• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously i cant reveal any data but anime fans index exceptionally high on xbox

so this move makes a ton of sense

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
That's interesting considering Funimation is a Sony company.

Sony on Game Pass.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Time to rewatch Tenchi again.
I already have a funimation sub, just saying, it's time.
tenchi_universe__9667.jpg

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I binge watched my hero in like 3 days this week and immediately felt gross. But my god man; that anime is nearly at Naruto levels of hype. What a good dub. Just watched uzaki-Chan wants to hang out yesterday and that was pretty tight too. I laughed hysterically. Wonder if I'm strong enough to try dragon ball z. I've always hated it

Chouster

Oct 25, 2017
Would be great if GP started to include free access to movies / Crunchyroll / spotify.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I might be dense, but how exactly do you activate this offer? I have GPU, but no Xbox yet. Is it only accessible through the console? Do I sign up on Funimation's site using my Xbox-affiliated login information? The tweet in the OP is just a picture, so I feel like I'm missing something.

edit: n/m, found it further down the Twitter thread:

k2siRBE.png

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Tried claiming it this morning, but there are more steps to it than just "claiming it." Have to create a Funinmation profile for a free trial and insert your credit card and if you don't cancel before the trial expires, they will charge you, etc etc. All while using the Edge browser on the Xbox console as of right now. Wish it was easier.

Feb 9, 2018
Time to rewatch Tenchi again.
I already have a funimation sub, just saying, it's time.
tenchi_universe__9667.jpg

Tenchi Forever and the Tenchi OVA "Ultimate Edition" box set were the first anime DVDs I ever bought. I got them in like late 2000 or early 2001. The OVAs and "Universe" series were among my favorite series back in the very early 00s. I still remember watching the Tenchi Muyo in Love film on the Sci-fi Channel back in the late 90s, and then catching it when it appeared on Toonami back in the summer of 2000. Anyone remember this promo?

Hard to believe it's been 20 years since then. That was half my life ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Tenchi Forever and the Tenchi OVA "Ultimate Edition" box set were the first anime DVDs I ever bought. I got them in like late 2000 or early 2001. The OVAs and "Universe" series were among my favorite series back in the very early 00s. I still remember watching the Tenchi Muyo in Love film on the Sci-fi Channel back in the late 90s, and then catching it when it appeared on Toonami back in the summer of 2000. Anyone remember this promo?

Hard to believe it's been 20 years since then. That was half my life ago.

Pretty sure we're the same person haha
Totally had the $120 OVA box set with the cool Pioneer ads that were just a still image and written text.
Got all the movies and I love Universe.
I only bought one disc of Tenchi in Tokyo as the series didn't click for me.

Tenchi Forever is such a brave direction for the series.
And yes, I was driving around in a Toyota Camry bumping the soundtrack.

I nearly made a post in July about it's 20th anniversary.
Still love the show. And I'm still rockin that English dub like it 1999 lol

Check out this amazing site, still frozen in time.

The Unofficial History of Pioneer Anime ~ Box Art Gallery

The Unofficial History of Pioneer Animation in The USA.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for it the other day, gonna go through all of the Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, etc series...relive my childhood, coming home from school and turning on Toonami

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty amazing. This might be a little hypocritical but when AT&T started talking about downsizing I was hoping maybe Microsoft would snatch up CrunchyRoll with WB Games and roll it into Gamepass.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

You know what? That'd be pretty hype, not gonna lie. Game Pass insurance? Probably quite a few regional health insurance companies with a lot less than 15 million subs - plus they're probably relatively younger and healthier (though I hear gaming is a risk factor for slovenliness and obesity and proclivities toward violence and mental health issues..... ....... ........................).

We've found the imposter! Wait shoot, no, everyone's already been murdered... by ANIME.

That's pretty amazing. This might be a little hypocritical but when AT&T started talking about downsizing I was hoping maybe Microsoft would snatch up CrunchyRoll with WB Games and roll it into Gamepass.
Heh, I thought the same. But this is obviously confirmation that MS is buying Funimation, so.. ;)

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
That's interesting considering Funimation is a Sony company.

Sony on Game Pass.
If you are into conspiracy theories, Sony owns 95% of Funimation....
I'm shocked that Sony approved this.

I'm curious as to which companies you all work for, and if you regularly interact with people from adjacent companies that are owned by one larger company at the top.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Would be great if GP started to include free access to movies / Crunchyroll / spotify.
It would, but these deals aren't that, they're simply designed to get you used to having the channel/service there for months and once it's in your routine and you already have your parment set up it's easy to just end up sliding into the subscription, even if it's just for a few extra months. Netflix got me via PSN the same way thanks to all the kids stuff my son could access whenever. Fucking worst freebie I ever got.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft going hard and I gotta respect that. Might have to really consider gamepass since it's available on PC as well. Didn't think I'd wind up in their ecosystem again after the disastrous Xbone reveal years ago.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's other businesses have rarely intersected with their games business. That has been true for nearly two decades. They basically operate independelty. So not really that interesting.
I'm curious as to which companies you all work for, and if you regularly interact with people from adjacent companies that are owned by one larger company at the top.
This is -signifiacntly- more proof that Sony is going third party than the Blue Xbox Controller being proof that Microsoft is buying Sega!