• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Xbox One Sale Roundup: December 8th, 2020

Discounts on Grand Theft Auto V, Project Root, Beach Buggy Racing, Super Toy Cars, Bridge Constructor, Rock Band 4, Hyperdrive Massacre and more

Sorry for the delay. Some decent prices this week. Should be closing in on the end of year sale in about two weeks.

I can personally vouch for FAR: Lone Sails. Very charming and good game!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Tempted by Inertial Drift and Where the Water Tastes Like Wine.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is grabbing the Rock Band Rivals Bundle, it includes all Rock Band 4 songs and the stuff from Rivals (more song plus new modes)

The Rock Band 3 export which was meant to expire on December 1st is still up- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rock-band-3-export-pack/bv9gkpvvw5qw

that'a 83 songs for $15, if you ever plan on getting back into Rock Band, I'd suggest to grab this export at least since when it's gone it's gone.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's difficult keeping track of Xbox 360 games when all platforms now are combined and you don't have an xbox one or aren't sure which games are Xbox 360 games based on the link.

What are the odds of perfect dark HD being on sale for the Xbox 360?

FatalT

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
What's up with rock band? What instruments does it use now?
I was kinda wanting it but just saw on Amazon how expensive instruments are. Rock Band 4 comes with an adapter to use the 360 wireless instruments but it's like $389 for the adapter and game on Amazon. Nope.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What's up with rock band? What instruments does it use now?

On Xbox, it's a bit tricky.

If you get instruments for Rock Band 4 or Rivals. You do not need the Mad Catz Wireless Adapter (average $200).

If you already have all your Xbox 360 instruments, getting that adapter may be your best bet. The $400 bundle Fatal mentioned it's if it includes the game (which makes no sense since the adapter alone goes for $200 and the game is cheap).

If you don't have any instruments at all, don't bother since they are hard to find at a decent price.

I spent like 2 weeks checking daily, found a Band set for $100 on Facebook Marketplace.

I'm glad I got back into the game, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't suck getting the instruments.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
If anyone is grabbing the Rock Band Rivals Bundle, it includes all Rock Band 4 songs and the stuff from Rivals (more song plus new modes)

The Rock Band 3 export which was meant to expire on December 1st is still up- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rock-band-3-export-pack/bv9gkpvvw5qw

that'a 83 songs for $15, if you ever plan on getting back into Rock Band, I'd suggest to grab this export at least since when it's gone it's gone.

I would get this if Microsoft whitelisted the rock band 1 wired instruments. I don't understand why they won't.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who plays on a set of failing Rock Band 4 drums, they really need to just do some type of low risk partnership to get new instruments on the market. Don't make them in bulk like before, but give people an avenue to either get in or stay in once they're invested.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who plays on a set of failing Rock Band 4 drums, they really need to just do some type of low risk partnership to get new instruments on the market. Don't make them in bulk like before, but give people an avenue to either get in or stay in once they're invested.

They should do a Kickstarter or something, seriously.

It'll show how many people actually want new instruments either way and it'd be zero risk because they'd get the money up front.

All those new fans going out and buying DLC tracks too... Feels like a no brainer. Unless they already have the data that shows that it really is a tiny minority. Dunno.

Having said that, there are almost certainly minimum order limits with the manufacturers who make the instruments. You probably can't go in and say 'hey, we need 1,100 instruments making'. You probably need to order tens of thousands to make it make sense.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
They should do a Kickstarter or something, seriously.

It'll show how many people actually want new instruments either way and it'd be zero risk because they'd get the money up front.

All those new fans going out and buying DLC tracks too... Feels like a no brainer. Unless they already have the data that shows that it really is a tiny minority. Dunno.

Having said that, there are almost certainly minimum order limits with the manufacturers who make the instruments. You probably can't go in and say 'hey, we need 1,100 instruments making'. You probably need to order tens of thousands to make it make sense.
That would be nice too. Going with Fig for Rock Band PC was a huge mistake (along with some other unforced errors, but it might be time for them to give it a second try.

I was thinking just thinking if I can order a metal DDR pad from Poland on a per-order basis, surely Harmonix can partner with one of these popular 3rd party controller manufacturers and make something work.

Jul 26, 2018

How do you play RB? is it fun with the xbox controller or do I need to buy all the hardware?

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How do you play RB? is it fun with the xbox controller or do I need to buy all the hardware?

I use the instruments. If you use the Xbox controller, you can only do vocals. (Any USB Mic works to play the game). Finding instruments for Xbox One/Series can be a bit tricky. (At least at a decent price that is). Check Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, Mercari (If you're in the US. The Facebook Marketplace is usually the place I've seen them the cheapest). eBay is a hit or miss. If you get the Rock Band 4 or Rivals equipment, you don't need any adapters. If you find old Xbox 360 gear, you require the Wireless Legacy Adapter (which usually goes for $200). If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.