• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
This is so fast it just looks like a calculated move lol.

They probably have this ready in case the reaction / backlash is furious. Now they look like they listen :p

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow, genuinely shocked at this. I did not expect them to backtrack on this the same day they announced it.

Awesome they're dropping Gold for F2P games too.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
this definitely feels like a "two people were split on this high-up and they went with it anyway then one guy says 'I TOLD YOU SO'"

admittedly, in big companies, this does happen. sometimes decisions get stalemated, and the consensus becomes let's do x and make sure we can still quickly prepare for doing y.

Nov 27, 2017
California
If anything they should've announced this at the start of Xbox series s / x

a random day in January was pretty dumb

good that free to play games don't require gold now

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Good news but there's a tinge of sadness to this display. Price hikes aren't a whim. They are deliberated extensively. They knew backlash was possible. Or they are extremely stupid. Not sure what's worse.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
WOW Never seen a reversal that quick AND they fixed the F2P pay wall

Good stuff but please don't nerf GWG into the ground February actually looks great

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
If anything they should've announced this at the start of Xbox series s / x

a random day in January was pretty dumb

good that free to play games don't require gold now

A random day in January when everyone is home cause of a global pandemic when a lot of people lost jobs due to it. What were they expecting lol

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me wrong, but isnt Phil Spencer only below Satya Nadella in Microsoft hierarchy? I heard that he was promoted into a VP position where he only has to give answers and reports to Satya Nadella

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I was seriously thinking of selling my Xbox after my gamepass sub expires too. This is do strange. Like if you want to increase the price of gamepass, if understand. But doubling the price of Gold was insane.

I know the price is back to normal and F2P games are now truly F2P, but this was so weird.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So they could've done this from the jump.....but instead decided it would be better to raise prices during a global pandemic and get killed on social media. I don't understand the decision there. They would've had AMAZING press had they announced F2P games no longer locked behind a paywall.

I actually think it would've gone mostly unnoticed....

Not now though.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good shit, happy that I'll soon be able to stop buying XBL Gold for my little bro as all he plays is Fortnite/Roblox on his Xbox.

JeffG

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
This was done to see what they can get away with .
The backlash being so loud and so fast put a end to it also fast .
But no matter the company they will always try to push as far as they can get .
all the rumors' previously match they ended up on

The details of what the original announcement didn't actually make sense vs Game Pass

But they get a full day of advertising

But who knows...