• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's a commercial. We recognize it as such. It's not trying to act as if it is your friend. This recent surge of multi billion companies trying to find another way into our heads is bothersome.
Yes that's absolutely fine, and that's a perfectly valid point and reasonable discussion to have in response to the OP. It's the thread whining that's unreasonable.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I agree OP. Game pass Twitter has been really good. The Shadow of Tomb Raider Game pass ad is some of the best I've seen.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I have never seen that Gears 5 whisper dub, and now I need that more than anything else in my life right now.

Also, you people do know there is an ignore thread button, right? It makes it incredibly easy to ignore a thread you're not inclined to see. Alternatively you can just, you know, not post in a thread you're clearly not interested in (except to be a horribly veiled warrior. I promise you your chosen team is doing fine on its own).

Jan 4, 2018
Some of my favourites

For Jump Force

Fallout 4

Metro Exodus

Shadow of The Tomb Raider

That's some but there's many more (including the "leaked" emails)
I apologize to anyone that could be offended by me liking humorous ads instead of the typical ego-flattering "choosing us means you're cool/best", don't worry, I know Xbox Game Pass is not my friend (I wish though... sniff...)

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Some of you clearly need to play Outer Worlds on Game Pass and Game Pass for PC to truly appreciate the labor of the corporate worker.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Their marketing team needs to consult with the their social media team so they don't run into another xbone or xbox sad situation next gen.

Craymond

Oct 28, 2017
Portland
That's a pretty powerful scene, does Gears 5 do places?
I bet the first mission and was like yup new Locust, kill em, got it and played MP.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I agree 100%. I also find it interesting the PC Twitter actively interacts with people who tweet them too. It's not a new type of thing - just always appreciated.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Same boat here, I love the Game Pass tweets and understand that mega corporations aren't my friend. I get that people attaching themselves to brands isn't healthy but going so far in the other direction isn't great either.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
OP I agree with the idea of this thread. Once again however the HATE has taken on "new forms" and continues to amaze me!

Nov 30, 2017
Man, ResetEra really has a stick up its arse

OP I agree, I love the Game Pass Twitter account.
OP I agree with the idea of this thread. Once again however the HATE has taken on "new forms" and continues to amaze me!

I say this as a neutral observer regarding GP.

I dont see it as hate really. I think its the fact there is a new thread every single day about GP and how wonderful it is.

It feels like astroturfing at this point.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I say this as a neutral observer regarding GP.

I dont see it as hate really. I think its the fact there is a new thread every single day about GP and how wonderful it is.

It feels like astroturfing at this point.
How is that any different from all the "Switch changed my life" or "PS4 is a beast" style threads we got not so long ago?
Game Pass as a service has now come into its own. More people are discovering it, and they want to share their takes on it. It's not astroturfing. This is a gaming discussion, do you expect people to NOT talk about the most notable gaming service?

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I think I'd be more cringing about it if they were like using vernacular like "This is lit" and stuff but it seems mostly on brand with what they're selling and there's nothing wrong with a social media person (because it is humans behind it) enjoying the job while also serving their role.

It's not like they're lying about services or something, they're just making topical and relevant jokes and posts on the service they provide.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you guys are way to bitter or always look for a agenda. Its a thread about gamepass twitter being funny. And looks like more people get a chuckle.
Its always a good idea to take thing less serious and just look at positive side of things. Doesnt need to be all negative all the time. On here and in real life.

On topic. More people have some funny tweets or responses from them. Please share.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The "Re: Re: Re: Re: get over here" email from Scorpion got me good

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hahahaha

EObCxM0X0AQMohZ

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Totally agree OP! They're obviously having a lot of fun with that.

And of course, the usual bag of knuckleheads have to come in here and junk up the thread...

Oct 27, 2017
I've been telling Playstation many times to do a PSNOW account in a similar vain. With their push a few months ago, it seemed obvious

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Wow there are some real curmudgeons here, yes it's marketing, yes microsoft is a big eeeeeevil corporation, yes you are totally sticking it to the man dude!

The gamepass twitter if great, it's obviously done by a talented funny team that are having fun with it.