• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020

Holy crap they added birds!!!!! Anyone else getting a Dragon-from-Skyrim vibe, but in the Grounded world? So eager to try this tonight. My girlfriend and I have been obsessed with this game.

Also something added to the water.... ouuuu

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
Doesn't the fact that a game isn't labelled "avoid" or "recommended" denote that?

Maybe. Essential to me was always GOTY contender/generational standout kind of game. But there's a wide quality gulf in my mind then of games before you get to "avoid". lumping them all together seems a bit oversimplified, where on the other side you get games getting 9.7 and trying to figure out wtf the difference is between a 9.5, 9.7 and 10.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Last time I thought of Certain Affinity was hypothesizing about them making a standalone classic Halo multiplayer game while 343 changed Halo completely. Now that we know Infinite itself is "classic" in many ways, CA should be working on it and they are!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since seeing Avowed, Perfect Dark universe but a type different type of game/different title has been my guess.

It fits with Phil's doing "(old things) in new ways" tweet too.
I am still on this boat

I have said this a couple of times. You guys remember that "Shangheist" game from Black Tusk that was teased back in the day in 2013. Black Tusk is now Coalition btw.
I can see TI taking that game and working on it.

TI and Coalition seem to work with eachother more then normally. And being "linked' for a long time now.
Spencer said "new and old" Its a new game but "old" in a way that it was already shown
Game was wrapping up pre production and then the Gears IP thing happened and Black Tusk took that.
This also explains maybe that they can show something now. The game was already being worked on and they didnt start fully from scratch.
Linkedin descriptions " various weapons, gadgets, and a camera surveillance system" could fit that game also. As it was some sort of "spy game" also
I dont know. I am not fully in the PD corner.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I personally think it's going to be co-op (optional, of course) and Joanna Dark is going to be one of the members of the "team" that you have the option of selecting, but aren't necessarily forced to use. She could also be the leader of the organization and play a major role, but not necessarily involved in the action. I think a movie like Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol could be a good blueprint.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If $70 becomes the standard for video game prices, that Series S with an gamepass subscription is going to start looking mighty tempting to gamers this holiday (if it's coming at all), especially with the economy being as it is.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
If $70 becomes the standard for video game prices, that Series S with an gamepass subscription is going to start looking mighty tempting to gamers this holiday (if it's coming at all), especially with the economy being as it is.
That's exactly what I said in the CoD pricing thread! If you are an Xbox/PC gamer and don't have Game Pass yet, I wonder if the new pricing for next gen helps convince you, if you somehow haven't been already.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last sentence in that tweet is right, though. Yet we need to see game that will demonstrate XSX. Hopefully soon.
I mean sure, its a valid point when it's from anyone being sincere, but not when it comes from a known warrior, they'll use anything to object simply on principle, even if it means pretending to be concerned, he doesn't want XSX to become more attractive as a consumer product, which is what the result would be by MS answering his question, typical bad faith actor in these types of discussions.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
Cold War's box art. Is this going to be confusing?

coldwar.png

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Looks like The Gunk is a permanent exclusive, not timed https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/..._substances_exploration_and_the_xbox_series_x

Pure Xbox: Why did you decide to make The Gunk an Xbox exclusive, and how will it take advantage of the Xbox Series X?

Ulf:
Since making this game is such a big step for us we knew we wanted to find a strong partner and Microsoft had been excited about it since our earliest conversations. And yes, it will be permanently exclusive for Windows 10 and the Xbox consoles. The gunk itself is using an advanced rendering technique that should benefit a lot from the added power of the Series X. It will also be a lot easier to get the game world as lush and vibrant as we're aiming for.

Jul 26, 2018
Looks like The Gunk is a permanent exclusive, not timed https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/..._substances_exploration_and_the_xbox_series_x

Pure Xbox: Why did you decide to make The Gunk an Xbox exclusive, and how will it take advantage of the Xbox Series X?

Ulf:
Since making this game is such a big step for us we knew we wanted to find a strong partner and Microsoft had been excited about it since our earliest conversations. And yes, it will be permanently exclusive for Windows 10 and the Xbox consoles. The gunk itself is using an advanced rendering technique that should benefit a lot from the added power of the Series X. It will also be a lot easier to get the game world as lush and vibrant as we're aiming for.
Wouldn't put much stock into this unless it's published by Microsoft or something like that. We've heard this countless times for games like Cuphead from MS to other systems and Yakuza from PS to other systems.

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019
I'd love to see XboxEra move away from scores. Even an "avoid", "only for the fans", "recommended", "Essential"

my only complaint with eurogamer is that there seems to be a lot of games that need something that denotes this is a mediocre game but still playable versus avoid or recommended.
Nah, I like scores. I don't see why we can't do both?

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see XboxEra move away from scores. Even an "avoid", "only for the fans", "recommended", "Essential"

my only complaint with eurogamer is that there seems to be a lot of games that need something that denotes this is a mediocre game but still playable versus avoid or recommended.
I think that what you achieved on such a complex game is what makes the review great; i'm pretty sure you could have done a 30min review easily, but your 12min are enough to give the core +/- of the game. 12min might even be too much for some games :)

I also agree to some extend with Hey Please on the scoring part, I much prefer when a review gives a "final word" or a quick sentence on a game instead of a figure (would a 9.4 game be really not as good as a 9.7 one ?). But this is only a small detail and I think you are on a really good track for the future.

For a publication as small as ours, scores are somewhat of a necessity.

I think the entire team would prefer something more like Euro gamers methodology, but it won't be for a while yet.

Glad you guys liked our work though! 💚

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess Joseph Staten is returning to Halo. Already works at Microsoft (I think he's on the publishing team?).

Status
Not open for further replies.