
Last week was RDR Online's beta, will be interesting to see how it does with player retention. With people finishing it's SP it will need to get players engaged online to keep in top 5.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Rainbow Six's staying power is ridiculous. I remember trying one of the free weekends about a year or so ago and wrote it off. I should definitely give it a second look.

yeah its weird how gaming is devolving (evolving?) into these games people play forever. in my case it's destiny.

one of the most impressive of these perennially played games on the list to me relative to hype and budget is Ark.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It is a really good game that has received stellar support post launch. They put out great new content frequently, have free weekends and sales often and they havent fragmented their userbase with too many gametypes/playlists and DLC ownership.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
one of the most impressive of these perennially played games on the list to me relative to hype and budget is Ark.
The sad thing is that Fallout 76 is a technical miracle compared to Ark. To this day Ark remains the only game which had so many technical issues that I couldn't keep playing. It also never seems to be discussed anywhere, yet it's supposedly one of the most popular games in recent years.

OP
OP
Maneil99

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well, hopefully BFV pulls a Siege.
Looking at DICE's post content issues with BF1 which they were obligated to do, and the lack of content released for Battlefront 2 (Which likely outsold this at launch) is unlikely.

Not to mention a good chunk of DICE has left BFV and returned to working on Battlefront 2 content.

Zeshile

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Kansas
I think it just came out at a bad time. On top of that though, the battle royale mode isn't coming until march. That right there is going to hold it back.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The sad thing is that Fallout 76 is a technical miracle compared to Ark. To this day Ark remains the only game which had so many technical issues that I couldn't keep playing. It also never seems to be discussed anywhere, yet it's supposedly one of the most popular games in recent years.

I know it mainly from my brother, a big PC gamer. He has a few revolving games he tends to always come back to in spurts along with new stuff. Ark is one of those (path of Exile, WOW are some more).

He told me the game is basically over though, no new expansions?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at DICE's post content issues with BF1 which they were obligated to do, and the lack of content released for Battlefront 2 (Which likely outsold this at launch) is unlikely.

Not to mention a good chunk of DICE has left BFV and returned to working on Battlefront 2 content.

How do you know? Also Sirland the lead dev said that the BFV launch support team is the biggest post launch support team they ever had.
And is also be done by most of the DICE sweden team where the Battlefront 2 post launch was mostly done by DICE LA.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield has been incredibly schizophrenic for the better part of the past decade. It doesn't know if it wants to be closer to COD or old school Battlefield, and DICE just throws random shit against the wall every iteration on top of constantly changing to the 'feel & flow' of the gameplay. It's like playing a lottery every release.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This was this week lists

naamloosqtf9v.png
Interesting to see MCC on here and not H5. The latest MCC update has got me logging in when I can.

It's kind of funny how wrong the critics were about R6: Siege.

Critics didn't get it wrong. The dev was very responsive to critics and eventually got the game right.

OP
OP
Maneil99

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How do you know? Also Sirland the lead dev said that the BFV launch support team is the biggest post launch support team they ever had.
And is also be done by most of the DICE sweden team where the Battlefront 2 post launch was mostly done by DICE LA.
How do I know what? DICE community manager for DICE LA said that a large part of their team was helping with BFV and is now back to Battlefront 2.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

EA doesn't put out as many games anymore so they hopefully aren't cutting these teams down too much just to increase the bottom line. They haven't proven they can maintain the GaaS approach well enough yet.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird one because the game has been really good about fan feedback and evolving, so what it is now is a prime example of a concept coming to its full fruition from a good but flawed beginning. Been a fun ride to see you over these three years.
eh, to me it was already great day 1. It had some technical issues (online related), but as far as gameplay goes, the quality was there.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I have RDR2, BFV, and Fallout 76 and to be entirely honesty I'm liking 76 better than the other 2. BFV is fun, but playing the same 5 or 6 maps over and over only entertains me for so long. RDR2 online is an auto aim grief fest. It my get better if they add free aim sessions.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
They thought using that setting was gonna get them a wider audience?

Pretty much. I tried BF1 and after BF4 it felt boring tbh.

I bought CoD for the first time in 8 years. As the BR mode was very enticing and have to say I'm enjoying it immensely.

I hope the next BF goes back to a more modern war setting.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
nSFMztJ.png

Other notable news, Sea of Thieves jumped from 50 to 39. Brawhalla seems to be doing okay aswell.
This is only for the US, however it is the largest market and aside from sports culture differences tends to be a good global indicator.

Wait is top 20 "bombing"?

Considering every game ahead of it on the list is a legit powerhouse game. Basically every game ahead is a household title known by people of all ages (Still never tried ARK)

Oddly enough Battlefield V is also rank 16 in the UK.
In South Africa making Battlefield 1 the game with gold pretty much cannibalized the BFV market as alot of people have now jumped on BF1 and see no real reason to buy BFV right now at launch seeing the influx of players has made some people who would have been day 1 BFV buyers jump back onto the BF1 instead.
Games are too expensive in Africa......they gotta figure out a way to make games affordable for us Africans.