• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotnetguy

Jul 12, 2020
That product already exists, it's called Xbox One X.
They've discontinued it though. The Series S will take that position.

MS strategy is fairly clear:
- Series X is the hardcore piece of hardware, for the enthusiasts, for those who want the ultimate - 4K60, 4K120, 8K60 eventually. Premium price for a premium box.
- Series S is highly capable (1080p60, maybe 1440p60), but will (I am assuming) not do 4K60. It will be BC with OG Xbox, 360 and XB1 games, with some enhancements. Much more affordable than the Series X.

To me this makes total sense.

Last edited:

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020

- Series X is the hardcore piece of hardware, for the enthusiasts, for those who want the ultimate - 4K60, 4K120, 8K60 eventually. Premium price for a premium box.
- Series S is highly capable (1080p60, maybe 1440p60), but will (I am assuming) not do 4K60. It will be BC with OG Xbox, 360 and XB1 games, with some enhancements. Much more affordable than the Series X.

This does all make sense in time, but it's also looking like the One S might stick around for at least another year based on those Target listings. I'm really curious to see what their pricing strategy is then.

Either the One S is getting slashed all the way down to like $150, or the Series S/X might actually be $400 - $600 machines.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
My hype for Xbox's next showing has dropped significantly but delay to September is still disappointing. I hope Perfect Dark blows minds.

Their next show isn't a game reveal show, its a hardware services thing. I would assume considering how long it has been since that was being hinted at it may have changed but I wouldn't bet on it.

dotnetguy

Jul 12, 2020
This does all make sense in time, but it's also looking like the One S might stick around for at least another year based on those Target listings. I'm really curious to see what their pricing strategy is then.

Either the One S is getting slashed all the way down to like $150, or the Series S/X might actually be $400 - $600 machines.
My guess is that the One S gets discontinued quite soon - as soon as the Series S is generally available. There would still be plenty of stock out there.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
qbWIMQKz_400x400.jpg

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I am debating whether I try to play Wasteland 1-2 before 3. I've heard 2 is rough and if I'm skipping 2 why not 1...hm hm hm

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I am debating whether I try to play Wasteland 1-2 before 3. I've heard 2 is rough and if I'm skipping 2 why not 1...hm hm hm
I played both within the last year, 2 I completed on easy, then I finished 1 (got all the achievements) back when the remaster came out. I'd say that while 2 is rough I regret not playing it through on normal at least. The Story, side quest, and systems are great what's rough about it is the performance (if not playing on PC), the UI design (not good at all), and some of the graphics. Both are really worth a playthrough as characters in 1 are in 2 (some stories from 1 are even expanded) and from the screenshots and trailers I've seen characters from both 1 and 2 are in 3 (Scotchmo being the obvious non spoiler example as he's heavily featured in one of the trailers - also same voice actor it seems!)

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

deep dive into halo Infinite development by Brad Sams

i had forgotten just how early the rumors of splitting mp and sp were for infinite. that definitely suggests that there were some major development struggles PRIOR to covid-19.

i hope the game turns out well (fun). it looks like halo to me and i'm optimistic that missing/bugged effects and ray tracing will make a significant improvement. but damn watching all the previous trailers back to back before seeing the actual gameplay was rough.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
My guess is that the One S gets discontinued quite soon - as soon as the Series S is generally available. There would still be plenty of stock out there.

Fair guess, personally I think it'll stick around as an ultra budget option. Make that V2 bundle one that comes with the new controller and retails even lower than the Series S.

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
At this point I prefer get a tweet from anybody just to get hyped and then get disappointed than keep waiting for more news. The wait is so long.

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017
I wouldn't call 2 rough. Its an older game but it plays fine and is fun. Wasteland 1 is very old. I don't think either game is required to play wasteland 3. I played wasteland 2 without 1 and was fine. There were a few callbacks in character and such from the first that didn't mean anything to me and I'm sure some things I didn't notice as I didn't play the first but I didn't walk away feeling like I missed anything.

Wasteland 3 I would expect to be similar.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Mar 11, 2019
My hype for Xbox's next showing has dropped significantly but delay to September is still disappointing. I hope Perfect Dark blows minds.
They have had their big show already that was supposed to convince people to buy into the MS/xbox/gamepass ecosystem. Even when they have said they have still stuff to show, I don't think it will be spectacular game-wise, although there are rumors of nice gamepass announcements from third party. If anything, that could make a nice show and their console attractive is announcing it below the PS5 (disc version) price point.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Perfect Dark could be a Gamescom game. I know it was marketing to some extent, but Phil said he didn't see a major show where they didn't announce something. Gamescom, Game Awards and, god willing, TGS still remain this year. X will probably be basically a launch show.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

yeps agree

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
Change my mind
xCloud is something huge but first people that know about it are console and pc gamers. There's a lot of players on mobile and Microsoft will a lot of money (don't know about profit) just for selling hardware, games and services on Xbox, PC and mobile.
People will still compare the number of consoles sold, but in reality we might see higher revenue from Microsoft in next years, which is more important.

SamAlexT

Jul 21, 2020
We were asking what was going on with Xbox Publishing, and now they delivered two critically acclaimed games this year (Ori and MFS). This brings so much confidence imo

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
MS Flight Simulator just hit 61,733 concurrent players on Steam alone! WOW! Wondering the numbers when combined with Game Pass...

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Change my mind
xCloud is something huge but first people that know about it are console and pc gamers. There's a lot of players on mobile and Microsoft will a lot of money (don't know about profit) just for selling hardware, games and services on Xbox, PC and mobile.
People will still compare the number of consoles sold, but in reality we might see higher revenue from Microsoft in next years, which is more important.
ive been saying that xcloud will be big since they announced it and their commitment to launch alongside utilizing the 5g technology.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Everyone swearing up and down that PS5/Series X won't be a dime over $499 remind me of the folks who swore One X would never be over $399.

I'm fully expecting $599 and I'll be pleased as punch if it comes in lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.