• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Starfield
ElderScrolls 6
Fable
Avowed
inXile Entertainment's AAA RPG
IO Interactive's AAA Project Dragon RPG
The Outer Worlds team RPG Project( Most likely OW2)
Josh Sawyer's small RPG

Studios like Obsidian and inXile have smaller teams working on stuff but nothing too concrete.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
R213530c3cf53418192a51a6eeb492883

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
But if one is about halo, the other about gears and the last about forza, what are the other five about???

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure Josh Sawyer has announced what genre he is working on or anything regarding it. Probably an RPG but who knows.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Where my 3D platformers at, Phil?
I wish Lucky got a better rap or more time in the oven. The initial 2017 release had development issues leading to lower scores, but NSLT really knocks it out of the park imo and showed what was possible with a little more time. I think there was a lot of potential in that IP and something much needed within the Xbox line up.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
When xCloud is up & running 100% it's going to be BONKERS that the sequel to Skyrim can be played on browsers.

Sep 7, 2020
Only 8 that you know of. Seriously though, that is a large number of RPGs I hope they expand into other genres as well (bring back KI, action games, platformers, etc). Really round out the Gamepass experience.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Honestly the term "RPG" is so damn broad these days, it wouldn't surprise me if all of these games are totally different from each other

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great lineup. Even the ones we know nothing about are coming from teams that make me very excited. I feel like we've been saying this for three years now, but it really will be amazing when these acquisitions start paying off in a big way.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's exciting, to say the least. Although, I wonder how long it's going to take for idiots to start saying Xbox only makes the same kind of games like they do for PlayStation, and to a lesser extent Nintendo.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
User Banned (1 Day): Platform Warring
Sony's only advantage looking weaker and weaker.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Will Perfect Dark have RPG elements? What about Arkane Austin's next game?

The possibilities are endless.

I would've expected Xbox to reach out to a dev in Korea or SE Asia to remaster their JRPGs/collaborate on something new. That seems to be the one genre they are missing.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Makes sense for them and the teams that they have.

Of course I'd prefer if they were creating 8 Gears of War games but we can't always get what we want.