• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I was pleasantly surprised by the Framerate in the game on the X. The character creator and the cutscenes seem to be at a lower framerate than the actual game itself, so I was mad nervous.

Only played for an hour or so through the intro section and the first mission after getting powers, but I'm keen to play more. The 'Rare' gun they let you get near the end of the tutorial section is a nice taste of what kind of guns you'll get later (the one I got, assuming it's random, made it so that when you killed with it, the enemy exploded into shrapnel and cause damage and bleed to nearby enemies).

So far, I'm digging it. Getting to actually play it, it doesn't seem to be mega 'innovative', but the aggressive playstyle mixed with the gun effects seems fun. Also not hating the story so far, my character generally acted like how I would (the selfie with the peace sign is something I do literally all the time, lol).

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Maybe they've been made aware of the issue and decided to postpone the public test and made Xbox wire drop the article.
I'll try logging in later anyway, I was really curious to try the game. Someone with the game downloaded can confirm if it still connects?

edit: did this have any sort of duration or end of test date?
They said it'd be removed from the Insider App once all the slots were full so that's probably why it's gone?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Damn, my internet is being even slower than usual it seems, just 60% done since last night lol. Won't get to play it until later, hopefully all the bugs and stuff are sorted by then.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
They said it'd be removed from the Insider App once all the slots were full so that's probably why it's gone?

That makes sense, but not much for also removing the xbox wire article.
Anyway, hoping it gets patched for those that can't get past the character creation. Jumping in later myself.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
That makes sense, but not much for also removing the xbox wire article.
Anyway, hoping it gets patched for those that can't get past the character creation. Jumping in later myself.

Well, if the preview disappears but there is an article up that says there's a preview it's kind of pointless even if the article itself states that there are limited slots. It's just kind of like...there's no reason for it to exist anymore lol

dev update how to report bugs and crashes

SE Toby

Square Enix - Community Manager
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
London
Hello everyone,

Senior Community Manager for Outriders here! I've just posted an update regarding the insiders program on the official Outriders Reddit thread - there's a lot in there so I wouldn't want to copy paste directly it to here, but please do have a read of it.

If you do encounter any issues, please submit feedback via the Report a problem function (hold down the Xbox button on your controller and select Report a problem from the power menu). Please submit feedback under Category > Games and Subcategory > OUTRIDERS.
Additionally, if you have a Reddit account, please do chime in on the above linked thread where I can reply 1 to 1 rather than overlapping in this ResetEra thread.

Additionally, as a reminder when signing up to the Insider Program, everyone signs a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to not discuss or share content about the game anywhere. This remains in effect so please do bear it in mind.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the Insider Program here on ResetEra of course, if I'm able to.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still broken for me. I see there is some maintenance going on or happening. I get a pop up. Still the character screen crashes always.
Hope they fix it some way. Because atm its abit pointless haha

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Tracking post for crashes on Reddit. If you aren't already, whenever you experience a crash/hang press and hold the Xbox button on your controller and use the 'report a problem' feature to submit a bug report.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Theorry is there any chance you could thread mark SE Toby post from earlier today? It would help direct people to the correct avenue for providing reports and feedback on crashes.

Just a way to possibly help SE and PCF collect feedback from here more easily.

taco543

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
I completely forgot about this, I need to boot up my series x when I get home and see if I can still get in

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
Still broken for me. I see there is some maintenance going on or happening. I get a pop up. Still the character screen crashes always.
Hope they fix it some way. Because atm its abit pointless haha

There is a workaround for this issue on the Outriders reddit, but the dev team is aware of it and hopefully they can fix it soon without people using the workaround.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Keeps crashing on the character screen. Tried it like 12 times. Moved the file to a different drive, even redownloaded. Gonna wait to see if it gets fixed to try it.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Managed to get in and play for quite a while this morning. Obviously can't talk about specifics, but it's a lot of fun so far. Looking forward to testing it out more later today.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020

You might want to remove your post, SE Toby advised that discussion of the game is not currently allowed due to the NDA you agreed to:

Additionally, as a reminder when signing up to the Insider Program, everyone signs a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to not discuss or share content about the game anywhere. This remains in effect so please do bear it in mind.

You can raise crash reports on the Reddit thread he linked to though.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I did the "sign into another profile" trick mentioned in the post above and managed to play this for a few hours. Wish we could talk about it, but get why we can't - but just thought I'd give the heads up that it seems to work.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So any other fix out there? Not really feeling on making another gamertag etc to play it.
I am fine with bugs etc in these tests. But a game straight up not launching really isnt a thing i can help with. They say its uncommon. But i kinda doubt that.
In this thread almost nobody got it working normally and i 5 friends on mine who jumped in also cant get past the character screen also and reddit is pretty full with also and people only started playing when they did the workarround.
Hope they fix it and extend maybe that test. As i think they really wanted people to play and test and find bugs for them. More then not getting past the character screen.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
kind of insane that you have to use a different profile to play. not doing all of that, shouldn't be a bug in the first place. hopefully they can fix it because i'd love to give it a shot, but kinda hard when it just crashes on the character screen.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
So any other fix out there? Not really feeling on making another gamertag etc to play it.
I am fine with bugs etc in these tests. But a game straight up not launching really isnt a thing i can help with. They say its uncommon. But i kinda doubt that.
In this thread almost nobody got it working normally and i 5 friends on mine who jumped in also cant get past the character screen also and reddit is pretty full with also and people only started playing when they did the workarround.
Hope they fix it and extend maybe that test. As i think they really wanted people to play and test and find bugs for them. More then not getting past the character screen.
Just to join in. Been getting constant crashing at the character select screen. Tried like 20+ times, redownloaded, etc. Just not working in any capacity. Unless they fix it, that's my experience with this game, audio bugs on the startup CGI sequence and crashes 2 seconds later on character selection.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
Just to join in. Been getting constant crashing at the character select screen. Tried like 20+ times, redownloaded, etc. Just not working in any capacity. Unless they fix it, that's my experience with this game, audio bugs on the startup CGI sequence and crashes 2 seconds later on character selection.

It seems to be an obscure bug tied to friends list or custom profile pics which is why they've had trouble replicating it. It's unlikely to be fixed before the end of the preview period on Sunday. The workaround mentioned on Outriders reddit works for most, but if you're not willing to try that then you'll have to wait till closer to release for more impressions and such. Besides this bug, the game doesn't seem to have that many bugs.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm surprised so many are having issues. I'm getting into my game without any issue and have been for awhile and only had one crash. I've actually played a lot and am kind at a point where I'm like, 'maybe I should stop playing in case I buy this and have to do it all over again' lol.

There's an NDA? I'm on PS5 and want to hear impressions. :(

Yeah, as pointed out to me, it's part of any game preview/beta that you play through Xbox Insiders. You're not supposed to talk about it or share streams and screens from it. It even posts your Xbox gamertag across the screen in case you try to do the latter.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Played a lot of this over the past couple of days in order to give some solid and in-depth Insider Program feedback. As a hardcore Division 1/2 player, there's so much I want to talk about, but obviously can't. Ended up cutting myself off for the rest of the weekend, though.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
kind of insane that you have to use a different profile to play. not doing all of that, shouldn't be a bug in the first place. hopefully they can fix it because i'd love to give it a shot, but kinda hard when it just crashes on the character screen.

Thats not exactly it. The way it worked for me is that I started the game under my wife's profile then at the title screen the sign in pops up to choose who is playing where I could then choose profile.

Weird bug for sure.