• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
There's some stuff there I want but my backlog is too much.

I need to finish stuff before even thinking of spending money on video games.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It isn't currently on sale, maybe in the next days something else drops?

I picked it up on this sale this time last year, it was 33 bucks (not sure about the Euro price).

I'll keep my eyes open, I'm going to buy it either way but would always be sweeter to get it at a discount.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Lol @ Middle Earth Shadow of War Definitive Edition being $15 (75% off) in the US but £20 (only 50% off) here.

WB are a garbage publisher with terrible practices. They have decided that instead of using regional pricing to make games affordable in all markets, they will use it to try and price gouge people instead of charging everyone a fair price.

Spiegel

Oct 26, 2017
Can I buy BC games with MS credit?
I redeemed a 10€ gift card to buy Blue Dragon and Panzer Dragoon Orta but it doesn't let me use the credit.

Is there any way?

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Lol @ Middle Earth Shadow of War Definitive Edition being $15 (75% off) in the US but £20 (only 50% off) here.

WB are a garbage publisher with terrible practices. They have decided that instead of using regional pricing to make games affordable in all markets, they will use it to try and price gouge people instead of charging everyone a fair price.
Its kinda funny to see you repeat this every year lol. Though I agree WB is the absolute worst offender in terms of regional pricing. Although it doesn't seem as severe on PSN, its just that WB don't change their RRP at all and just up the discount percentage instead of lowering the base prices first.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Been mentioning this in most sales threads myself, it's absurd. One big issue is that base prices often get corrected in the US, but not elsewhere, and then the sale price is also shifting based on that. Arkham Asylum had the 70 Euro price tag in Europe for the longest time even when the US marketplace brought it to 40 USD, so when the game got a 50% and it was 20 bucks in the USA, it was still 35 Euros in Europe, basically twice the price. They're absolutely horrible when it comes to regional pricing, and in fact I barely bought a single game by them this generation for this reason - when the USA has these sweet deals with their new hot game for like 10-15 bucks, and here I'm supposed to either do region trickery or get it for twice or thrice the price, I can live without it. Most of their games come to Game Pass anyway, so...

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Its kinda funny to see you repeat this every year lol. Though I agree WB is the absolute worst offender in terms of regional pricing. Although it doesn't seem as severe on PSN, its just that WB don't change their RRP at all and just up the discount percentage instead of lowering the base prices first.
Haha, I do mention it quite a bit! It just annoys me is all, I could understand if they did this for one sale and then corrected their prices, but at this point, it's obviously intentional.
Been mentioning this in most sales threads myself, it's absurd. One big issue is that base prices often get corrected in the US, but not elsewhere, and then the sale price is also shifting based on that. Arkham Asylum had the 70 Euro price tag in Europe for the longest time even when the US marketplace brought it to 40 USD, so when the game got a 50% and it was 20 bucks in the USA, it was still 35 Euros in Europe, basically twice the price. They're absolutely horrible when it comes to regional pricing, and in fact I barely bought a single game by them this generation for this reason - when the USA has these sweet deals with their new hot game for like 10-15 bucks, and here I'm supposed to either do region trickery or get it for twice or thrice the price, I can live without it. Most of their games come to Game Pass anyway, so...
Yep, same here - I don't buy their games on console any more. I'll either wait for them on Game Pass, rent them or buy them for cheaper on PC, where they seem to have grasped the concept of fair pricing.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've heard mostly that the Ultimate Edition in-game contents are not worth it since the game throws so much equipment at you. Gold is perfectly fine because you get all the major DLCs, and AC3 and Liberation.
Thanks! I had Origins Gold and it included some stuff I never used, as I got so much gear by playing the game. I'll get gold then :)

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm bummed I want to play Panzer Dragoon Orta, which is on GP, which I subscribed for...but it won't let me download it because it's US only so the only way for me to play it is purchase it. I know it's only 5€, but I'm not even sure I'll like it.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm bummed I want to play Panzer Dragoon Orta, which is on GP, which I subscribed for...but it won't let me download it because it's US only so the only way for me to play it is purchase it. I know it's only 5€, but I'm not even sure I'll like it.
Did you try to install it from the US store? I just tried it and it let me remote install the game. But I can't access my xbox right now to see if it works. I'm in Germany if that matters.

Buy Panzer Dragoon Orta | Xbox

You are Orta, a new and shining hope. Upon a fearsome dragon you must fight to save the world from total destruction.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Did you try to install it from the US store? I just tried it and it let me remote install the game. But I can't access my xbox right now to see if it works. I'm in Germany if that matters.

Buy Panzer Dragoon Orta | Xbox

You are Orta, a new and shining hope. Upon a fearsome dragon you must fight to save the world from total destruction.
I did that but when I boot the game it askes me to insert a disc or purchase the game via the store.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Bought my 6 year old Lego Harry Potter collection and Spyro Trilogy. He loves to play coop with us in all the Lego games.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ - Ultimate Edition does cost less than the fighterz pass 2.
how the hell?
i really think about just selling my physical and buy this, but i will resist. what kind of price is that?!?! i would like to buy the pass2, but not for that price.

except for that, iam not interested in any of those prices, just too expensive.

i would love to see those flash sales sony did back in the ps3-days, where they were selling a few games each for 1-5€, instead for the full price of 9-20€.
i think they only did that in US/CA, but still, this would be very cool.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself Control and NFS Heat, and I'm good. Backlog and Game Pass means it's pointless to get more, these two I'll play right away however.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RE2 or AC Odyssey? What would ERA recommend?

Both are excellent but completely different. If you want a shorter, more focused experience, go RE2, if you wanting huge open world that's 80-100 hours deep go Odyssey. Odyssey was my GotY last year, RE2 is my GotY thus year, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
The Missing is still not on sale on Xbox store, but it was on Steam a while back.
Did they forget they released it on the Xbox store?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
No dlc salefor the 360 tittles? ☹️

RE2 or AC Odyssey? What would ERA recommend?
Both amazing games, but they're very different. It comes down to what kind of game you're in the mood for at this moment.

Lengthy action rpg or 8 to 12 hours of perfectly executed survival horror.

I've finished RE2 about 10 times already.
Full disclosure, I'm a huge RE fan. 😋

Stainless

Feb 26, 2018
Nashville,TN
I think that's a pretty good sale..I have more storage space for my ps4pro so if some of these aren't matched, I'll be picking up Ace Combat 7, Crash trilogy, DMC 5, RE2 and RE7

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
No dlc salefor the 360 tittles? ☹

Both amazing games, but they're very different. It comes down to what kind of game you're in the mood for at this moment.

Lengthy action rpg or 8 to 12 hours of perfectly executed survival horror.

I've finished RE2 about 10 times already.
Full disclosure, I'm a huge RE fan. 😋

Bottom of the page is a bit of DLC, mostly Fallout 3 & NV stuff, but thats it.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017

They don't do that on PSN by the way...

Granholme

Oct 27, 2017
Swore my backlog was too much to consider going in but couldn't resist that big a cut on Hitman 2 UE / Gold / WE or £5 for Death Of The Outsider.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Picked up the Contra collection and RE2 deluxe edition. Would've gotten Rage 2 as well, but that's on Gamepass, so I'll play it there.

Pretty good sale overall.

Really tempted on Control, but since I've still got a backlog, I'll be able to wait a bit. Good chance I'll pick it up over the Countdown sale.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I already have Control on the PS4 Pro but was tempted to get the X version (I'm assuming it has been patched) but that price is steep, especially considering Amazon had the physical copy on sale for 24 bucks just a few weeks ago.

Great game though.