• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Very impressive, MS really are far ahead of everyone else in the BC realm.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Wish it was more games at the start. I wanted GTA5 and the Assassin's Creed games to have the fps boost though it's looking likely that Ubisoft games will receive the boost soon.

Any word on how quick other games will start supporting it?

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
Damn, just completed New Super Lucky's Tale in December. Check it out, it's totally charming.

But this is great news, looking forward to more games being added.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
This is great, hope they continue to expand the double frame-rate library.

Far Cry 5 would have been a better candidate. I don't want to play any of these games.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
4K120 on Super Lucky's is very promising. Already daydreaming about other games that could sustain and benefit from that treatment.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
super random selection, nothing for me but I hope this means the floogates are opening

OP
OP
TameLucas

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
Too bad the first batch only contains Xbox One games, as I'm excited to see what some original Xbox / Xbox360 would look like with those enhancements. But this is very promising.

Xbox is already my favorite place to play backwards compatible games, so I hope they also start joining Game Pass a bit more often.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I've been meaning to play Sniper Elite 4 but couldn't stand the 30FPS. So glad it is getting 60FPS support!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is so crazy that they're not going in and changing any of the game's code and, as far as the game is concerned, it's still running at 30fps.

To take a game like Far Cry 4 from 2014 and double it's framerate without devs having to go in and unlock it or do anything.

Really magic.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Nice initiative, but pretty meh choice of first titles to showcase it with. Excited to see which others they add in the coming months though!

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Too bad the first batch only contains Xbox One games, as I'm excited to see what some original Xbox / Xbox360 would look like with those enhancements. But this is very promising.

Xbox is already my favorite place to play backwards compatible games, so I hope they also start joining Game Pass a bit more often.
Isnt this updates only for One Games? I thought they said this at the first reveal last year

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah and hopefully resolution boost soon too. Some games would look so nice with it

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018

Give me Oblivion ASAP!

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually pretty neat. But it'll take a while for it to come to a lot of games; I exspect the overall selection for this to come to is going to be pretty small overall though

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Megaton! It kinda sucks that for the moment, they aren't adding games to the BC list anymore. But how to you make up for that? Oh, yeah... make the games that are available even better. Round of applause for you, Xbox BC team.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not here to complain, because I do think this technology is amazing:

However, Watch Dogs 2 is also stuck at 900p on Xbox One, because the game was never updated for One X. It seems like a funny choice to start with, where it can now run super smoothly but in a pretty blurry resolution.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome, obviously limited in scope right now but they always start small

Pss, Xbox team, now let's work on Resolution Boost!

This is the future MGSV deserved.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
It's insane how much better they at this than anyone else.
Maybe I don't understand, but isn't Sony also doing this? Like with the God of War patch? Granted, I don't know of any PS5 patches that boost to 120fps.

Is it different in that PS5 requires specific patches where this just requires a flag to trigger FPS mode?

Sorry, not trying to take away from MS, just trying to understand the difference.