• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't a fan of the division but heard it got better after patches. I'll give it another shot. De blob 2 I'll add for future use. Armed and dangerous is a relic that I haven't heard of in ages. It's definitely not gonna have aged well at this point but I'm sure kids would maybe enjoy playing it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Armed and Dangerous, very stylish game that I'm happy to finally own on console. Rest is nothing special. I mean, The Division is dope but I have it.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone else notice? I got De Blob 2 on the newer website, it doesn't "Already purchased" when you check the old marketplace website and it's not showing on my Xbox 360 download history. When I try to let me get in on the old website it doesn't work because I already have it. (I can download the game fine on Xbox One). If you ever unsub, it might be like Xbox One licence if you claim on the new website. So claim the stuff on the old marketplace if you prefer having something kinda more permanent.

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah. Just for that reason alone, I'm going to continue downloading them directly through good old 360 until MS decides to stop giving out 360 games as part of GwG.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Yeah. Just for that reason alone, I'm going to continue downloading them directly through good old 360 until MS decides to stop giving out 360 games as part of GwG.
I tried and I was able to purchase for free Armed And Dangerous on both the old and the new store.
So yeah, there's something wrong.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
Got the same issue with de blob 2, shows as "content not available" on the console download history, I can download on 360 but it stops and restarts before reaching 100%

It's the only game I got with the new website method, guess I'll keep getting them directly from the 360.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Just to add to this, I claimed de Blob 2 through the Xbox One before I read about this issue and when I checked the old site, it still offers it on sale for 360. However, if I click purchase, it doesn't take me to the payment screen but instead it says thank you for your purchase (I don't have a payment method on file and the credit I have wouldn't be enough to pay for it anyway but there was no confirmation at all).

The site still doesn't say 'already purchased', so it's a bit weird all round. Has anyone else tried this?
I contacted support and they removed me the license on Xbox One, I did not removed the corrupt license on Xbox 360. You can see in the download history of Xbox 360 the game as Unavailable Content. I read that if you try to download it, it stopped at 80%.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
They never gave those on Xbox One yet. I am hoping they make LOTR backward compatible if they start the program again.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Man I remember looking up the achievements for Lost Planet 2. Some of the most insane sounding stuff I've ever heard. You have to like, get to the top of the leaderboard or something.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm trying out the Indiana Jones game and it feels like a PS2 Uncharted demake, kind of awesome. There's the usual annoyances for a game from this era... Fiddling with an inventory instead of contextual actions is a big one, and combat is pretty primitive. Also falling damage is ridiculous and triggers from very low drops.

But at the same time there is stuff like letting you arbitrarily "wall hug" so you can use it not only to sidle on ledges, but also as a rudimentary cover system. And stuff like leaping a chasm to grab the ledge with your fingertips or Indy hoisting himself up feel extremely modern.

Anyway just an FYI if folks like those sorts of games, this is kind of a fun throwback and makes me excited to see what the new one is like.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying out the Indiana Jones game and it feels like a PS2 Uncharted demake, kind of awesome. There's the usual annoyances for a game from this era... Fiddling with an inventory instead of contextual actions is a big one, and combat is pretty primitive. Also falling damage is ridiculous and triggers from very low drops.

But at the same time there is stuff like letting you arbitrarily "wall hug" so you can use it not only to sidle on ledges, but also as a rudimentary cover system. And stuff like leaping a chasm to grab the ledge with your fingertips or Indy hoisting himself up feel extremely modern.

Anyway just an FYI if folks like those sorts of games, this is kind of a fun throwback and makes me excited to see what the new one is like.

That actually makes me want to try it.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's a good game. I own physical copies of both the PC and Xbox version.

If you liked the Buffy games, you might like it. They play similarly.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Metal Slug is always a good time, and I'll gladly take a free copy of my favorite one. VALA looks like it's worth a shot. Otherwise...

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find a pattern to which days they announce Games With Gold. Looked at a few older threads and it seemed to generally be the 25th or before so it's a bit late. The weekdays for the announcements also seemed random: one Tuesday, one Thursday and one Friday.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I can't find a pattern to which days they announce Games With Gold. Looked at a few older threads and it seemed to generally be the 25th or before so it's a bit late. The weekdays for the announcements also seemed random: one Tuesday, one Thursday and one Friday.
"Hey Dave, did you post the games with gold yet? Steve is on sick leave."

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
This Lego Batman game is clunky. Are they all like this?

The oldest ones, SW:TCS, Indiana Jones, and Batman, are all pretty clunky and haven't aged as well. After that they get better. 2011 is a sweet spot where they feel really good to play, and have great level design and variance. After that they start getting kind of QTE-y. But I think I heard they've kind of settled down on that too lately again? I don't know I haven't played any of the newest ones. Of those three I think Indiana Jones aged the best...? I at least enjoyed the levels in TCS and Indiana Jones. What I played of Batman I found very boring and awkward.

But yeah stuff like Pirates, SWIII:TCW, Batman 2, and LOTR have aged some of the best. They just feel better to play and have a lot of small quality of life improvements that just make them better. Indiana Jones 2 feels much better to play than 1, but the levels are very short in favor of what is clearly a proto open world the later games would do. It's an odd entry.