• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Still can't believe both companies from the "scrolls" legal dispute now is both owned by Microsoft lol

Heh, I hadn't thought about that. That's amusing.

Just literally beat Doom 2016(I know I'm late lol) just a few minutes ago...

Heh, yeah, I just finished it for the first time the other week. Bit of a weird one for me, as I loved the look of it right from reveal, and it should've been right up my alley (fast-paced, high-mobility shooter with dripping with metal), but for some reason I couldn't get into it the first few times I tried. Something clicked this time and I loved it, but I'm going to wait on Eternal for now, play some other stuff first as a palate cleanser.

Haven't missed the first 5 pages, I will allow myself a quote wall :D (By the way, is it normal that we can't quote from the last OT? In Amber Clad )

Oh, you can't? Hmm. I can:

Fare thee well, OT XI, the thread where I was reborn.

Let me look into it.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
For those that haven't, play Wasteland 3. Out on Xbox One, PS4, and PC (and Game Pass). It's really great.

Always fun seeing devs praise each others work.

It's also well deserved. I have to admit I completely underrated Inxile, always thinking Obsidian would be the best Xbox RPG studio, but after Wasteland 3 everything they do has entered must play territory for me. I've even started planning trying out those of their older games I missed and am almost done with Wasteland 2.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
What news are we expecting today?
I'm hoping we get some new bc announcments.

Nov 2, 2017
I like the title, it's a fun progression from Grounded in Reality. People thought Xbox was being pulled back to earth, but they were so innocent... Also I have to support anything Morrowind on principle.

Were you saying you'd be getting ACV, Watch Dogs, and Yakuza day 1? If so consider just skipping 2 of those for now, playing some backlog games instead and you have $120 toward the X right there.

Since you want to use discsa and care about performance (mentioned you didn't want to play last gen versions) I feel like going for the X is just a better idea. Plus you get the additional storage which is probably worth about $100 by itself.

I know $500 is a lot for a console but if it were me, I'd save for an additional couple months and get the one that I'll be happy with for 5 years.

If you're the kind of person who will enjoy playing an entire series of 5 games and not get sick of them, then yeah release order is the way to go. Otherwise start with 1, see if you care to go on to 2 and 3, if you get tired of them fast forward to 4+5 IMO and see if you like the more modern characters/visuals better.

Watch dogs, Valhalla and yakuza would have been my main games yes, though based on what you conidered then probably would only get Valhalla. I still have some backlog games I've been saving for the series x like crackdown and the splinter cell series. I got a good deal on the og Xbox splinter cell games discs a while back that I still have yet to see digital sales match.

Series x does seem like a better choice for me so I'll hope to try and get one if I can.

I've been going on a mass downloading spree to install enough to play in the series x

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nothing about it in the article but they mentioned 10% off of year 5. Wait and see I guess.
Says access to a dozen operators so probably not.

Edit: Nevermind I'm dumb it says dozens, plural not singular.

I haven't been able to choose a game after I finished Psychonauts. Started The Outer Worlds but not sure I'm into it yet. So help me decide to either play The outer worlds, A Plague Tale, Divinity Original sin 2 or replay dishonored 2.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018

I haven't been able to choose a game after I finished Psychonauts. Started The Outer Worlds but not sure I'm into it yet. So help me decide to either play The outer worlds, A Plague Tale, Divinity Original sin 2 or replay dishonored 2.
Play DOS2 or replay Dishonored 2. If you're not into the Outer Worlds, it isn't going to get better. The beginning is the strongest part of the game.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Looks like there's some smoke around the idea of a second pre-order wave in the coming days/week. I don't have the links right now, but the German Xbox account teased something, and I think some other folks heard the same from MS Store customer service.

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

I would def recommend Dishonored 2!!

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Remember Forza Horizon 2 ForzaFuel?
youtu.be

Forza Horizon 2: Forza Fuel Recap 2014

To celebrate the launch of Forza Horizon 2, Xbox sent eight super cars, eight pro gamers and eight pro drivers on an unforgettable adventure inspired by the ...

Wasn't this teased similar a few years ago?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Over the past few months, PC got Flight Simulator, Crusader Kings III, and Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition.

I only play on console and wish these were available. PC just went out of beta, too.

For real. Plus it was in beta pricing for most of this time at $5, and when EA Play drops you won't need Game Pass Ultimate like on console.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Play DOS2 or replay Dishonored 2. If you're not into the Outer Worlds, it isn't going to get better. The beginning is the strongest part of the game.
I usually like games like fallout or skyrim and the modern WRPG-genre so I think it's just I'm not super in the mood for those kinds of games rn, guess I can try the outer worlds again later :)

Replay Dishonoured 2.

Always replay Dishonoured 2.
I would def recommend Dishonored 2!!

Yeah, I think I'll start my replay of Dishonored 2, Arkane is probably my favourite developer but it's been 4 years now since last I played dishonored 2 so I can't remember too much of it. Just have to decide between Corvo and Emily then.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

They're all so different so just go with what you're in the mood for. Dishonored 2 is the best of the bunch, but A Plague Tale is quite compelling and shorter than the others. It might be easier to get into.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
In case y'all didn't see the thread, Observer Redux preorder is 80% off if you own the original version. Comes to $5.99 for a next gen showcase.

Looks like its only valid til tomorrow.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I felt like I'm missing some joke here, OP.
knowyourmeme.com

Hatsune Miku Created Minecraft

Hatsune Miku Created Minecraft refers to a fictional narrative that Vocaloid character Hatsune Miku created popular video game Minecraft after the game's actual creator, Markus 'Notch' Persson, made allegedly transphobic comments on Twitter. After a Hatsune Miku parody Twitter account asserted...

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Yeah, I think I'll start my replay of Dishonored 2, Arkane is probably my favourite developer but it's been 4 years now since last I played dishonored 2 so I can't remember too much of it. Just have to decide between Corvo and Emily then.

Assuming you're playing on console, do you have a One X? It got a really nice enhancement patch for the mid-gen refresh, so that'll be a treat.

My first playthough I did a no-kill Emily run, and then second was full-on supernatural murderbastard run with Corvo. I think I'll do the latter with Emily at some point, as her powers might be more fun to go crazy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.