• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Sprinting with paddles
Crouch or jump with paddles

Wall riding as Lucio with paddles

Going back to normal controllers without paddles after Elite series is impossible.
I'm really hoping for a Final Fantasy VII Remake announcement at the upcoming event
😭
Really doubt we'll hear anything about a port until April 2021 at the earliest when the exclusivity window is up. I'd guess there won't be a port exactly one year from the PS4 launch date. I mean, we haven't even heard a peep about FF14 on Xbox since what, last E3 so...

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
I'd like it to continue, seeing people describe the thing they're going to rip apart in seconds as part of the 'premium experience' is really funny.

RE Game of the Year predictions: I think Ori is a strong dark horse chance, but people up top of this page are really underestimating GoT's chances.
Of course packaging is part of the premium experience - this is how brand building works. Stuff like this matters to a lot of people - why do you think Apple put so much effort into their packaging.

I keep all my boxes / packaging for items like this too, so nothing will be getting ripped apart.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Of course packaging is part of the premium experience - this is how brand building works. Stuff like this matters to a lot of people - why do you think Apple put so much effort into their packaging.

I keep all my boxes / packaging for items like this too, so nothing will be getting ripped apart.

Define 'a lot'.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Ehhh I dunno about that. I said before that I was disappointed in MS' approach to the controller, and after today's glowing reviews of the DualSense I'm even more disappointed now that MS didn't invest in the same technology as Sony. Everyone is gushing about it.
Got to agree, I would have liked something more than a changed d-pad and a share button. Paddles, haptic feedback etc would have been great additions.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Is there anyway to check if I own a game on the MS store page? I'm trying to see if I own GTA IV on digital or not and I can't remember lol.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyway to check if I own a game on the MS store page? I'm trying to see if I own GTA IV on digital or not and I can't remember lol.

If you're logged in it'll say 'install' instead of the 'buy' button.

You literally can't even see the price of games you already own on the website store page because it'll only allow you to install it, not buy it again

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
If you're logged in it'll say 'install' instead of the 'buy' button.

You literally can't even see the price of games you already own on the website store page because it'll only allow you to install it, not buy it again
See I thought this was how it worked but it tells me Max Payne 3 is 14.99 and I know for sure I own that.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of there front page commentary and coverage stuff is pretty low-brow and not all that interesting, but I've never heard anything outright bad about the attached forum.

iB5xwIJ.gif

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
If a game is optimised, it says Xbox Series X first from what I've seen. So why does Watch Dogs say Xbox One first? It says optimised on the back. Weird!

2-F239-DC5-BD64-4-A32-AD51-9-D6-A13-EDFDED.jpg

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I'd like it to continue, seeing people describe the thing they're going to rip apart in seconds as part of the 'premium experience' is really funny.

RE Game of the Year predictions: I think Ori is a strong dark horse chance, but people up top of this page are really underestimating GoT's chances.

I enjoyed my time with GoT for the most part, and the new MP update sounds interesting (haven't tried it yet but I want to), but if GoT wins any GOTY awards based on that SP campaign, I'll be baffled. It's an utterly paint by numbers open-world game with a strong sense of style, some questionable animation, repetitive filler content and a story that starts out dull and finishes strong. The sword combat is fun, but the stealth combat is simplistic and easy.

I'll give that game all the plaudits in the world for it's visual style, and the homage to the Kurosawa-esque aesthetic, but a game should be judged on more than style.

Sony/Naughty Dog deserve recognition for TLOU2 this year (and they'll get it), but I'll consider it a travesty if GoT gets recognized over stuff like Ori, or even Flight Simulator. Ori has just as much style, and far tighter substance to match.

Hell, I'll be annoyed if inXile don't get some recognition for Wasteland 3 from the media this year. Bugs aside, that game is awesome.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did something like that get past testing? Especially as its only a few hours into the game? Hope the XSX version is ok.
This happened to me whilst playing RDR2 a few times. Not sure how common it is but my One X was really under strain it seemed.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Kinda offtopic but is xboxera a good site to check out..especially if I want an xbox only forum to hang out?
It's great, especial if you are looking for a "Xbox only forum". To be honest I find the conversations over there tend to be way more positive and thoughtful. There are also many gaming threads that are not Xbox related just in case you wanted discussions about that.

You can always do a search for "unboxing" on YouTube to get an idea, there is definitely a large community that care about the packaging/unboxing of their devices (literally millions of people). You only have to go as far as looking at iPhone packaging (or any smart phone these days) as a real world example, it's an experience. Or to put it in a even more simplerway, nicer things get nicer packing.

Last edited:

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
You can always do a search for "unboxing" on YouTube to get an idea, there is definitely a large community that care about the packaging/unboxing of their devices, literally millions of people care. You only have to go as far as looking at iPhone packaging (or any smart phone these days) as a real world example, it's an experience.

I've seen a lot of unboxings, at best, the form of the packaging warrants a passing comment, the bulk of the format is focused on the contents, not the delivery mechanism.

Sony/Naughty Dog deserve recognition for TLOU2 this year (and they'll get it), but I'll consider it a travesty if GoT gets recognized over stuff like Ori, or even Flight Simulator.

I think Ori's a long-shot and there's next to no chance of Flight Simulator getting the nod. Ghosts of Tsushima has clearly struck a pretty big cord and as much as people like to dismiss the third-person, open world and pseudo-open action game genre that Sony puts out, there's a reason it does so well for them.

As I've said before, my personal pick in terms of what I think will win is Animal Crossing, though I think The Last of Us 2 deserves the nod over it, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ghosts of Tsushima cuts that particular Gordian knot between the two.

It's a safe choice, but safe choices are safe bets for a reason.

But one I'm comfortable saying.

Last edited:

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
The whole unboxing community on Youtube. It's not a deal breaker but worth mentioning and applaud MS for the extra touch.

It's similar to folks appreciating the little compartment hidden in PS5 stand or the dust filters. Just cool stuff.
Heh, yea. The screw compartment is a good analogy. Will it matter at all? Not one bit. But it's really cool! (The dust filters could be more functional than either.. but.. it depends on how they actually work.)

If a game is optimised, it says Xbox Series X first from what I've seen. So why does Watch Dogs say Xbox One first? It says optimised on the back. Weird!

2-F239-DC5-BD64-4-A32-AD51-9-D6-A13-EDFDED.jpg
Man I wish they did a unique cover for next gen
Is that even true? I mean, it's Smart Delivery.. it is what it is - they are essentially the same game that just take different day 1 patches :p

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'm really hoping for a Final Fantasy VII Remake announcement at the upcoming event
😭

I wonder if an announcement is coming soon. There was that tweet from the official account recently, which was just a few days past the six month anniversary of its release. We know it won't be hitting other platforms til at least April, but maybe they'll actually be able to mention other platforms soon?

Really doubt we'll hear anything about a port until April 2021 at the earliest when the exclusivity window is up. I'd guess there won't be a port exactly one year from the PS4 launch date. I mean, we haven't even heard a peep about FF14 on Xbox since what, last E3 so...

That was actually X019, but yeah, there's been nothing since.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm in the minority but XSS while interesting don't seem "earth-shattering" as people on Twitter are leading on..

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
It's a cultural thing now, part of the hype cycle, press and marketing have become part of the experience for a lot of media, unfortunately.
Yeah, you're right. I'm just an old miserable man now who doesn't understand it haha.

I mean, show me stuff about the consoles then i'm hyped. But I don't really care to watch someone unbox one. Each to their own I guess.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Yeah, you're right. I'm just an old miserable man now who doesn't understand it haha.

I mean, show me stuff about the consoles then i'm hyped. But I don't really care to watch someone unbox one. Each to their own I guess.

I sometimes partake, though I couldn't really tell you why aside from getting caught in the gravitational pull.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if an announcement is coming soon. There was that tweet from the official account recently, which was just a few days past the six month anniversary of its release. We know it won't be hitting other platforms til at least April, but maybe they'll actually be able to mention other platforms soon?

That was actually X019, but yeah, there's been nothing since.
I expect Sony to pull an extension and have it only on PS5 for a year. Like the old Destiny 2 deal itll be quietly extended

Status
Not open for further replies.