• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
xCloud will not support games outside of Game Pass at launch, will expand to games beyond that later.
Ah okay, that's a handy workaround.
So? You can still side load games on Android. That's how they launched Fortnite in the first place and if you already had the game installed, you can still play it
Would you have to sideload updates and microtransactions as well?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I believe sideloaded apps on Android don't auto update. So yes you would kinda have to go and manually update the app. Android isn't exactly as open as one would believe. The lesser of two evils though.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish MS pushed for some licensing deals. I feel they've been so out of the loop with popular licenses.

I'd love to see a first party Marvel game, or KOTOR3 by Obsidian. Something attention grabbing.

Give some of their IPs a break too.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I really wish MS pushed for some licensing deals. I feel they've been so out of the loop with popular licenses.

I'd love to see a first party Marvel game, or KOTOR3 by Obsidian. Something attention grabbing.

I don't care what sort of deal they have to make, just give us KoTOR 3 you cowards!!

Oct 25, 2017

pls no

i can't think of anything more boring than another marvel game, and even though i'd be interested in KOTOR, i prefer the balance of new IP's/revivals they are doing

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
pls no

i can't think of anything more boring than another marvel game, and even though i'd be interested in KOTOR, i prefer the balance of new IP's/revivals they are doing
I'm sorry but you must understand a Doctor Strange game from Remedy or Captain America game from Coalition sounds hawt af

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Did they finally say that officially? I haven't really read much of the official material to be fair, not like I'm going many places right now anyway.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will be the only way to access xCloud streaming at launch, but it won't always be limited to Microsoft's top subscription tier.

"Over time we will continue to expand how we introduce streaming as part of the platform, and playing games that you own that aren't part of the subscription," says Microsoft's Xbox chief Phil Spencer in an interview with The Verge. "For launch we're putting it in Ultimate for no additional cost. We think it's a good audience for us to start with, and it's an audience that plays a lot of games."
www.theverge.com

Microsoft to launch xCloud streaming free with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in September

xCloud won’t be the final name for launch

Mister chief

May 8, 2020
b6511b7d-06d9-46e8-b8ce-14f6a4e1f1ba.jpg

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Has Sega said anything about how the Yakuza games gave performed on Xbox? I've bought every one of them, even with them on Game Pass. I wonder if they'll release the rest of the numbered games, I think those are very likely and spinoffs like Judgement are kind of likely, if they'll launch in Game Pass or if they'll just go traditional sale, hoping that all the people who played the first 3 / Like a Dragon on Game Pass will be hooked and buy them outright. It's a strategy.

Regardless of whether they come to Game Pass at this point, here's hoping Sega keeps bringing their games to Xbox and PC, and they keep doing well. Sega deserves a renaissance.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
Everyone's begging for MS to get a Captain America and Wolverine license, I'm over here begging them to get the Black Widow license.

Where is Joanna :(

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Everyone's begging for MS to get a Captain America and Wolverine license, I'm over here begging them to get the Black Widow license.

Where is Joanna :(
In all honesty, if TC was going to work on a Marvel license, I'd pick Deadpool. There's so much they could do with that character and really make a solid shooter with him too. Punisher would work too.
Just my two cents though.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Good post.

This is a process that has been happening since 2018 already and every open-minded individual is seeing it as well. (Re-)building your first-party takes time, but the results are coming in as we speak. They already try to accelerate that process by bringing in more people into the studios, but in the end, only time will forge great experiences. And if there is one thing the new XGS allows their studios -- it is time, recent examples being Halo Infinite, Battletoads, Psychonauts 2, Forza Motorsport etc. or yes, even MS Flight Sim. People expecting Battletoads to be a 6/10 game should be in for another small positive surprise as well.

When I started talking in 2018 (damn, time is running so fast ...) how I expect Xbox to have the most diverse first-party output in the long run, I totally meant it that way. Still need 2 - 3 more studios to really be where I want them to be, but they are getting there.

A little late but just wanted to say "yep" to all of the above. The progress is evident. Getting a couple weeks away from the Halo delay, we can get some better perspective on how they're doing right now. 2 90+ MC games, a really solid release with Tactics, some good stuff coming up.

Now about those 2 - 3 more studios... ;)

So there's some new buzz that EA Play is straight going to be merged with Game Pass, as in included at no extra cost, at least with Ultimate. While really that's just the rumor mill taking a handful of tweets and running with it, it's an interesting thought.

If EA Play becomes a part of Game Pass, it brings Star Wars with it, not to mention Fifa and Madden, but I'm mostly thinking of Star Wars right now. Granted if I'm understanding EA Play right it doesn't include all EA games fully, but it does include early access, DLC and discounts. People keep talking about how Xbox needs an exclusive super hero franchise to compete with Sony and Spiderman, well how about Star Wars?

The games won't be exclusive sure, and they'll still come to Playstation, but there's still, including them to any level in Game Pass creates a strong brand association. It'd be a lot stronger if the games were guaranteed day and date, which I don't think the will be if EA Play comes to Game Pass.

This accomplishes close to what Sony is accomplishing with Spiderman, but I massively prefer the hypothetical strategy of some beloved brand or character being tied to Game Pass than I do them being tied to one console or the other.

EA Play seems to get pretty much all EA games about 6 - 9 months past launch. That's a really significant addition to Game Pass, IMO, not to mention the entire EA back catalog.

2. It still bothers me that publishing had nothing else ready for launch.

Do we know what they will have (if anything) besides Gears Tactics?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you expecting $249 will be in for a shock I feel like.

Series S is cheaper to make than the Series X, that does not mean it will be cheap.

It won't be $249.

Last edited:

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yep. Fully expecting $399, will be pleasantly surprised if it's $349.
I would say $349, that seems the sweet spot. $299 is my dream, then I could get my Wife one at launch (assuming it launches alongside the XSX) so we can play together. I would guess they would still be making a loss on it at $349, but it would balance out very quickly with people buying into services and games.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is microsoft selling a system this year on the promise of games to come rather than having a game that shows why the new system will make a difference over the old ones? I think sony is doing the same thing. I know covid really fucked a lot of things. But asking people to shell out 500 bucks without a super compelling reason to at launch does not look good. Ive been mulling this over since the halo delay. Things just dont feel ready for this year.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Anything above 70 would be great for Battletoads imo.
I hope it will get there, footage looked great so far :)

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Is microsoft selling a system this year on the promise of games to come rather than having a game that shows why the new system will make a difference over the old ones? I think sony is doing the same thing. I know covid really fucked a lot of things. But asking people to shell out 500 bucks without a super compelling reason to at launch does not look good. Ive been mulling this over since the halo delay. Things just dont feel ready for this year.
Depends - getting to play X1 games enhanced is compelling enough reason for me (and I'm sure many others) to pick the console up at launch.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Reviews are out tomorrow.
Release-day embargo is normally a bad thing but there are exceptions for every rule :)

Gotcha lol hopefully it reviews well (hoping 80+).

Also, the fact it's coming to game pass means that I don't really mind a release day review embargo. Don't suppose you can say what time tomorrow the embargo is lifting?

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
Any reason why people don't believe 249-299$ but 399$. When it comes to PS5DE they believe 399$. Smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.