• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Ooh, new OT smell.

Dang it, I missed page 1.

New banners look great! And now we need two OPs to contain them all, heh.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I think we can except a XO20 x Bethesda event for December maybe ?

This is simply my opinion - but with the Xbox Series probably selling out this holiday (like most consoles do 2-3 months after launch), and with COVID-19 - I think they are better off waiting until June/July and doing a big showcase - with gameplay.

Though normally I wouldn't mind another inbetween event, I feel like a bigger E3 would generate more hype, and creating polished gameplay demos takes time away (especially with COVID still affecting development).

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
This is simply my opinion - but with the Xbox Series probably selling out this holiday (like most consoles do 2-3 months after launch), and with COVID-19 - I think they are better off waiting until June/July and doing a big showcase - with gameplay.

Though normally I wouldn't mind another inbetween event, I feel like a bigger E3 would generate more hype, and creating polished gameplay demos takes time away (especially with COVID still affecting development).
XO has never really taken off. Most sites don't even cover it like they would a direct or anything. Never really gets a lot of viewers. I think it'd be much smarter to make their actual events good, which has been a key differentiator between MS and Sony. MS is much better at tweets and blogs than events

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Welcome welcome. No better time to jump into the Xbox ecosystem. Things are looking bright and game-filled!
Cheers! I know; I was this close to getting Burnout Paradise Remastered on my Switch when Microsoft went and announced EA Play for GP in early November; so that's that sorted!

Shame it didn't help with my purchase of Doom and Elder Scrolls for Switch a couple of months ago but oh well!

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Oh Hello New OT!

I'm actually kind of glad most embargos are up on the Series X. Might leave some room for other kind of announcements soon-ish (not necessarily asking for an acquisition, all I really want is a game showcase, although I'm starting to doubt anything is planned right now).

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
What an amazing looking OP! Xbox have so many studios right now that making these must be quite a lot of work.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
6th project actually.

I will post the source, though not the direct link. Brandon Adler posted about this over at RPG Codex.

Basically all he confirmed was that he is not working on TOW DLC. We know that Grounded is directed by Brennecke, Project Missouri is Sawyer's pet, Cain&Boyarsky are working on something (TOW 2?), Carrie Patel lead the 1st TOW DLC, might be leading the 2nd one as well considering that Adler isn't on it. Chris Parker is still rumoured (though not confirmed to be leading Avowed).

Adler's LinkedIn has him working on an unannounced game as game director, so it can't be Avowed. He worked on Avowed for 10 months as Gameplay Desing Director. If he started working on his project immediately after work on his project started either July or August of 2019.

TOW DLC #2 - Starks
Avowed - Parker?
Grounded - Brennecke
Project ? - Adler
Project Missouri - Sawyer
TOW 2 - Cain&Boyarsky
You are right, I just had coounted OTW dlc and OTW pre production being the same team.

My guess again, is that they will staff up to support all their projects and possibly outsource some work too.

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020

Appreciation post to Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. I will play them again day 1 on XSX.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Question. Some of these studios acquired are making future games that list PS5. Have these all been confirmed ps5 exclusive? Like deathloop looks great and was kind of hoping to play it on the Xbox series x

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
So what do we expect from Alpha Dog? It seems like a tiny studio that doesn't fit very well what Xbox have been up to lately. I guess MS see value in having an in house studio that can make phone games with their franchises?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Cheers! I know; I was this close to getting Burnout Paradise Remastered on my Switch when Microsoft went and announced EA Play for GP in early November; so that's that sorted!

Shame it didn't help with my purchase of Doom and Elder Scrolls for Switch a couple of months ago but oh well!

Don't worry you can get the new ones day one on GP :)

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

The Avowed trailer is clearly amazing

If the artistic direction is as pushed as a POE 2 we Feast !.

POE 2 provides stunning environmental contrast

In the trailer we already see this contrast:

-Medieval castle
andrew-averkin-avowed-01.jpg

-Wild / Jungle Areas
jakub-vondra-vlcsnap-2020-08-25-12h26m42s718.jpg

-Desolated Undead Area
alvaro-zabala-avowed-stills-002.jpg

-Ruins / Dungeons Lord of the Rings style (Verticality on this Area is another level)
jakub-vondra-vlcsnap-2020-08-25-12h27m32s418.jpg

Finally to come to this :
alvaro-zabala-avowed-stills-004.jpg

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
From Xboxera, Nice to see Phil :)

Khalid117x
There is a zoom meeting going on right now. Hosted by Goeff Keighley regarding the game awards. Phil Spencer is there as well answering a lot questions from a small number of fans. My brother is in and told me he was asked about Bethesda exclusives. And the reason they can't asnwer this definitively is a legal term because Zenimax is not part of Xbox yet. A lot of other small stuff as well. Will report back as soon as I have more

5b7a3d082d7ea5ae0d91a94913f8dd2ebb78ae23.jpeg

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Really pumped for Series X launch.

And that banner is just ridiculous. The content coming out of Xbox next gen is going to be incredible. I'm excited about where they're taking things and the vision they have for Game Pass.

Great OT - exciting times ahead!

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
November 10 cannot get here soon enough. Really excited to see what this upcoming gen has in store for us.

rafacamolez

Jan 3, 2019
Brazil
Hey guys! I'm getting an Xbox Series X – my first console from Microsoft, I'm a mainly Nintendo guy. Really excited for all the games and the future of the system. Here's to a great generation.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
From Xboxera, Nice to see Phil :)

5b7a3d082d7ea5ae0d91a94913f8dd2ebb78ae23.jpeg
Phil must be so proud of the Xbox Team as a whole, first year in almost a decade that they managed to have 2 true GOTY contenders with Flight Sim 2020 and Ori 2, then they outdelivered with the Xbox Series hardware, it is truly amazing.

Halo Infinite was the perfect closure to one of their best years ever... oh well.

I know that this year wasnt as good in the software aspect for Xbox console-only gamers (Flight Sim and Gears Tactics being PC only for a while) but if we talk about the Xbox ecosystem, it was one of their best years ever.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
20 by 2020, we did it ya'll.

About to embark on the greatest generation of gaming in a long ass time. Man I'm so excited.

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
Is there any news on Microsoft putting Flight Sim 2020 on Series X? I feel like that'd be absolutely amazing and something I would be super pumped about.

NeonDelta

Sep 29, 2020
Correct, instant on and suspend resume.

I have had instant on for like 3 years on my Xbox one x without a single issue.

suspend resume is going to be one of the best next gen features in the setting of gamepass. So many downloaded games...
I've had a One S for about 2 years and had no idea instant on/rest mode was a thing. as it's not there when you go to turn it off I assumed there wasn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.