• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
If the ratios as reported were consistent across the globe, physical and online, it seems like it'll sell a very, very small amount compared to the X--at least right this second. A year from now could be a different story.

^
I guess this is to be expected considering these are pre order after all, aimed at enthusiasts. I still don't see SS selling more than SX anytime soon, but let's see how it fares in the next few months.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is to be expected considering these are pre order after all, aimed at enthusiasts. I still don't see SS selling more than SX anytime soon, but let's see how it fares in the next few months.

I don't think it's happening soon either, but I definitely think it will get close once we get a few Black Fridays in lol.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
User Banned (3 Days) - inflammatory point of comparison
We won't ever say numbers, but we broke records! Kind of sounding like Trump.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious about the split. Series S is still easily available from German Amazon and I guess it is the same for other retailers.
Series X has been gone for quite a while.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
The salt in here is so real.

Xbox puts console up for preorder

Consumers: "Hey I like video games I'd like one of those."

Microsoft: "Hey, we sold a lot of consoles today! Thanks!"

Era: "That can't be right, I told everyone I know Xbox has no games and that GamePass kills joy."
This 100%

Good on Microsoft!!

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
It has to be their own records. No way are they beating Sony's numbers, especially on a global scale. Still, that would be an encouraging sign for Xbox after the complete debacle of the Xbox One launch.
Ofc its their own record. Companies do this all the time refering to their records. I cant believe you guys need to come here and defend play station when its clear that its not what they mean. How would they even know sonys numbers..

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Ofc its their own record. Companies do this all the time refering to their records. I cant believe you guys need to come here and defend play station when its clear that its not what they mean. How would they even know sonys numbers..

Coke: we had record breaking sales today!

what? how much did Pepsi sell? stop with the spin.

its crazy.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There lies the console warrior ready to strike in a stupid nonexistent war for consumer electronics.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

They'd have no idea at this juncture. Maybe guesses? Who knows.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I'm so glad that BRAND is feeling šŸ™ #Blessed šŸ™ as every single website I've tried to order from today shits the bed.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
So many people on here threatened by Xbox actually selling well. Don't worry. You can still enjoy your platform of choice. Xbox doing well doesn't mean PS suddenly does bad.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How DARE they!

honestly its just a silly tweet, no reason to read too much into it or turn this into a warz thread

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Yeah, this shit is already old and there's two more fucking months of it before launch?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The salt in here is so real.

Xbox puts console up for preorder

Consumers: "Hey I like video games I'd like one of those."

Microsoft: "Hey, we sold a lot of consoles today! Thanks!"

Era: "That can't be right, I told everyone I know Xbox has no games and that GamePass kills joy."
Honestly the attitude some people have for Xbox here is pathetic. Nothing has changed in the last 20 years.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft looks at the pre order reports, lets out a reflective sigh, and happily retires to teaching at risk youths for a non profit

Sony was found dead 6 months later of a heroin overdose in a bathroom stall

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So many people on here threatened by Xbox actually selling well. Don't worry. You can still enjoy your platform of choice. Xbox doing well doesn't mean PS suddenly does bad.
Had a real laugh when I checked out the thread about Sony 1P vs MS 1P and which one Era was more excited for. Sony is winning handily there yet every other thread is Era having a meltdown about mean old MS buying studios up and Xbox doing well. Yet somehow most of Era doesn't care about Xbox or their 1P? Me thinks people are lying and are way too invested in stanning for Sony.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny that they schooled Sony for botching the PS5 pre order when this was just as bad if not worse.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
That's very good to hear. :)

I waiting outside for 3 1/2 hours this morning and met some wonderful people, 18 in total, while waiting to pre-order the Series X. Though everyone had different tastes in games and systems, some brought their Switch and played Super Mario 64 and another was playing Super Mario Sunshine, we were all gamers and the experience was wonderful.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Yea it does. Honored would be more for an award or milestone. They are humbled at the reception.
If they were humbled at the reception it would mean that they expected to sell out and in reality no one bought the system. To be humbled is to be knocked down a peg. Example: A bully getting his ass kicked the the nerd he is bullying is getting humbled.

As to the topic, the whole pre-order allocation was bound to sell out so this is really a nothing announcement, especially since there are no numbers thrown around. All in all this is going to be an expensive holiday for me: XSX, PS5 and Oculus Quest 2.