• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Not every game is Halo. No way in the world is any other game getting that leniency, and even then I can see it coming at the cost of some careers.
It's weird you put it as Halo being likely to get the most leniency. I was actually pushing that the exact opposite is Microsoft's past.
The tentpole franchises usually never got delayed while smaller games have always had more leniency in that area. This is the first time (that I can recall) that Xbox has delayed a tentpole game.

I'm not sure what you're getting at about careers, that seems to be a weird spin, especially in the current situation within the US.

I don't know;

Cuphead got it
Below got it
Crackdown 3 got it
Ori 2 got it
Minecraft Dungeons got it
Battletoads got it
Wasteland 3 got it
Psychonauts 2 got it

MS seems totally fine with delaying their games if they need more polish.
Thank you.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird you put it as Halo being likely to get the most leniency. I was actually pushing that the exact opposite is Microsoft's past.
The tentpole franchises usually never got delayed while smaller games have always had more leniency in that area. This is the first time (that I can recall) that Xbox has delayed a tentpole game.

I'm not sure what you're getting at about careers, that seems to be a weird spin, especially in the current situation within the US.
I was talking about the increased budget as a result. No other dev is getting that.

CRZYSPZ

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
I don't know;

Cuphead got it
Below got it
Crackdown 3 got it
Ori 2 got it
Minecraft Dungeons got it
Battletoads got it
Wasteland 3 got it
Psychonauts 2 got it

MS seems totally fine with delaying their games if they need more polish.
I was talking about the increased budget as a result. No other dev is getting that.
I think it's too early to assume that with the current Xbox, but I think spending more on fixing a problem is more likely to be the route with current Xbox based on their decision on Halo: Infinite, Psychonauts 2, Wasteland 3, etc.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's too early to assume that with the current Xbox, but I think spending more on fixing a problem is more likely to be the route with current Xbox based on their decision on Halo: Infinite, Psychonauts 2, Wasteland 3, etc.
I just don't think you can look at a situation involving Halo and extrapolate that, really. It's possible this delay will cost $100m if the $500m figure is accurate.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I just don't think you can look at a situation involving Halo and extrapolate that, really. It's possible this delay will cost $100m if the $500m figure is accurate.
I don't think the 500m is correct. I remember reading the same thing about Halo 4 and 5. Just a weird rumor that pops up with every 343i mainline Halo title.

edit: although I only remember seeing the 500m thing in regards to H4 & 5 on Reddit and in comment sections. The Infinite rumor has way more traction so maybe there's some truth to it.

Last edited:

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
It's kinda a needs must situation, though. They need to get this Halo right.
They don't "need" anything, it's always a matter of choice. It would have been great to do that for Crackdown 3 (mind you Crackdown is no Halo in term of IP) but Microsoft couldn't really afford it and they launched it in that poor state.
Sea of thieves wasn''t that great at launch either.

You could argue that they "needed" good first party release back in that time and it would have been natural to push them back, but they didn't. Because they couldn't afford it, they didn't have the ressource nor the first party portefolio.

Now with Halo Infinite, Ori, Wasteland or Psychonauts, they do have that luxury of allowing delays because they have games like Flight Simulator or Gears 5 or even the early access of Grounded, that are ready to ship and so it doesn't cause a big disturbance in their planning.

Of course Halo Infinite was such a big launch that its delay is not the best thing that could happen, but some months ago Microsoft would have had no choice but to release it in that poor state, promising they would do better with the next one / fix this one over time.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Thank you :)
I think it was unfortunate timing of being right before that staff post and one guy who really, really, reallllllly wants to make an issue out of that term, for some reason.
It's probably best if I just post far less..
Welcome back o/

I thought you had been another alt account lol

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
I was at the barber today (calm down I'm in Australia and not in lockdown) and overheard some people talking about next gen consoles. They were all PS owners and didn't really know the name of the XSX (kept calling it the Xbox X, which I think is a better name but not my point here).

Anyway they were talking about how their existing PS4 controllers wouldn't work with PS5 games and they were outraged.

I think Xbox has a winning strategy with making sure X1 accessories work on XSX. it's only a small thing but I think it's the type of thing your average joe will appreciate

TornRaptor

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Australia
I was at the barber today (calm down I'm in Australia and not in lockdown) and overheard some people talking about next gen consoles. They were all PS owners and didn't really know the name of the XSX (kept calling it the Xbox X, which I think is a better name but not my point here).

Anyway they were talking about how their existing PS4 controllers wouldn't work with PS5 games and they were outraged.

I think Xbox has a winning strategy with making sure X1 accessories work on XSX. it's only a small thing but I think it's the type of thing your average joe will appreciate
Well you could be in Victoria and going to the barber would be a no no.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
I'm assuming the rumor is adding base EA Access to gamepass. That really doesn't do much for me. However, I'll never turn down added value.

There is no way we get EA games day one. That would be insanely awesome.

One other thought is that their sports games almost need to go free to play anyways. I have stopped getting NHL every year cause it's just not worth it to me. Roster updates aren't worth 60 bucks. My family and I just stick to the older years versions

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming the rumor is adding base EA Access to gamepass. That really doesn't do much for me. However, I'll never turn down added value.
I could see that, yeah.
On the other side, EA isn't releasing too much in the near future, so IF they ever could do such a deal it would probably be now (assuming it'll be for a limited time)

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
EA Play on Game Pass does nothing for me...unless its Day One EA titles on the service the way MS does it. Then that would be different.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
EA Play on Game Pass does nothing for me...unless its Day One EA titles on the service the way MS does it. Then that would be different.
Same. Can't see it in a million years that EA will allow Game Pass subscribers to play their new games in full on day 1. A trial? Yeah can see that.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
EA Access would perfectly fit Shinobi's description of this upcoming Game Pass announcement for me: objectively a big deal, but would do absolutely nothing at all for me :D

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I would be pretty stoked for EA Access to be included with Game Pass. Adds more games to the library and saves me some cash on the games I would maybe pick up, but not day one and just wait for them to get added to the service.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Off the top of my head, I think I've only bought four EA games this gen, and two of those were massive disappointments.

Wait, no, the Titanfall games, too. Still, that's less than one game a year on average :D I just don't really care for much of their output, though as I say, it'd objectively be A Big Deal.

nofriendo

Jun 4, 2019
I have EA Access and absolutely nothing installed from it at the moment. Would not add much value to Game Pass for me.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have EA Access and absolutely nothing installed from it at the moment. Would not add much value to Game Pass for me.
The only thing that would make it a deal for me is if they had Series X updates to stuff like BF4, BC1&2 and other games. Outside of the regular sports titles, it is really not that great on Xbox anymore. Maybe EA Pass will change that.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It will be nice to play the remaster ver. on One X. Here is hoping it looks at least as good as the modded version of PC:

Modern Warfare patch:

PC: 1.8GB
PS4: 1.2GB
Xbox: 66.3GB
w9LvlXa.gif

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I'm also an EA access subscriber for a few years (because it's so damn cheap). So it would save me 25 or 30€ per year, which is still cool.
But in terms of games, I think I "only" used my EA sub to play Titanfall 2, (re)play ME trilogy and a couple of smaller games here and there (Unravel comes to mind). Never really been interested in any of their sports games, or in Battlefield or Star Wars.

Still I can totally see how it's a big deal for many people and for GP in general.

CRZYSPZ

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
In the same boat with EA Access.
I'd probably play a couple games that I don't own (Fe, try out Anthem, Sea of Solitude once it's added), but overall it wouldn't do much for me.

Not a sports game guy anyway (I miss the old NBA Live days).

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I subbed to EA Access in the run-up to Dragon Age Inquisition's launch, as you got to play it early. I then stayed subbed for over a year even though I didn't play anything on it, because I'm an idiot and kept forgetting to cancel it /o\

I imagine that kind of behaviour is much more common than many think :D

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
I subbed to EA Access in the run-up to Dragon Age Inquisition's launch, as you got to play it early. I then stayed subbed for over a year even though I didn't play anything on it, because I'm an idiot and kept forgetting to cancel it /o\

I imagine that kind of behaviour is much more common than many think :D
It's super common and is the same for banks, utilities, gyms etc.

Oct 26, 2018
If ea play thing is true, if Ms could secure Madden and fifa day one( or more than likely 2-3 months later) + nba 2k ( which launched on gamepass not too far after it released) that would be extremely big. I probably won't buy 2k this yr because of that

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
"Free" FIFA and Madden at launch would be a bigger deal than Halo. But I can't see MS announcing something like that as late as September.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
"Free" FIFA and Madden at launch would be a bigger deal than Halo. But I can't see MS announcing something like that as late as September.

A Game Pass deal is the one thing I can see them making in time for launch to replace Halo. It'll just be crazy expensive, but it shouldn't require as much work to make it happen as an exclusive game. The one thing being that if this is supposed to be some kind of add-on system, there's UI and branding they wouldn't have yet. They could probably swing something like an extended free period for EA Play as a Game Pass perk at launch, like 3 to 6 months, cover the console launch and games like Fifa and Madden.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
So Alanah Pearce said today on the KFX podcast that someone that works at a retail store DM her a picture of the in store system that show the price of the XSX at $599:

Don't know how time stamp but it happened here: 41:20.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Alanah Pearce said today on the KFX podcast that someone that works at a retail store DM her a picture of the in store system that show the price of the XSX at $599:

Considering I keep hearing form tech savvy people that these machines are genuinely impressive then it seems a fair price.

And it can be offset thanks to Series S as well.

MrAlderson

Apr 19, 2018

That has to be a placeholder, 599 is a lot to ask for in this current climate

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

Seems real....well.... not very credible. I really dig this podcast btw. I think the weekly format and the panelists are superb. Seems wildly successful. Gets more views than any other regular show they make.

My guess is still $399. Doesn't matter though, I bought like 400 games between Xbox consoles I'm pretty much on the hookno matter what

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
$599.99 is absolutely justified to me for both XSX and PS5. I thought it was insane people thought 399 would be the miracle price when to me 499 would be the miracle. Now if Microsoft can get Lockhart at 299 that would be a huge win

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
599 is insane to ask for with how little it is offering at the beginning but well down the line it will be great to play all those new experiences.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

She is speculating that it's a placeholder herself (and they are also guessing 499 for Series S lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.