• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
Will definitely consider picking up an Xbox when they start churning out these games in a few years.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know IO's project is an RPG? I just remember reading that it was rumored to be a game with dragons, without mentioning a genre.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love them to bankroll a JRPG like in the 360 era. The Sakaguchi games didn't pay off financially, but they're where most of my goodwill for the brand comes from.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
If you have any interest in playing future WRPGs on console, then getting a Series S and a GP sub is the bare minimum you need. MS most certainly in the driver seat of this genre.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
ZOS is making one, so that's at least 9.
We don't know what Arkane Austin, Roundhouse, Compulsion or what else Global Publishing might have.

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
It's a step in the right direction for me. The reason I have never been a big XBox person is because I don't like shooters and racers, which has dominated XBox's focus in the past. I'm not comitting to buying an XSX until I see that this slew of games are actually good though, we haven't seen enough from any of their coming titles to think that they'll be amazing games with any measure of confidence. I don't believe in blind hype. But once the titles start releasing and the reviews and gameplay clips start coming in I'm looking to get on board

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This won't be good for their "dudebro space marine shooter factory" image.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Yeah, this is one of the few things I don't like about MS's recent actions. Wanton, gluttonous acquisitions leading to consolidation of the industry is something that really sits wrong with me
Bioware?
CDPRED?
Piranha Bytes?
Spiders & Cyanide?
Reality Pump/TopWare?
Larian?
HareBrained Schemes?

Yes, Obsidian, and Bethesda are big gets; (InXile was pretty niche, going from kickstarter to kickstarter), but they're hardly "the entire genre"

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I would really love to get in on this action but I don't think I will be able to afford a PC upgrade in the next year or two. I don't see GPU prices coming down or even being obtainable soon.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Hes also spent a lot of time talking about and playing for his twitch channel a game called Darklands, which I could see him making a spiritual successor to.

It's a simulation Al renaissance rpg from 1992, with the premise being "what if peasant and religious superstitions were real?". It takes place in the Holy Roman Empire in the 15th century (modern Germany and surrounding areas). Lots of interesting mechanics (characters get old and lose stats., it tracks fame etc) but very old and obtuse by today's standards.
Wow that sounds very interesting and totally the kind of game I'd want to play until I realize how old it is, so a spiritual successor would be great!

I like the guy very much and either idea would be really cool. The bike shop game would be so charming and cute!

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Do we know IO's project is an RPG? I just remember reading that it was rumored to be a game with dragons, without mentioning a genre.
It's supposedly similar to Diablo and made by IO Barcelona, the so called department: Dragon.
It's a step in the right direction for me. The reason I have never been a big XBox person is because I don't like shooters and racers, which has dominated XBox's focus in the past
You missed out on some awesome RPG then, because with the exception of Xbox One, Xbox was the home for some awesome RPG each generation.

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
It's supposedly similar to Diablo and made by IO Barcelona, the so called department: Dragon.
You missed out on some awesome RPG then, because with the exception of Xbox One, Xbox was the home for some awesome RPG each generation.
I played Fable 2 and 3 on PC and tpyed with Crackdown a bit, but once I do get a series X I'll check out their BC library (and the Yakuza series) on GamePass I guess. Got any recommendations?

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I played Fable 2 and 3 on PC and tpyed with Crackdown a bit, but once I do get a series X I'll check out their BC library (and the Yakuza series) on GamePass I guess. Got any recommendations?
KOTOR, Jade Empire, Blue Dragon, The Witcher 2, Lost Odyssey and Morrowind are amazing/good RPG for example. And of course Fable Anniversary (remake of the first Fable for 360). Those should all be available via BC iirc.

ginge

Jul 23, 2020
so since xbox seems to be using a strategy where they dominate a genre, which right now is RPGs, which genre do you guys think they will work on dominating next? They already have a good start with shooters, but shooters arent really a genre that you can dominate really

Maybe strategy games?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I think they're referring to this comment -

www.resetera.com

Will PS5 have quick resume between multiple games? (update: no)

I see Polygon says that too. If that's indeed true that's a huge unforced error. Doesn't affect me since I'm at 120Mbps with no data caps but for people in less developped countries without proper broadband it's very bad.

I know what is being referred to, I'm wondering why the poster I'm responding to is acting as if Matt made that up for clout.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Hostility towards another user; numerous prior bans for hostility and targeting the same user
I know what is being referred to, I'm wondering why the poster I'm responding to is acting as if Matt made that up for clout.
*whisper* because he made it up for clout. You can't say vague statements that may or may not happen years down the line and act like an insider

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

Ah. Yeah, even without Matt's comment I'm sure Quick Resume would come to the PS5 at some point, and Matt's comment pretty much make it a certainty.

Pretty ridiculous to assume he was making it up since it's literally only been a little over 5 months since launch. I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives in the same update as expandable SSD storage.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
I was lucky enough to get an order in for series X on Thursday, but then realized I won't be playing much other than enhanced gen 8 games. Then I saw this thread and now I'm extremely hopeful of the RPG road ahead. Aww yeah!

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't you the dude that sent me a PM a while ago just to say how much you dislike me?

I'm sorry my existence seems to cause you so much distress.
Yes that was me. Glad you remember. I actually said I disliked your vague statements that derailed threads. See above. What actual use was your comment to this thread. Please I'm listening