• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
I think they said a true next-gen upgrade is still in the works for sometimes next year. I just want to know what it will be like on launch. Like you said, if they have some preset options, there is no reason it could not have a 60fps option for some mode.
Yeah, they mentioned the "beefier" next-gen patch next year, but also stated to release a first bunch of improvements for next-gen at D1. It's just we don't know yet what those are, and it's frustrating.
If they would just unlock resolution and framerate, we could easily get a Native 4K/60 Cyberpunk with Xbox One X Enhanched visuals, thanks to the automatic BC improvements.
If they would also add a second "Quality" preset, we may also choose a second Dynamic 4K/30 mode with most visual presets upgraded to the "Ultra" ones on PC (RT excluded).

Let's wait and see I suppose.

MikeSan

Oct 27, 2017
Liège, Belgium
Is there any website or content creator who tested Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order ? The game will really need the extra power of the Series X and I'm quite curious to know how the game runs on it.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
About time if you ask me >.>
The studio deserves so much better.

They should make them a multi IP team as well, let them stretch their creative muscle.
The studio deserves to attend a meeting on what went wrong and then make decisions (including the hard ones) to make 343 a better studio. Covid can't be blamed, when a team at 4 years without covid to prepare and develop a game.

I don't even know what happened with the team after Halo 4 shipped, because the tech was outstanding on the 360 and now it's in shambles. We can't discuss gameplay and story obviously, however Halo 5 was disappointed for me. Their biggest mistake with the story was that they didn't introduce the teams really well and imo thought "of course everyone knows them". 343 were to focused on the lore in books, ... instead of focusing fully on the game narrative and experience. A big mistake.

I think their former Batman Arkham writer will help and the story could be more promising. Having said that, we can't judge it yet and as I said at the start 5 years are a very long time and the demo was really bad. This cannot happen for a studio working on one of the biggest franchises and a studio with arguably the biggest XGS budget.

I think a studio deserves to build a second team like Playground Games when they delivered time and time again. Sorry and most of my post perhaps sounds harsh, but 343 hasn't show anything which would let me say, "YES, give them even more money". As it stands they have enough problems developing one game.

Last edited:

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
Is there any website or content creator who tested Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order ? The game will really need the extra power of the Series X and I'm quite curious to know how the game runs on it.

I wish it provided the power to skip the cutscenes. I am still waiting to play until i can skip them.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm kind of keeping my eye on the Legion reviews. The first Watch Dogs bored me to tears after six or so hours, and then I never played the second one (in fact, I swore off Ubisoft games entirely for a couple of years). But Legion being set in my city gives it additional pull the others didn't have. Plus, I won't be playing Valhalla at launch as I'm still on Odyssey, so I'll have space for a big shiny open worlder.

I'd like to see how it performs on the Series X, as well. Hoping for a 60fps option, at least.
Funnily enough, I'm the exact same. Well, not the London or Odyssey part lol.

When Legion was announced I was meh on it, but reading the previews and what Jez said about it along with watching some videos, it all has me really excited to try it. I never finished Odyssey and I'll be honest and say I probably won't either. It was a good game and I enjoyed playing it, but I have what my friend calls bird brain syndrome lol. I see something new or shiny in a game and have to go and find out what it is. Even if that means completing 100 useless side-missions. Eventually I just burn myself out and that's what happened to me with Odyssey. Spent way too much time on rubbish instead of carrying on with the main scenario.

I'm still grabbing Valhalla though, hopefully I will finish that.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm kind of keeping my eye on the Legion reviews. The first Watch Dogs bored me to tears after six or so hours, and then I never played the second one (in fact, I swore off Ubisoft games entirely for a couple of years). But Legion being set in my city gives it additional pull the others didn't have. Plus, I won't be playing Valhalla at launch as I'm still on Odyssey, so I'll have space for a big shiny open worlder.

I'd like to see how it performs on the Series X, as well. Hoping for a 60fps option, at least.

I'm really looking forward to Legion, though I hope the NPCs won't be too much of a copy-and-paste. The strengths and weaknesses for each character from the first trailers looked fun. I want to hack an HQ with that granny :D

As for Watch Dogs 2, it is actually VERY different from 1. I loved it (while being so-so on 1). It's a light-hearted nerdy bunch of people trying to stop mega corporations from doing shit, but it never gets too dark. The gameplay mechanics were enhanced from the first game and it was so much fun to mess around in the city. To me, this game had the liveliest city I've seen in a videogame yet. San Francisco was so well realized. NPCs were doing all sorts of things from hiking to taking selfies to mowing the lawn to a thousand other things. The police and gangs would go at each other in such dynamic manners, and you could even provoke it with some hacking and just watch the mess unfold from the distance. I'd recommend checking the game out even if you didn't like the first Watch Dogs.

Last edited:

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I don't know but I'm interested as well.
It's a good candidate considering it will "logically" land on Game Pass in November/December.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
2 weeks and we still don't have real XSS hands ons. Getting kinda worried :(
Jeff Grubb has one, others will have one.
Everyone has one. RadBrad, who has almost no connection to Xbox, said he was getting one soon like several days before Jeff's accident. He even said he wasn't going to cover it LOL. But this is also more akin to standard preview timeframes. We're not seeing PS5 previews until now anyway, and MS wanted to make sure that they both had a steady stream of content for fans - but also that they got all the positive XSX news out before it gets drowned by PS5 coverage. So, nothing to be worried about for now. But yes, very interested in what we'll see and how much detail they'll be able to go into.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After cancelling my XSX I'm still in the market for an impulse purchase XSS. I'll wait for previews and order a day or two before release if I like what I'm hearing.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Anytime expecting another acquisition bomb tomorrow? Just feels like something Microsoft does now on the norm.
I could see them announcing something in regards to Asobo. After all Asobo teased something on Instagram and we still haven't seen the result.

We don't know if that's a announcement of them joining XGS, but it's a developer Microsoft is surely interested in imo. They develop cool smaller narrative games and have a 10 year plan for Flight Sim. They work on Hololens with games and tools iirc. Just makes perfect sense imo.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Still seeing quite a bit of marketing for Halo Infinite.

Saw this last night:

20201025-180439.jpg

Can't wait to see what the game will look like next year.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018
I'm new to the whole xbox ecosystem, what's the cheapest way to buy non-gamepass games? In PC I'd just check isthereanydeal and gg.deals, check maybe for keyshops or cheap keys in the BST thread, wait for Steam sales, etc. Is there any good xbox games price tracker? Is there a shop that usually has better deals than the MS store? etc

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
I'm new to the whole xbox ecosystem, what's the cheapest way to buy non-gamepass games? In PC I'd just check isthereanydeal and gg.deals, check maybe for keyshops or cheap keys in the BST thread, wait for Steam sales, etc. Is there any good xbox games price tracker? Is there a shop that usually has better deals than the MS store? etc

Xbox price comparison

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Buy from cheaper regions.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
xbdeals.net

Xbox Games Price Tracker — XB Deals in the official USA Microsoft Store

Subscribe and receive instant notifications when game in your watchlist becomes cheaper. Best price guaranteed! Try today - it's FREE!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
In my continuing quest to kill time until I get my hands on an XSX I'm downloading Hellblade: Senua's Sacrfice off of Gamepass as I type out this post. I'm trying to walk a tightrope of enjoying my new LG CX/Xbox One X combo (why did I wait so long to jump into 4K/HDR gaming? Oh yeah, I'm a dumbass), but still saving myself for the full XSX experience of enhanced BC titles.

I figure Hellblade Senua is a good primer for Ninja Theory's Hellblade 2.

To think that only a month or so I was thinking I was ok in getting a Series X sometime in the first half of 2021. Now, increasingly my thoughts are full of desperate planning at how I'm going to get my hands on one at launch.

Hellblade is an excellent game

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Apparently there won't be a 60 fps option.
4k30 with Ray tracing. That honestly kinda killed it for me. I just can't play a shooter after Resident evil 2 and TLOU that plays sluggishly.

Oh, that's a shame, but thanks for the heads-up. I will probably grab it on PC then.

Funnily enough, I'm the exact same. Well, not the London or Odyssey part lol.

When Legion was announced I was meh on it, but reading the previews and what Jez said about it along with watching some videos, it all has me really excited to try it. I never finished Odyssey and I'll be honest and say I probably won't either. It was a good game and I enjoyed playing it, but I have what my friend calls bird brain syndrome lol. I see something new or shiny in a game and have to go and find out what it is. Even if that means completing 100 useless side-missions. Eventually I just burn myself out and that's what happened to me with Odyssey. Spent way too much time on rubbish instead of carrying on with the main scenario.

I'm still grabbing Valhalla though, hopefully I will finish that.

Hah, I think I'm the opposite, sometimes I have to force myself off of the critical path so that I don't miss everything in the game. Though I must say, I'm quite enjoying going off the beaten path in Odyssey. The world is a marvel. I won't finish it this year (I'm 25 hours in since August!!), but I will finish it. I definitely will grab Valhalla at some point (because Vikings!), but it'll be a fair while after I've finished Odyssey. There's no way I could go straight from one AC game into another.

I'm really looking forward to Legion, though I hope the NPCs won't be too much of a copy-and-paste. The strengths and weaknesses for each character from the first trailers looked fun. I want to hack an HQ with that granny :D

As for Watch Dogs 2, it is actually VERY different from 1. I loved it (while being so-so on 1). It's a light-hearted nerdy bunch of people trying to stop mega corporations from doing shit, but it never gets too dark. The gameplay mechanics were enhanced from the first game and it was so much fun to mess around in the city. To me, this game had the liveliest city I've seen in a videogame yet. San Francisco was so well realized. NPCs were doing all sorts of things from hiking to taking selfies to mowing the lawn to a thousand other things. The police and gangs would go at each other in such dynamic manners, and you could even provoke it with some hacking and just watch the mess unfold from the distance. I'd recommend checking the game out even if you didn't like the first Watch Dogs.

Yeah, I've heard 2 was very different and worth playing, and I do actually own it. I was planning on playing through it at some point, but you know... backlogs... I also just can't play too many open world games a year, or I get burned out very easily.

I think what's always put me off is that I didn't get all that far into the first one, and I figured there'd be call backs to that one that I wouldn't get, and I'm one of these people that doesn't like coming in partway through a series. Does it feel like an actual sequel to the first, or is it more 'similar themes in the same world, but fairly disconnected'?

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
news.xbox.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for Android, Console, and PC: Celeste, Grim Fandango, PUBG and More - Xbox Wire

We’ve got more games coming to Xbox Game Pass on Console, PC, and Android devices – but heads up some are a little spooky! This month is packed full of comfy games, remastered classics, spooky adventures, and more. I would like to think I could brave a night in my couch fort at home playing […]
Celeste is such an amazing game.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
news.xbox.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for Android, Console, and PC: Celeste, Grim Fandango, PUBG and More - Xbox Wire

We’ve got more games coming to Xbox Game Pass on Console, PC, and Android devices – but heads up some are a little spooky! This month is packed full of comfy games, remastered classics, spooky adventures, and more. I would like to think I could brave a night in my couch fort at home playing […]

Some very great additions. Can someone send me some time so I can play all these games ? :D

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
In my continuing quest to kill time until I get my hands on an XSX I'm downloading Hellblade: Senua's Sacrfice off of Gamepass as I type out this post. I'm trying to walk a tightrope of enjoying my new LG CX/Xbox One X combo (why did I wait so long to jump into 4K/HDR gaming? Oh yeah, I'm a dumbass), but still saving myself for the full XSX experience of enhanced BC titles.

I figure Hellblade Senua is a good primer for Ninja Theory's Hellblade 2.

To think that only a month or so I was thinking I was ok in getting a Series X sometime in the first half of 2021. Now, increasingly my thoughts are full of desperate planning at how I'm going to get my hands on one at launch.

In for a treat. Hellblade is the best game I've played in years. Whew, what a journey.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
is buying from other regions as easy as it was to activate the xbox live cards from Brazil? o.o Read Dead 2 is $ 8.06 (with gold) o.o wtf

this is what I use : https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/

They also have some tips and tricks about how to buy games in the tutorial section.

You should double check about the Brazilian store because I think this is a bit more complicated than others.

Being in one of the most expensive store of all (the french one), I just created a singapore delivery adress and buy some gift cards from gameshop (or any other website selling SG gift cards). Then use it on the SG store and add it to my account to use it on my french xbox (I can even play the games a few hours before my real timezone).

Why Singapore ? that's usually one of the cheapest store and I don't want to have multiple store accounts just to be able to pay 1 or 2$ less than SG (if not less), so I just stick with this one. Brazil is indeed crazy cheap but I think you need to have a brazilian set up console to use it. HK is pretty cheap as well and works like SG, gift cars might be easier to find also.

All in all I mostly end up with digital games sold at the same price than the cheapest disc version i can buy in France and at least 25% cheaper than the game on the FR store, which I think is OK.

Last edited:

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
I know Doom Eternal is coming to Gamepass but have there been any specific Series X enhancements touted?

Status
Not open for further replies.