• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
sick. havent been grabbed by what i've seen, but i respect the devs (and loved bulletstorm!)

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Mine is downloading now, but won't be finished until tomorrow. Maybe by then this will be a bit more stable lol

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
Played for about 30mins before it crashed on me. Probably try again tomorrow. Seems like it could be a fun game, but can't help but feel it's pretty generic. Basically like Gears of Destiny

Last edited:

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Played for about 30mins before it crashed on me. Probably try again tomorrow. Seems like it could be a fun game, but can't but feel it's pretty generic. Basically like Gears of Destiny
This was my worry with the released footage. It's certainly looks like a game I might enjoy, but hardly original.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I can't even get past character select - if anyone here is opting to buy this LIVE SERVICE game day one, please hold off. I've been excited for this one personally but I'm not making any mistakes

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Surely there's a better way to stop people from leaking than to have your gamertag all over the screen while your trying to play, it's ridiculous.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm interested on trying how this feels. Got in and I'm downloading it to my 1X, anyone tried it on that console? I'll try it tonight.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking forward to playing this.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Did a hard reset on my Series X. Got a little bit further in the character screen. But then still crashed. I will wait if they patch it.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
Anyone know if it's still open? I was able to join the beta in the Insiders app, but then it just says 'Something went wrong' when it takes me to the store to download it.

Deleted member 78123

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2020
I've played for some time before it crashed, thought it was pretty fun! I'm surprised. It's The Division with powers.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Still can't get past character creator without crashing on series x. Maybe I'll fire up the old one x and see if I can get it to work there

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
All of you on SX that can't get past character creation, plus...

Anyone know if it's still open? I was able to join the beta in the Insiders app, but then it just says 'Something went wrong' when it takes me to the store to download it.
Is it already gone, only see minecraft and tabs.
So did I miss out on signing up? The link says page not found now...

...maybe they have retired it for now? the link for xbox wire is now broken:
Join the limited preview for Outriders beginning 12/15! - Xbox Wire

Maybe they've been made aware of the issue and decided to postpone the public test and made Xbox wire drop the article.
I'll try logging in later anyway, I was really curious to try the game. Someone with the game downloaded can confirm if it still connects?

edit: did this have any sort of duration or end of test date?

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Welp...their marketing team has a lot of work to do

Their marketing team had been putting out consistent and thorough videos of the entire game for almost a year now clearly detailing that this game isn't a GAAS in any shape or form.

They have even done deep dives on each character class and put together one of the most comprehensive videos about the endgame that I've seen any loot based game even attempt.

Oct 10, 2020
It takes a while to be able to download after you enroll.
suggest trying to download only half an hour after enrolling.
No crashes in couple of hours of playing. A lot of cut scenes which are not that bad.
gameplay wise it definitely reminds me of gears and perhaps anthem without the flight. But it hasn't impressed me at all so far. AI is pretty poor as well.
Seem to have more story than your average destiny/ anthem, etc.
On and all I'm interested to take it a bit further. But only because I had very low expectations for this one. With the right tweaks could become interesting.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Is it playable on the One, since it isn't on the Series X? Wouldn't mind hooking up my One X to give it a shot while we wait for the Series X to get fixed