• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I need to buy Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition so I can forever have it in my library because I get a bad feeling it's going to be delisted soon due to music licensing.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Ah, the Forza Horizon Ultimate DLC bundle is cheap again, gotta grab t. Loving the game all over again on the Series X.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea. I'm still early in the campaign and I don't know enough about the game. I guess I'll find out soon (or i could look it up but I'm too lazy for that)
I looked it up and you can use it during campaign. I was tempted to get the regular version if you can't, plus I thought it was on sale for $20 dollars and $20 dollars cheaper than the deluxe version but it's $30 dollars and only $10 dollars cheaper than the deluxe version. I guess I'll just wait til the deluxe version goes on sale for $30 or lower. LOL

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
The remaster is at 60 fps which is really really nice for this kind of game. There's a few effects that they took and made worse honestly. Like bonfires had this really beautiful painterly look before. Now they just replaced it was a generic cheap looking fire effect. Just some small things like that. But in terms of playing it it's much nicer with that 60 fps option. Also there will be more online activity, even if not a ton, just because it's the newer mode, and the online changes are small but really nice.
Thanks! Yeah I heard about some of those changes, but 60fps is a huge benefit for sure!

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game since Black Flag - which would folks recommend?

Unity? Syndicate? Origins? Odyssey?

Origins looks cool with the pyramids and such so that's the way I'm currently leaning.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game since Black Flag - which would folks recommend?

Origins looks cool with the pyramids and such so that's the way I'm currently leaning.

Origins or Odyssey. I'd say just go with the setting that looks the most interesting to you. They're both great.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
these bethesda games are mighty tempting but it's hard to pull the trigger when it feels like they are all gonna come to game pass sometime next year

I know what you mean. Doom 2016 seems like a pretty good deal but I feel like it'll come out on Game Pass + no gyro aiming is making me reconsider a purchase

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up refunding control and picking up borderland 3 super deluxe edition.

Game looks amazing with the update

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ended up refunding control and picking up borderland 3 super deluxe edition.

Game looks amazing with the update

It really does. It's one of the best next gen enhancements I've seen. Art style looks amazing at 4K and (finally!) at a solid 60fps. Was hell on the old consoles.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver

Odyssey and Origins are both really good. And I like each for different reasons. Feels like it's down to which setting you like best.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have $20 left.
What should I buy?
I was thinking of Borderlands 3 but I'm also curious if they will release a complete edition in the near future...although doesn't seem like 2 ever got one.

Any other recommendations?

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Found over $50 of stuff to buy from sale for the ms points. The fine print says 360 games don't count towards it but the one I bought did. Ended up getting:
MGS 2 & 3
MGSV DE
Shadow of the Tomb Raider DE extra content
Doom 64
Batman: Return to Arkham
FH4 Lego pack
Batman: Arkham Knight
Arkham Knight season pass

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
So, how's MGSV? Still debating whether or not to grab it but I keep hearing how bad/disappointing the story is

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
So, how's MGSV? Still debating whether or not to grab it but I keep hearing how bad/disappointing the story is
Its a lot of fun. The story isn't all that great, but the gameplay is incredible. Thats not to say that there aren't some really great moments. At nearly 300 hours it was my most played game of the generation.

That said, the xbox might not be "the best" place to play it. Resolution and effects were lacking if I'm not mistaken. I got over it easily enough and never really had a problem with anything though.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
God I really want to get control and re3, but I already have Valhalla and Cyberpunk will be on my plate next month. Not to mention I haven't started Spiderman MM yet on my ps5. I need to just wait huh? lol. I mostly just want to play RE3 since I know its short, but maybe I should wait for sub $20? Controls update isn't even out yet. I'm trippin' lol.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
I haven't touched 3 at all but I loaded up the tanker from MGS2 and I struggled with the controls. I think it would take me quite a few hours to get used to.

Probably still 720?
Ya coming from Dualshock to the Xbox pad on such a PlayStation-centric series can't be easy, I think I'll just use the brook adaptater for this one
Does it look clean at least? Performance should be a lock this time (hopefully)

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Ya coming from Dualshock to the Xbox pad on such a PlayStation-centric series can't be easy, I think I'll just use the brook adaptater for this one
Does it look clean at least? Performance should be a lock this time (hopefully)
The main issue I had was the pressure sensitive buttons, primarily to cancel a shot.

🎶It's been a while🎶, since I fired it up. I'd say it looks about how I remember it, so maybe slightl cleaner than the PS2 version? I can't say that that I was SUPER impressed by the looks or anything but, again, I didn't make it very far at all before giving up. I want to say the game looked cleaner than the cutscenes? But honestly I really can't say for sure. 😕

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
I bought :

RE3
Control Ultimate Edition
Skyrim SE ( want try uncap fps 60fps mod on Series X )
DMC5 : now at 4K and 60fps lock on Series X ( actual cleanest version to me )
Sonic Team racing : 4K and 60fps lock on Series X

and some 360 games ....

more backlog :(

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Thought I was done with these sales. With Game Pass, no reason to fill the backlog anymore...right?

Took a peak. Bought Borderlands 3, RE3 Remake, Hitman 2, Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm hoping my final haul is:
Control UE
Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass
ESO Greymoor

considered Far Cry Classic and Splinter Cell Conviction (360), but not sure how well they've aged.

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Yeah I heard about some of those changes, but 60fps is a huge benefit for sure!

Having your summons be able to heal themselves with their own estus flask instead of relying on you healing yourself in order to give them like a third of the healing you get is also a huge plus lol.

Yeah you heard that right. In vanilla your summons cannot heal themselves. So not only do you have to heal yourself, but if you're topped off but your summon gets wrecked, if you don't want them to die you're gonna have to still down some more estus. If you ever wondered why the game let's you chug estus even when your health is full, that's why.

(Idk how much you know about dark souls; estus flask is the bottle of magical flame liquid you drink to heal yourself. You get 5 drinks of it by default at most bonfires and it resets when you die or rest at a bonfire again. You can upgrade a given bonfire to always charge you with all the way up to 20 via some mechanics).

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I'm hoping my final haul is:
Control UE
Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass
ESO Greymoor

considered Far Cry Classic and Splinter Cell Conviction (360), but not sure how well they've aged.
I wouldn't bother with Far Cry Classic, but Splinter Cell Convinction is still pretty good (as is Blacklist with the One X enhancements)

Oct 27, 2017
got 10 dollars xbox credit on my account (MS rewards) and debating if I should pick up Skyrim for 10 bucks (CAD).

But also debating if I should get Greymoore upgrade set instead. However, not sure if I want to get into another MMORPG.

any advice?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
So far:

Prey Deluxe Edition(double dip)
Metal Gear Rising
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Splinter Cell: Black List

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Skyrim but want to pick up an optmized for Series X game.

Debating on Madden, Borderlands 3, or maybe Minecraft Dungeons (if it is optimized and even though it is on gamepass).

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I think I will end up just playing this on PC, on the off chance they introduce cross progression, I think I am going to pick up Div2 WONY. I know its a mostly dead game, but it still can be fun in bursts.
Also planning on getting:
- Tales of Vesperia Definitive
- Control Ultimate edition.

I either own everything else I would want or it is on Gamepass I think. Typically by Christmas the new AC game's gold version is on sale for 59.99 or less, so I will wait for that sale to pick that up and keep playing off a disc.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
grabbed Hitman 2, it was one of the few disc only games I owned on PS4 and I'd rather have it on XSX than my PS5 anyway. Now just need to buy the expansion pack too.

Between that and Watch Dogs I should be set for now. Still need to finish AC Valhalla too