• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully there are some great unexpected surprises there! Would love to see them fund a brand new JRPG, or something that we wouldn't expect.

xsxjul74djhn.png
WTF?! Is that Adam Driver from a new Star Wars game or something?

While I think Lost Odyssey should be re-released on all major platforms, I don't see this coming back without Sakaguchi, who seems to be making mobile-only games at this point.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just a massive speculation post: I wonder if the Xbox team finally decided to pull the trigger on the announcement because MS as a whole seems to be making sweeping changes right now (rumours coming of a huge org change today), and they figure if they announce an announcement event it kinda locks them into their launch plans. I think we're getting everything here-- Xbox Series X pricing, Lockhart announce & pricing. Anything that they keep under wraps has the potential to be meddled with by the larger org and given changes seem to be afoot, it makes sense to lock their plans in now.

The plan was always to have this in July,

If this were the case they would have done it a lot sooner.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Do is this just Xbox first party as it was originally or do they pepper in 3rd parties like the PS event?

Hopefully it's the latter as the PS5 event was really well done

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
At least it's 9 AM! That's about 6 PM over here. I have a bunch of people coming over for me and my wife's birthday at 8 PM, so this works perfectly hehehe.

MasterLeePhD

Oct 28, 2017
Aww, Microsoft you're putting a show on for my birthday. Hopefully you have plenty to show and some surprises.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Let's go, never owned a MS console but Uncle Phil's been doing well in the past few years, time to show us the goods.
I want a 5 min video of Fable 4 characters just farting and doing dumb stuff.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
The hours for this event are awful for me.. Right in the middle of a work day.

I'm hyped, nonetheless. Let's hope Microsoft delivers.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I do think Xbox team members (and it's usually not Phil) on social media have overhyped things at times, and tarnished the brand by making unfounded technical claims at times, but at the same time I don't think it's an indicator of what the quality of the event is. But saying the wrong things (like how they positioned the May event as a Gameplay reveal) can definitely hurt the brand among early adopters, which will overall hurt the word of mouth for the system.

They were doing it ad nauseam last year in the run up to E3 and it really hurt them, by contrast it was the opposite for XO19 and imo that was a much more enjoyable show as a result.

Honestly it not hurt them if they just all retweeted the announcement tweet and left it at that.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I could've sworn we knew about this already. Maybe someone leaked it and I assumed it was already announced? Either way, it's exciting that they aren't saying it'll be first party only. We might see some cool stuff.

Personally hoping for a medium-sized WELL CURATED showcase. Quantity over quality has never worked for them in previous years.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Given that Sony announced 9 exclusives for Ps5, I'm going to expect a similia number from Xbox.
But I'm not worried about quantity as they delivered on that front with One, but its quality and that cant be known till they out.
I think they'll try announcing as many games as they can to show the plethora of first party games even if those are still far off.

It's also interesting that they made the announcement so early. I guess they wanted to "claim" the date in case other companies want to make game related announcements.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I could've sworn we knew about this already. Maybe someone leaked it and I assumed it was already announced? Either way, it's exciting that they aren't saying it'll be first party only. We might see some cool stuff.
A few articles mentioned that July 23 was the presumed date according to inside info but it wasn't official until today.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This is the crucial moment....

After all this time.... Microsoft needs to push their first party quality at Max throttle.

Pretty sure we will see some bombs being dropped (please.... A new Perfect Dark from Initiative)

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I will be on vacation so won't be watching, I'll catch the highlights. Hope they impress me as this gen they did not with first party. Buying the XSX day 1 if ever will basically come down to what they show here.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready! Just a few weeks, and we got some game shows (ubi, stadia?) to hold us up till then.