• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It's such a wonderful game. Happy others who haven't gotten into gamepass will get to experience it as well.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Is there any way for users in countries like Singapore to get this game on Steam?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I've had this on my Series X for a while now, but haven't played it yet (damn you, Game Pass). I'm usually meh on Tell Tale / LIS type games, but I've wanted to give it a spin when I want something more story driven. I'll prob play it soon. Been seeing some good things about it.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am glad they tell me why, why they made tell me why free for me

Sorry had it do it.

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Looks like it's not up on Steam yet, but should be available soon. Either way, what a nice gesture! :)

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Very nice gesture by them. Trying to redeem this on Steam, but on my end only chapter 1 is shown as free. Anyone else facing this? (might not have propagated properly yet...?)

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
OP, are you sure it's supposed to be free on Steam too? I was able to claim it for free on the Xbox Windows App, but the game doesn't appear to be free on Steam at the moment (at least in Europe).

www.tellmewhygame.com

Tell Me Why free during Pride Month 2021! | Tell Me Why

This Pride Month, we’re making Tell Me Why free on all available platforms – Xbox consoles, Windows 10, and Steam. From June 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021, downloading Tell Me Why will give you permanent access to the title on the platform of your choice, even after Pride Month is over.

this news says so

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the heads up, got it on steam, i'll give it a try in the next few months.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Such a great game. I don't know how you'd do it, but I'd love more of that world.

Also, it put Coming Down by the Dum Dum Girls in pretty regular rotation for me.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Looks like Steam has updated

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Thought this was going to get a Series X optimization at some point, but now the site doesn't list it?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I actually think this kind of freebie promo for a game that deals with LGBTQ themes/characters is fucking excellent, as far as corporate messaging during Pride Month goes.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
www.tellmewhygame.com

Tell Me Why free during Pride Month 2021! | Tell Me Why

This Pride Month, we’re making Tell Me Why free on all available platforms – Xbox consoles, Windows 10, and Steam. From June 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021, downloading Tell Me Why will give you permanent access to the title on the platform of your choice, even after Pride Month is over.

Free to own forever on Xbox, Windows Store and Steam too.

litebrite could you raise awareness and add details from their reasoning into OP?

Our intention in making Tell Me Why free for June 2021 is both to allow even more people to access the game and to encourage our players to spend their money in places that will directly affect trans and queer communities. Here are some of our team's recommendations for where your money can go instead:
  • ✨Support games and interactive fiction from trans and queer independent developers. Some of our team's recent favorites have been That Which Faith Demands by Jenna Yow, Spirit Swap by Soft Not Weak, If Found… from DREAMFEEL, and Ikenfell by Happy Ray Games. (And don't forget that wishlisting a title, especially on a platform like Steam, goes a long way toward boosting its visibility for others!)
  • ✨Donate to a charity serving trans communities, especially those with a focus on Black, Latinx/Latine and/or Indigenous trans people.
  • ✨Donate to a mutual aid fund in your region.
  • ✨Give directly to a trans or queer person in need.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm on a self-imposed ban on DONTNOD games because of the gratuitous violence against the dog in LiS 2. I found it really fucked up, disturbing and over the top. I loved all of LiS before 2 so I was really crushingly disappointed about this. As far as I know they never rectified this or apologized for it or anything. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would be immensely interested in TMY if it was made by anyone else. This is made by the same people, right? 😔

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I'm on a self-imposed ban on DONTNOD games because of the gratuitous violence against the dog in LiS 2. I found it really fucked up, disturbing and over the top. I loved all of LiS before 2 so I was really crushingly disappointed about this. As far as I know they never rectified this or apologized for it or anything. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would be immensely interested in TMY if it was made by anyone else. This is made by the same people, right? 😔
It is made by a different team from LiS2

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed it on Steam. Been wanting to play this since release, so really happy to get it here.

Thanks for making the post :D.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
This is great,it's an excellent game.Also visually stunning imo.And the music is great too.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Gonna go against almost everyone in this thread and say that I found the game meh. I think it's still worth a play because the leads are great and you really don't see a ton of games with this level of trans representation, but I wouldn't say it was amazing or even great. I thought it was better than LiS2 though!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too crazy about the genre, but left pleasantly surprised with how good this was. Everyone should get this and give it a try.

Oct 28, 2017
I liked it, didn't love it. Felt it was the weakest Life is Strange game (Yes I know it's not actually a LIS game but you get the point). Bur it definitely had its moments and I would recommend it whether it's for free or not.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Y'all need to play this game. It is beautifully concise and yet is able to tell a heartfelt story relevant to trans issues that will likely be more relatable to a wider gamut of people who have had to struggle with identity especially as it pertains to the aspect of extraneous acceptance.

Also, it is a visual eye candy. TMW is aesthetically looks more like a direct sequel to OG Life is Strange than LiS: True Colours.

Finally, the VA is also remarkable. Personally I found Tyler Ronan's VA a touch weak in the beginning but as the story went on, it became better and better (esp. with each new episode).

Tell me why
Ain't nothing but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothing but a mistake
Tell me why
I never want to hear you say
I want it that way

I swear, the first time I read the title of the game, my mind immediately, like a reflex, did the same thing. Even now, I cannot say Tell Me Why and not immediately continue reciting the remainder of, I want it that way.

Muh 90s music!

God I feel old!

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
This is a very cool gesture from Microsoft and I definitely reccomend everyone to check out this important game.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Tell me why
Ain't nothing but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothing but a mistake
Tell me why
I never want to hear you say
I want it that way
:( I still need to play this game but there are so many and it's become sort of a running joke that when I name it into my friends group they start to sing this….

I don't think it will ever leave GP but I will buy it because EVENTUALLY I will play it because I love these games

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
So for me on Steam only the base game is showing as free. The other 2 chapters are still listed with price tags.